What Do The Jets Stand For?

Maxman

What do the Jets stand for? Most nights we don’t know anymore. They were going to be a ground and pound team and now they are searching for an identity. This week Courtney and Phil look into the Jets struggles, talk about the injuries and look ahead to Sunday and the Dennis Byrd ring of honor ceremony.

http://www.jetnation.com/podcasts/2012/JNPC0014.mp3

(I have a damn cold so I sound like *&^%, Next week we will be back to doing this in person which is 1,000 times easier than over the phone).

The Jets stand for $$$$ first. They stand for trying to steal back page headlines. They stand for a head coach that is more about trying to be cute with the media, than trying to game plan. They stand for not admitting mistakes, for the sake of not making themselves look bad. They stand for trying short term fixes which turn into long term boondoggles.

What do the Jets stand for: This:

Remembering when you were just a boy or a girl, looking at your dad's or mom's TV staring at it in amazement as your favorite team, wearing your favorite color (you know that green) and with that cool helmet....wow you said as your dad or mom every now and then would scream and clap and sometimes yell and cry. You wondered why. Then there was that one great day that you went to your first game and sat down looking around you in this huge stadium, while dad or mom bought your first hot dog and you drank your first soda at the game, watching your team, your dad's or moms team. You felt part of the people as they clapped and screamed and jumped for joy, because we scored and then won.

You remember that cold day in autumn or wintertime what it smelled like what it tasted like and how it all made you feel as you held onto your dad's or mom's hand, walking to the car with so many people all around you happy and smiling and yelling J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets!

You remember watching the sun going down as you sat in the back seat starting to fall a sleep and being a little cold because the heat wasn't working yet in the car...

You remember.

Then on that christmas day or on your birthday that present wraped in green paper as you tera it open...wow you remember your first Jets shirt and how proud you were to have it and wear it and how dad or mom smiled at you when you put it on.

Your a Jets Fan.....The Jets are your team and will always be your team. GO JETS!

What do the Jets stand for: This:

Remembering when you were just a boy or a girl, looking at your dad's or mom's TV staring at it in amazement as your favorite team, wearing your favorite color (you know that green) and with that cool helmet....wow you said as your dad or mom every now and then would scream and clap and sometimes yell and cry. You wondered why. Then there was that one great day that you went to your first game and sat down looking around you in this huge stadium, while dad or mom bought your first hot dog and you drank your first soda at the game, watching your team, your dad's or moms team. You felt part of the people as they clapped and screamed and jumped for joy, because we scored and then won.

You remember that cold day in autumn or wintertime what it smelled like what it tasted like and how it all made you feel as you held onto your dad's or mom's hand, walking to the car with so many people all around you happy and smiling and yelling J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets!

You remember watching the sun going down as you sat in the back seat starting to fall a sleep and being a little cold because the heat wasn't working yet in the car...

You remember.

Then on that christmas day or on your birthday that present wraped in green paper as you tera it open...wow you remember your first Jets shirt and how proud you were to have it and wear it and how dad or mom smiled at you when you put it on.

Your a Jets Fan.....The Jets are your team and will always be your team. GO JETS!

Did you steal this from Hallmark?

The link to the podcasts don't appear in the threads on mobile. I'd OMGLOVE to listen to them, but ain't no way I'm clicking that "full version" button to do it.

You're right. You should click for the full link though - what else better do you have to do?? I mean really. Really.

The link to the podcasts don't appear in the threads on mobile. I'd OMGLOVE to listen to them, but ain't no way I'm clicking that "full version" button to do it.

This Podcast wasn't great. Wait until the next one and then I will figure out a way to get it on mobile.

Archived