Jets suck for Smith?

Jetscode1

I don't like the idea of another 1st round QB pick, especially looking at where we will probably be picking. We need a lot more then just a QB. See what McElroy can do, sign a FA, but spend high picks on sure things. ( which means Tanny must go)

I don't like the idea of another 1st round QB pick, especially looking at where we will probably be picking. We need a lot more then just a QB. See what McElroy can do, sign a FA, but spend high picks on sure things. ( which means Tanny must go)

The only reason people like McElroy is because he offers Jets fans hope in that they know sanchez is terrible, but they don't know yet that McElroy is terrible as well, so he has that glimmer of hope. Being a diehard LSU fan I saw plenty of him over his career and while he has everything above the neck that you want, the kid just doesn't have the arm for it. Unless he goes on the Tom Brady PED regiment, he was drafted right where he belongs.

Unless somehow Smith falls to in our laps, we take the sure thing OLB or OG, maybe a project QB in the second to groom for a year, or another OG/OLB and replace all the JAGs on the roster so that when the next QB comes the following year, we have an actual team around him. **This doesn't mean I think sanchez failed because there's a poor team around him. I think he would have failed regardless, he just happens to have a poor team around him as well.

The best thing for us is that besides the Chiefs, most of the awful teams have selected a QB within the last couple years or already have one that's not leaving ie. Saints, Chargers. Unless the jags are already to give up on Gabbert, besides the chiefs, cardinals and maybe the bills, I don't see a team that would go QB in the first round. Could actually be good for us.

i like the idea of getting a franchise qb is some way. so if it by a 1st rd draft pick or by a trade or free agent signing then it needs to be done. one thing we definitely need is to build a dominant o-line. i like to look back the no too distant chiefs. they had a dominantr o-line and their offense was always great until their o-line dominance went away.

The only reason people like McElroy is because he offers Jets fans hope in that they know sanchez is terrible, but they don't know yet that McElroy is terrible as well, so he has that glimmer of hope. Being a diehard LSU fan I saw plenty of him over his career and while he has everything above the neck that you want, the kid just doesn't have the arm for it. Unless he goes on the Tom Brady PED regiment, he was drafted right where he belongs.

Unless somehow Smith falls to in our laps, we take the sure thing OLB or OG, maybe a project QB in the second to groom for a year, or another OG/OLB and replace all the JAGs on the roster so that when the next QB comes the following year, we have an actual team around him. **This doesn't mean I think sanchez failed because there's a poor team around him. I think he would have failed regardless, he just happens to have a poor team around him as well.

The exact same words were said about Montana and Brady. The guy has worked on arm strength in the off season and it looked good in camp. He threw many deep passes with power on them. Lets allow the guy to play before we dump on him. You never know what we have until we play the guy! I think that if McElroy can win a Championship while playing in the very tough SEC with so many tough defenses, we ought not to discount him but rather lets see what we have in him!

The exact same words were said about Montana and Brady. The guy has worked on arm strength in the off season and it looked good in camp. He threw many deep passes with power on them. Lets allow the guy to play before we dump on him. You never know what we have until we play the guy! I think that if McElroy can win a Championship while playing in the very tough SEC with so many tough defenses, we ought not to discount him but rather lets see what we have in him!

I know there is a possibility, but the kid literally has everything going for him but size and an arm and yet he dropped all the way to the bottom of the draft. I'm all for giving him a legitimate chance in camp should we bring in another QB and let the best player win, that's always how it should be. I just don't think you rely on that happening. If there's a QB we like, then we go for him and let them all battle it out.

Barkley's undersized and has a sh*tty arm, to say nothing of the track record of USC QBs.

Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez. If the Jets take a USC QB in the next draft, they should have their heads examined. Barkley is a fair haired version of Mark anyway

there are no QBs in this years draft imo. Smith reminds me of Vince Young but worse...dont fall for the hype.

He may remind you of Vince Young, but I don't see why. The obvious is their throwing mechanics; Young's motion was effed up beyond belief and his accuracy was piss-poor. Smith has a very tight, compact, over-the-top deliver and gets the ball out quickly while maximizing is ~6'3" frame. He's a ridiculous athlete, but actually has shown ideal pocket presence and looks to the throw the ball first. Yes, he is often throwing to open WRs, but his deep ball and deep out are extremely on accurate. Additionally, the dude is actually pretty intelligent from all that's being reported and his football IQ is up there having already learned and played well in two different offensive systems. A lot of that is why he reminds me more of a Donvan McNabb than anyone, but everyone is entitled to their opinion and he may very well end up being terrible. I just know he's the only QB in this class that I want and at the top of my list of players if I were given the choice.

Archived