•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

College QB's you'd be interested in for the Jets

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#51 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,535 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

well i can rexey and Tanny. let a real GM make the call, not the POS we have right now for sure

Real Football Man would probably agree that the QB talent available is, at best, mediocre because it's true. I don't want any of these guys because I don't see any of them being good enough to be any better than the already out there.

That said, Real Football Man is going to be sooooooooooo dreamy. He'll have steely, blue eyes and a burly, hairy chest from years of Playing the Game. *melts*

Edited by SenorGato, 29 October 2012 - 02:40 PM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#52 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,668 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

Real Football Man would probably agree that the QB talent available is, at best, mediocre because it's true. I don't want any of these guys because I don't see any of them being good enough to be any better than the already out there.

That said, Real Football Man is going to be sooooooooooo dreamy. He'll have steely, blue eyes and a burly, hairy chest from years of Playing the Game. *melts*

We both know jets will never get this guy evah

#53 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,535 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

We both know jets will never get this guy evah

Well yeah, but one can dream right? I mean Playing the Game has such a great correlation with running a winning franchise The Right Way historically through all sports, and football is far too complicated a sport for mere mortals and their gay nerd numbers to be left in charge.

Edited by SenorGato, 29 October 2012 - 02:52 PM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#54 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,611 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

Well yeah, but one can dream right? I mean Playing the Game has such a great correlation with running a winning franchise The Right Way historically through all sports, and football is far too complicated a sport for mere mortals and their gay nerd numbers to be left in charge.

What makes a good GM?

#55 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

I know that you're a considerable way through the looking glass with this particular strawman, but you do understand that practically every decision Tannenbaum has made is the opposite of what a stat geek would do, right?

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#56 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,111 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Whoa. SenorGato is dropping draft knowledge and I almost missed it?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#57 bassmaster2

bassmaster2

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

There are no QB in college , the jets should draft a big time running back , fire the GM , hire smart coach that has heard of the hurry up offence as the team is down by 20 in the second half

#58 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 22,611 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

There are no QB in college , the jets should draft a big time running back , fire the GM , hire smart coach that has heard of the hurry up offence as the team is down by 20 in the second half

This was driving me nuts in the Pats game too. When you are losing in the second half you dont take the play clock down to 1.

#59 bassmaster2

bassmaster2

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

This was driving me nuts in the Pats game too. When you are losing in the second half you dont take the play clock down to 1.

what kill me the most is Gates dancing after a first down in the 4 , the team is down by 20, what up wwith that

#60 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,656 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

That's the thing, there's not a single QB in this draft that looks like he'll amount to much, except maybe Smith in a McNabb sort of way. It doesn't matter who is evaluating these guys, they just aren't that good. I really think our best bet is to go sure thing OG/OLB with our first pick or two and if there's a guy like Jones/Logan/Bray etc. who is intriguing in the 2nd or 3rd, then pull the trigger and let him develop for a year until sanchez is gone and hope he looks as good as Foles, looked for the eagles this preseason. Might as well build a solid team the correct way until we're able to get out of this football purgatory and head in the right direction.

#61 maljan_ftballfan

maljan_ftballfan

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

what kill me the most is Gates dancing after a first down in the 4 , the team is down by 20, what up wwith that

sounds like he forgot what team he was representing for a second...

#62 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,535 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Phone double post

Edited by SenorGato, 29 October 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#63 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,535 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

I know that you're a considerable way through the looking glass with this particular strawman, but you do understand that practically every decision Tannenbaum has made is the opposite of what a stat geek would do, right?

I disagree, but sure most stat geeks with the gift of hindsight would not repeat his moves.

The one major outlier is Sanchez, who's games played in college left him a little weaker than scouts were saying. OTOH scouts reeeeallly liked Sanchez's tools and athleticism for the position, and even a Football Man with all His might might have been fooled.

Edited by SenorGato, 29 October 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#64 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,535 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

What makes a good GM?

Playing the game
Strong chin and a square jaw
Muscles
Piercing eyes
Well above average height
Preferably white and over 40 though exceptions can be made
Needs a Football Man's ability to spot a starting QB from a mile away, look him straight in the eye, shake his hand in a firm and short manner, and close the deal

Edited by SenorGato, 29 October 2012 - 04:28 PM.

#65 JoeWillie

JoeWillie

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Dark horse QB prospect ... Ryan Nassib from Syracuse.

Not as tall as I'd like, 6'2" but 230 pounds and lots of guts... 18TDs, 7 ints, 65% completion rate and has carried that offense on his back all year long.

Probably be able to get him later in the draft.

A player for the Jets to look into.

Edited by JoeWillie, 29 October 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#66 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,535 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

The kid from Duke, who's name escapes me...Renfroe? Anyway, he's interesting. Tall, good arm, smart, has produced...Needs more experience and weight and less injuries.

#67 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 22,611 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

Playing the game
Muscles
Piercing eyes
Needs a Football Man's ability to spot a starting QB from a mile away, look him straight in the eye, shake his hand in a firm and short manner, and close the deal

Dont you guys get bored posting like this?

#68 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,535 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

That's the thing, there's not a single QB in this draft that looks like he'll amount to much, except maybe Smith in a McNabb sort of way. It doesn't matter who is evaluating these guys, they just aren't that good. I really think our best bet is to go sure thing OG/OLB with our first pick or two and if there's a guy like Jones/Logan/Bray etc. who is intriguing in the 2nd or 3rd, then pull the trigger and let him develop for a year until sanchez is gone and hope he looks as good as Foles, looked for the eagles this preseason. Might as well build a solid team the correct way until we're able to get out of this football purgatory and head in the right direction.

This is my thinking as well. I want more guys who can add to the pass rush, preferably one who can dominate and raise the level of play of others. That's as vital as the QB for every team, and especially this team for where it is. Unless the rookie QB is of #1 overall quality then he's not doing much for the 2013 Jets, and there is no QB of that caliber just waiting for the Jets.

#69 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,535 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

Dont you guys get bored posting like this?

That may have been my favorite post to write in a long time. My eyes lit up when you floated that softball to me.

OTOH: I do apologize but that is a loaded question I have no exact answer for. I'm not meatbally enough to throw out "a man who fields a convincingly good roster year in and year out" or something, particularly in a sport that has been so dominated by one position for over a decade.

Edited by SenorGato, 29 October 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#70 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,551 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

That's the correct way to go from a football standpoint.

But that will not sell PSL's. I betcha Woody is telling Tanny and Rex to fix this and fix this quick. If they felt the backup QB would be a better option he would be in by now. But moving forward no way Sanchez unless he can miraculously play better is the starting QB next season. So unless we land a Drew Brees by some miracle there is no way the JETS are going to next year's draft without scouting all potential QB's and having a plan to acquire the one they like in the first round. My fear is we win a few meaningless games at the end of the season drop down enough in the first round and than waste precious picks to move up the first round. Sound familiar.

#71 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,535 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Yeah Johnson hates winning. Favre, Sanchez, and even Tebow were about the money to be gained by being frustratingly mediocre.

Edited by SenorGato, 29 October 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#72 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,484 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

If they draft a QB, look for a new Sanchez guarentee contract extension, because that's how this front office rolls.

#73 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,656 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

That's the correct way to go from a football standpoint.

But that will not sell PSL's. I betcha Woody is telling Tanny and Rex to fix this and fix this quick. If they felt the backup QB would be a better option he would be in by now. But moving forward no way Sanchez unless he can miraculously play better is the starting QB next season. So unless we land a Drew Brees by some miracle there is no way the JETS are going to next year's draft without scouting all potential QB's and having a plan to acquire the one they like in the first round. My fear is we win a few meaningless games at the end of the season drop down enough in the first round and than waste precious picks to move up the first round. Sound familiar.

It's unfortunate that the right way and the jets way is often not the same thing. I'm of the camp that if you feel someone is a legit franchise signal caller, you do what you can to get him, because winning without one is damned near impossible, as we've shown. If he's not it, then you don't trade the farm for him; you do what a good team does, fix our Oline, get a legit passrush and then try to acquire a quarterback via the later rounds or whatever. We shall see.

#74 NorthCoastJetsFan

NorthCoastJetsFan

Senior Igloo Engineer

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

Playing the game
Muscles
Piercing eyes

Sounds like a perfect description of Matt Millen

#75 NorthCoastJetsFan

NorthCoastJetsFan

Senior Igloo Engineer

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

Dark horse QB prospect ... Ryan Nassib from Syracuse.

Not as tall as I'd like, 6'2" but 230 pounds and lots of guts... 18TDs, 7 ints, 65% completion rate and has carried that offense on his back all year long.

Probably be able to get him later in the draft.

A player for the Jets to look into.

I watch him every week, and if you think Sanchez sucks, Nassib is a lot worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users