•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What Do The Jets Stand For?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 59,024 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

What do the Jets stand for? Most nights we don’t know anymore. They were going to be a ground and pound team and now they are searching for an identity. This week Courtney and Phil look into the Jets struggles, talk about the injuries and look ahead to Sunday and the Dennis Byrd ring of honor ceremony.

(I have a damn cold so I sound like *&^%, Next week we will be back to doing this in person which is 1,000 times easier than over the phone).

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#2 JetNation

JetNation

Transition Player

• Members
  • 5,991 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

What do the Jets stand for? Most nights we don’t know anymore.  They were going to be a ground and pound team and now they are searching for an identity.  This week Courtney and Phil look into the Jets struggles, talk about the injuries and look ahead to Sunday and the Dennis Byrd ring of honor ceremony.

#3 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

We stand for poor Q.B play, loosing close games, can't run, can't pass, zero pass rush, and over priced vets. Oh and blow hard HC's

So why do I still love this team, I'm I in an abusive relationship?

Edited by BurnleyJet, 26 October 2012 - 02:42 AM.

#4 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,269 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

Jovial - at least when Rex was a proper fat man.

Ebullient - remember those two AFC Chamionship games?

Titties - we like them. A lot.

SOJ - it is the way things were meant to be.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#5 Big Dave

Big Dave

Free Agent

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

How about this ...

Posted Image

LOL. You knew I had to post this once over here. It should be a good game.

Edited by Big Dave, 26 October 2012 - 06:34 AM.

#6 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

The Jets stand for $$$$ first. They stand for trying to steal back page headlines. They stand for a head coach that is more about trying to be cute with the media, than trying to game plan. They stand for not admitting mistakes, for the sake of not making themselves look bad. They stand for trying short term fixes which turn into long term boondoggles.
Originally Posted by Blackout
LOL ignorance is bless.

#7 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

500 warning points and counting.

• Members
  • 10,153 posts
  • LocationThe road to Seacacus

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

The Jets stand for truth, justice and the American way.

#8 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

Jerk
Every
Tear
Suckers

Posted Image

#9 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

500 warning points and counting.

• Members
  • 10,153 posts
  • LocationThe road to Seacacus

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

Apple pie and baseball.

#10 Jet27

Jet27

Alpha & Omega

• Members
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

What do the Jets stand for: This:

Remembering when you were just a boy or a girl, looking at your dad's or mom's TV staring at it in amazement as your favorite team, wearing your favorite color (you know that green) and with that cool helmet....wow you said as your dad or mom every now and then would scream and clap and sometimes yell and cry. You wondered why. Then there was that one great day that you went to your first game and sat down looking around you in this huge stadium, while dad or mom bought your first hot dog and you drank your first soda at the game, watching your team, your dad's or moms team. You felt part of the people as they clapped and screamed and jumped for joy, because we scored and then won.

You remember that cold day in autumn or wintertime what it smelled like what it tasted like and how it all made you feel as you held onto your dad's or mom's hand, walking to the car with so many people all around you happy and smiling and yelling J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets!

You remember watching the sun going down as you sat in the back seat starting to fall a sleep and being a little cold because the heat wasn't working yet in the car...

You remember.

Then on that christmas day or on your birthday that present wraped in green paper as you tera it open...wow you remember your first Jets shirt and how proud you were to have it and wear it and how dad or mom smiled at you when you put it on.

Your a Jets Fan.....The Jets are your team and will always be your team. GO JETS!

#11 slowmoe57

slowmoe57

Keep Smiling

• Members
  • 5,837 posts
  • LocationAurora Illinois

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Just
Every
Tebow
Story
Posted Image
Remember weed will get you through times of no money
better than money will get you through times of no weed
TFFFB

#12 JohnnyHector

JohnnyHector

Where? In the car?

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

Jubilantly
Extend
The
Sanchize
Posted Image

#13 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

Justifying

Everyday

Tannenbaum

Sucks

#14 FloridaJetsFan

FloridaJetsFan

Hail Caesar

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

What do the Jets stand for?

The Pledge of Allegiance?

#15 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

Just Existing To Suck!

#16 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Phil on the phone. Did that restraining order from Courtney kick in ?

Great job guys!

About JETS being under .500 when Mark throws more than 30 times. I wonder how many of those were part of the game plan and how many were because we were way way behind in the game and were trying to catch up!

Feel better.

#17 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

How about this ...

Posted Image

LOL. You knew I had to post this once over here. It should be a good game.

GFY!

#18 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,849 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

Jesus
Endorses
Tebow
Starting

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#19 courtnj18

courtnj18

Rookie Free Agent

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 634 posts
  • LocationNJ/NY

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

What do the Jets stand for: This:

Remembering when you were just a boy or a girl, looking at your dad's or mom's TV staring at it in amazement as your favorite team, wearing your favorite color (you know that green) and with that cool helmet....wow you said as your dad or mom every now and then would scream and clap and sometimes yell and cry. You wondered why. Then there was that one great day that you went to your first game and sat down looking around you in this huge stadium, while dad or mom bought your first hot dog and you drank your first soda at the game, watching your team, your dad's or moms team. You felt part of the people as they clapped and screamed and jumped for joy, because we scored and then won.

You remember that cold day in autumn or wintertime what it smelled like what it tasted like and how it all made you feel as you held onto your dad's or mom's hand, walking to the car with so many people all around you happy and smiling and yelling J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets!

You remember watching the sun going down as you sat in the back seat starting to fall a sleep and being a little cold because the heat wasn't working yet in the car...

You remember.

Then on that christmas day or on your birthday that present wraped in green paper as you tera it open...wow you remember your first Jets shirt and how proud you were to have it and wear it and how dad or mom smiled at you when you put it on.

Your a Jets Fan.....The Jets are your team and will always be your team. GO JETS!

Did you steal this from Hallmark?

#20 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,810 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:28 AM

I don't get how you can throw out a question like that and not quote Judge Smails.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#21 T0mShane

T0mShane

Mark Sanchez is my spirit animal

• Members
  • 29,263 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:40 AM

The link to the podcasts don't appear in the threads on mobile. I'd OMGLOVE to listen to them, but ain't no way I'm clicking that "full version" button to do it.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#22 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

Just
End
The
Season

#23 courtnj18

courtnj18

Rookie Free Agent

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 634 posts
  • LocationNJ/NY

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

The link to the podcasts don't appear in the threads on mobile. I'd OMGLOVE to listen to them, but ain't no way I'm clicking that "full version" button to do it.

You're right. You should click for the full link though - what else better do you have to do?? I mean really. Really.

#24 T0mShane

T0mShane

Mark Sanchez is my spirit animal

• Members
  • 29,263 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

You're right. You should click for the full link though - what else better do you have to do?? I mean really. Really.

HAVE SEX WITH PRETTY LADIES MAYBE?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#25 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,810 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

HAVE SEX WITH PRETTY LADIES MAYBE?

Posted Image

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users