College QB's you'd be interested in for the Jets

Matt39

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REPORT: Geno Smith Is A Huge Cokehead; Possible Pedophile

MORGANTOWN (AP)-- Noted cocaine-abusing Mountaineers quarterback Geno Smith was seen around campus this week doing cocaine and traveling with freshman girls, some of whom are no way at the legal age of 18 years old. West Virginia officials could not be reached for comment. Cocaine.

Bahahaha

If Rex can call the shots...that's probably who he'd pick...

Wouldn't mind it as long as we take a shot at a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and couple this with bringing in a veteran QB, like a Hasselbeck or Carson Palmer-type. Cut McElroy. Hand Sanchez a clipboard until we can financially afford cutting him as well. Keep Tebow on as a 4th QB/punt protector/fullback.

would not be a bad pick. You could say that if there are no QBs to like, beef up the Oline.

Wouldn't mind it as long as we take a shot at a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and couple this with bringing in a veteran QB, like a Hasselbeck or Carson Palmer-type. Cut McElroy. Hand Sanchez a clipboard until we can financially afford cutting him as well. Keep Tebow on as a 4th QB/punt protector/fullback.

Good player yes...just tired of watching Jets struggle to score points...rather go offense...

Just a Bad crop of QBS this yr, I think Mccarron returns for senior yr

The Kid from Georgia is pretty good, Murray.

I would ask Seattle what it wants for Flynn, I would fire Tanny and Rex b4 that discussion though

Murray is atrocious, folds in just about every big game I've watched him play under pressure. This QB class in general isn't very good, although I do think Smith is the one player who will stand out. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Landry Jones or one of the strong armed guys shoot up boards, but it just doesn't seem to be a draft where many QBs will be taken in the first. Which could be good for us in that we grab a can't-miss in the first round and maybe a project in the second or third to groom for a year.

**As everyone else, I'm against Tanny trading up, unless there's a possibility of grabbing Smith. When you don't have a franchise QB, you do whatever you can to get one. Seeing how the league has gone the last few years, that much is obvious. You give up what you have to in order to get a franchise signal caller, which I don't think we'll see our staff do. I get they're still sitting behind sanchez for now, but the whispers will be interesting come the off season when they don't have to stand behind anyone.

I hate to say this, but the only QB I know of that plays in a pro type system is Matt Barkley. Yes, USC, but at least he's played more than one year.

Most of the other ones play in some type of the spread.

Our O-line might be passable if we had a RB that his holes quickly.

Evaluating QBs out of the spread isn't as difficult as it used to be; the most difficult thing would be evaluating WRs out of it. I was watching a big piece they did on this very topic and they said, while it hurts the learning curve, they still are able to tell footwork, arm strength, mechanics, pocket presence etc. It won't be as easy seeing if they go through their progressions as well, but a lot of that is moot in college as you have these superior WRs who have all day to get open that it muddies the water regardless. Certain guys pop off the screen when you watch them and besides Smith, there's not a single QB who really does that this year and even he's not on the level of Luck and RG3. To me, Smith's best comparison is a but more accurate McNabb. He has all the tools, doesn't look to run, but can. I just think we're going to win too many games to have a shot at him/even if we do have a shot at him our FO won't pull the trigger. I'm thinking smith goes #1 overall to the chiefs, as Barkley just isn't that good. He has the two best WRs in the game and plays cupcake defenses the majority of the year. I think we need to just realize we're gonna be mediocre for another year and never bad enough where we can draft that difference maker. We're in goddamned football purgatory.

The current crop of draftable college QBs is extremely mediocre. When Geno Smith is your headliner....Would anyone on JN even know who that is without that 8 TD game?

If Tyler Bray wasn't made of glass I would go with him. Barkley is underrated, but the Jets won't be able to land him and underrated doesn't necessarily mean great.

The current crop of draftable college QBs is extremely mediocre. When Geno Smith is your headliner....

If Tyler Bray wasn't made of glass I would go with him. Barkley is underrated, but the Jets won't be able to land him and underrated doesn't necessarily mean great.

I would go with Flynn, send them sanchez and tebow

I would go with Flynn, send them sanchez and tebow

Who is after that when he blows up in everyone's face?

These are all names that can go in the pile that Sanchez and Tebow belong in....currently garbage, can be argued to have Po-tent-ial, but really they're probably garbage. I'm not into this grass is greener sh*t this board has always been into, and there really isn't a superior talent out there readily available for the Jets. This is true even if they were picking first overall. Manning, coming off 4 neck surgeries in his late 30's, was as close as it got and he apparently only want Denver anyway so *shrugs*.

Who is after that when he blows up in everyone's face?

These are all names that can go in the pile that Sanchez and Tebow belong in....currently garbage, can be argued to have Po-tent-ial, but really they're probably garbage. I'm not into this grass is greener sh*t this board has always been into, and there really isn't a superior talent out there readily available for the Jets. This is true even if they were picking first overall. Manning, coming off 4 neck surgeries in his late 30's, was as close as it got and he apparently only want Denver anyway so *shrugs*.

well i can rexey and Tanny. let a real GM make the call, not the POS we have right now for sure

well i can rexey and Tanny. let a real GM make the call, not the POS we have right now for sure

Real Football Man would probably agree that the QB talent available is, at best, mediocre because it's true. I don't want any of these guys because I don't see any of them being good enough to be any better than the already out there.

That said, Real Football Man is going to be sooooooooooo dreamy. He'll have steely, blue eyes and a burly, hairy chest from years of Playing the Game. *melts*

Real Football Man would probably agree that the QB talent available is, at best, mediocre because it's true. I don't want any of these guys because I don't see any of them being good enough to be any better than the already out there.

That said, Real Football Man is going to be sooooooooooo dreamy. He'll have steely, blue eyes and a burly, hairy chest from years of Playing the Game. *melts*

We both know jets will never get this guy evah

We both know jets will never get this guy evah

Well yeah, but one can dream right? I mean Playing the Game has such a great correlation with running a winning franchise The Right Way historically through all sports, and football is far too complicated a sport for mere mortals and their gay nerd numbers to be left in charge.

Well yeah, but one can dream right? I mean Playing the Game has such a great correlation with running a winning franchise The Right Way historically through all sports, and football is far too complicated a sport for mere mortals and their gay nerd numbers to be left in charge.

What makes a good GM?

I know that you're a considerable way through the looking glass with this particular strawman, but you do understand that practically every decision Tannenbaum has made is the opposite of what a stat geek would do, right?

There are no QB in college , the jets should draft a big time running back , fire the GM , hire smart coach that has heard of the hurry up offence as the team is down by 20 in the second half

This was driving me nuts in the Pats game too. When you are losing in the second half you dont take the play clock down to 1.

That's the thing, there's not a single QB in this draft that looks like he'll amount to much, except maybe Smith in a McNabb sort of way. It doesn't matter who is evaluating these guys, they just aren't that good. I really think our best bet is to go sure thing OG/OLB with our first pick or two and if there's a guy like Jones/Logan/Bray etc. who is intriguing in the 2nd or 3rd, then pull the trigger and let him develop for a year until sanchez is gone and hope he looks as good as Foles, looked for the eagles this preseason. Might as well build a solid team the correct way until we're able to get out of this football purgatory and head in the right direction.

I know that you're a considerable way through the looking glass with this particular strawman, but you do understand that practically every decision Tannenbaum has made is the opposite of what a stat geek would do, right?

I disagree, but sure most stat geeks with the gift of hindsight would not repeat his moves.

The one major outlier is Sanchez, who's games played in college left him a little weaker than scouts were saying. OTOH scouts reeeeallly liked Sanchez's tools and athleticism for the position, and even a Football Man with all His might might have been fooled.

What makes a good GM?

Playing the game

Strong chin and a square jaw

Muscles

Piercing eyes

Well above average height

Preferably white and over 40 though exceptions can be made

Needs a Football Man's ability to spot a starting QB from a mile away, look him straight in the eye, shake his hand in a firm and short manner, and close the deal

Dark horse QB prospect ... Ryan Nassib from Syracuse.

Not as tall as I'd like, 6'2" but 230 pounds and lots of guts... 18TDs, 7 ints, 65% completion rate and has carried that offense on his back all year long.

Probably be able to get him later in the draft.

A player for the Jets to look into.

Playing the game

Strong chin and a square jaw

Muscles

Piercing eyes

Well above average height

Preferably white and over 40 though exceptions can be made

Needs a Football Man's ability to spot a starting QB from a mile away, look him straight in the eye, shake his hand in a firm and short manner, and close the deal

Dont you guys get bored posting like this?

That's the thing, there's not a single QB in this draft that looks like he'll amount to much, except maybe Smith in a McNabb sort of way. It doesn't matter who is evaluating these guys, they just aren't that good. I really think our best bet is to go sure thing OG/OLB with our first pick or two and if there's a guy like Jones/Logan/Bray etc. who is intriguing in the 2nd or 3rd, then pull the trigger and let him develop for a year until sanchez is gone and hope he looks as good as Foles, looked for the eagles this preseason. Might as well build a solid team the correct way until we're able to get out of this football purgatory and head in the right direction.

This is my thinking as well. I want more guys who can add to the pass rush, preferably one who can dominate and raise the level of play of others. That's as vital as the QB for every team, and especially this team for where it is. Unless the rookie QB is of #1 overall quality then he's not doing much for the 2013 Jets, and there is no QB of that caliber just waiting for the Jets.

Dont you guys get bored posting like this?

That may have been my favorite post to write in a long time. My eyes lit up when you floated that softball to me.

OTOH: I do apologize but that is a loaded question I have no exact answer for. I'm not meatbally enough to throw out "a man who fields a convincingly good roster year in and year out" or something, particularly in a sport that has been so dominated by one position for over a decade.

That's the correct way to go from a football standpoint.

But that will not sell PSL's. I betcha Woody is telling Tanny and Rex to fix this and fix this quick. If they felt the backup QB would be a better option he would be in by now. But moving forward no way Sanchez unless he can miraculously play better is the starting QB next season. So unless we land a Drew Brees by some miracle there is no way the JETS are going to next year's draft without scouting all potential QB's and having a plan to acquire the one they like in the first round. My fear is we win a few meaningless games at the end of the season drop down enough in the first round and than waste precious picks to move up the first round. Sound familiar.

Archived