Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt39

College QB's you'd be interested in for the Jets

105 posts in this topic

Landry Jones is another guy who might be available after the 1st, though his measurables may push him up.

You can just start your own thread if you want to be an a$$hole.

You can just start your own thread if you want to be an a$$hole.

?

?

I figured you were making fun of my captain obvious comment regarding Glennon in reply to Stonehands

I figured you were making fun of my captain obvious comment regarding Glennon in reply to Stonehands

No, I think you're right and I also think Jones might drop. He's not putting up the video-game numbers that most guys do in that system, he gets pulled in the red zone for Bell, and he has a reputation of folding under pressure. Tough to figure though, because he's also a four-year starter with good size and a big arm, so who knows.

frogman2.jpg

No, I think you're right and I also think Jones might drop. He's not putting up the video-game numbers that most guys do in that system, he gets pulled in the red zone for Bell, and he has a reputation of folding under pressure. Tough to figure though, because he's also a four-year starter with good size and a big arm, so who knows.

You guys are so sarcastic Im on defense. I apologize.

But I'd hope if they draft someone they have the measurables and hope for the best.

You guys are so sarcastic Im on defense. I apologize.

But I'd hope if they draft someone they have the measurables and hope for the best.

He doesn't really pass the eye test for me, but if he drops into the 2nd or later I think he'd definitely be worth a look based on the experience and physical tools.

Edited by dbatesman

Manti Te'o. QB of the defense.

hi-res-6656486_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

If Rex can call the shots...that's probably who he'd pick...

#cocaine #holgorsen #geno #heisman #pedobear #wvu #mountaineer #drugs #draftstock

would not be a bad pick. You could say that if there are no QBs to like, beef up the Oline.

REPORT: Geno Smith Is A Huge Cokehead; Possible Pedophile

MORGANTOWN (AP)-- Noted cocaine-abusing Mountaineers quarterback Geno Smith was seen around campus this week doing cocaine and traveling with freshman girls, some of whom are no way at the legal age of 18 years old. West Virginia officials could not be reached for comment. Cocaine.

Bahahaha

Wouldn't mind it as long as we take a shot at a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and couple this with bringing in a veteran QB, like a Hasselbeck or Carson Palmer-type. Cut McElroy. Hand Sanchez a clipboard until we can financially afford cutting him as well. Keep Tebow on as a 4th QB/punt protector/fullback.

Edited by Jetsfan80

would not be a bad pick. You could say that if there are no QBs to like, beef up the Oline.

Wouldn't mind it as long as we take a shot at a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and couple this with bringing in a veteran QB, like a Hasselbeck or Carson Palmer-type. Cut McElroy. Hand Sanchez a clipboard until we can financially afford cutting him as well. Keep Tebow on as a 4th QB/punt protector/fullback.

Good player yes...just tired of watching Jets struggle to score points...rather go offense...

Forget Suck for Luck. The JETS should employ 'No Wino for Geno' policy.

O Linemen. Lots of Linemen.

Just a Bad crop of QBS this yr, I think Mccarron returns for senior yr

The Kid from Georgia is pretty good, Murray.

I would ask Seattle what it wants for Flynn, I would fire Tanny and Rex b4 that discussion though

Murray is atrocious, folds in just about every big game I've watched him play under pressure. This QB class in general isn't very good, although I do think Smith is the one player who will stand out. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Landry Jones or one of the strong armed guys shoot up boards, but it just doesn't seem to be a draft where many QBs will be taken in the first. Which could be good for us in that we grab a can't-miss in the first round and maybe a project in the second or third to groom for a year.

**As everyone else, I'm against Tanny trading up, unless there's a possibility of grabbing Smith. When you don't have a franchise QB, you do whatever you can to get one. Seeing how the league has gone the last few years, that much is obvious. You give up what you have to in order to get a franchise signal caller, which I don't think we'll see our staff do. I get they're still sitting behind sanchez for now, but the whispers will be interesting come the off season when they don't have to stand behind anyone.

I hate to say this, but the only QB I know of that plays in a pro type system is Matt Barkley. Yes, USC, but at least he's played more than one year.

Most of the other ones play in some type of the spread.

Our O-line might be passable if we had a RB that his holes quickly.

I think the Jets need to forget about drafting another 1st rd QB unless they can get Geno Smith.

The best option who may be available is Colin Kapernick.

I hate to say this, but the only QB I know of that plays in a pro type system is Matt Barkley. Yes, USC, but at least he's played more than one year.

Most of the other ones play in some type of the spread.

Our O-line might be passable if we had a RB that his holes quickly.

Evaluating QBs out of the spread isn't as difficult as it used to be; the most difficult thing would be evaluating WRs out of it. I was watching a big piece they did on this very topic and they said, while it hurts the learning curve, they still are able to tell footwork, arm strength, mechanics, pocket presence etc. It won't be as easy seeing if they go through their progressions as well, but a lot of that is moot in college as you have these superior WRs who have all day to get open that it muddies the water regardless. Certain guys pop off the screen when you watch them and besides Smith, there's not a single QB who really does that this year and even he's not on the level of Luck and RG3. To me, Smith's best comparison is a but more accurate McNabb. He has all the tools, doesn't look to run, but can. I just think we're going to win too many games to have a shot at him/even if we do have a shot at him our FO won't pull the trigger. I'm thinking smith goes #1 overall to the chiefs, as Barkley just isn't that good. He has the two best WRs in the game and plays cupcake defenses the majority of the year. I think we need to just realize we're gonna be mediocre for another year and never bad enough where we can draft that difference maker. We're in goddamned football purgatory.

The current crop of draftable college QBs is extremely mediocre. When Geno Smith is your headliner....Would anyone on JN even know who that is without that 8 TD game?

If Tyler Bray wasn't made of glass I would go with him. Barkley is underrated, but the Jets won't be able to land him and underrated doesn't necessarily mean great.

Edited by SenorGato

The current crop of draftable college QBs is extremely mediocre. When Geno Smith is your headliner....

If Tyler Bray wasn't made of glass I would go with him. Barkley is underrated, but the Jets won't be able to land him and underrated doesn't necessarily mean great.

I would go with Flynn, send them sanchez and tebow

I would go with Flynn, send them sanchez and tebow

Who is after that when he blows up in everyone's face?

These are all names that can go in the pile that Sanchez and Tebow belong in....currently garbage, can be argued to have Po-tent-ial, but really they're probably garbage. I'm not into this grass is greener sh*t this board has always been into, and there really isn't a superior talent out there readily available for the Jets. This is true even if they were picking first overall. Manning, coming off 4 neck surgeries in his late 30's, was as close as it got and he apparently only want Denver anyway so *shrugs*.

Edited by SenorGato

Who is after that when he blows up in everyone's face?

These are all names that can go in the pile that Sanchez and Tebow belong in....currently garbage, can be argued to have Po-tent-ial, but really they're probably garbage. I'm not into this grass is greener sh*t this board has always been into, and there really isn't a superior talent out there readily available for the Jets. This is true even if they were picking first overall. Manning, coming off 4 neck surgeries in his late 30's, was as close as it got and he apparently only want Denver anyway so *shrugs*.

well i can rexey and Tanny. let a real GM make the call, not the POS we have right now for sure