Sanchez Does NOT Suck

Jet27

I figured I would start this with these words of wisdom when I or you assess Mark Sanchez and/or his ability:

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it, and while the surest way to corrupt a youth (and in this case Sanchez) is to instruct him to hold in a higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently, while in the end and as for me all I know is that I know nothing.

I thought I would provide the above as food for thought for those who want to continuily bash our QB, founded or unfounded.

Let's try and stand by our QB since he is our QB and show our support and root for him to suceed to reach for higher play.

This sunday, lets root for Mark to Win!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely. The overachieved claim is off the mark. That 98 team was top 5 in offense and defense, the best team, statistically, in franchise history.

The 1982 and 1986 Teams were just as good if not better....you can't compete against the sack exchange (thats the main decider for me).

I figured I would start this with these words of wisdom when I or you assess Mark Sanchez and/or his ability:

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it, and while the surest way to corrupt a youth (and in this case Sanchez) is to instruct him to hold in a higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently, while in the end and as for me all I know is that I know nothing.

I thought I would provide the above as food for thought for those who want to continuily bash our QB, founded or unfounded.

Let's try and stand by our QB since he is our QB and show our support and root for him to suceed to reach for higher play.

This sunday, lets root for Mark to Win!

Herumph!

The 1982 and 1986 Teams were just as good if not better....you can't compete against the sack exchange (thats the main decider for me).

No they weren't. The sack exchange may have been a better unit, but the 98 team was better overall.

And so it's come to this. Quoting Nietzsche to justify the notion that Sanchez doesn't suck. Because when all else fails empirically, defer to Wikiquote.

In all fairness, the more creative pro-Sanchez arguments have been trending toward full-blown existentialism for weeks now. "Sanchez isn't great, but let's get some perspective here: franchise quarterbacks don't grow on trees, 31 teams end the season disappointed, and at some point our sun will run out of hydrogen and helium and expand into a red giant that will scorch the earth into a barren, lifeless hunk of cosmic charcoal. Come on, people."

In all fairness, the more creative pro-Sanchez arguments have been trending toward full-blown existentialism for weeks now. "Sanchez isn't great, but let's get some perspective here: franchise quarterbacks don't grow on trees, 31 teams end the season disappointed, and at some point our sun will run out of hydrogen and helium and expand into a red giant that will scorch the earth into a barren, lifeless hunk of cosmic charcoal. Come on, people."

It's funny, I have not seen any real pro-Sanchez arguments here.

What I see is a ridiculous level of irrational hatred, which some people are trying to bring back to a rational level.

Yet in these parts, if you don't think Sanchez is the only thing keeping us from multiple championships, and that an Andy Dalton on this same team would be in beast mode, you are considered a Sanchez supporter.

This forum needs to be renamed SanchezHaterNation.

Exactly. Sanchez isn't great, but look on the bright side, we get to die knowing that the wisps of our existence will be replaced by a planetary nebula. Anything leading to that universal beauty can't be all that bad, can it?

Absolutely. The overachieved claim is off the mark. That 98 team was top 5 in offense and defense, the best team, statistically, in franchise history.

IIRC, the post about the 98 team was from Max tossing a platitude to someone and, for some reason, we all mocked the living sh*t out of him for it. It became a meme.

Archived