• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Jetfan13

Jetfan13

older but better

• Members
  • 6,381 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

Jets coach Rex Ryan in a conference call to reporters said that Mark Sanchez will be the starter moving forward, however, the coaching staff will look into a bigger, or different role for Tim Tebow, Conor Orr of the Newark Star-Ledger reports.

"Offensively the problems aren't one man, if it were one man that's easy to do," Ryan said.

Ryan said that when Sanchez had the time to set his feet, he was "fairly accurate" with the football and also mentioned Stephen Hill's drop in the corner of the end zone. "I think Mark's our guy, there's no doubt about that," Ryan said.

He added: "I think Mark gives us the best chance to win, and that's how I feel. Can Tim be successful? Yeah, absolutely and we need to look at that as well."

"I definitely think that's a fair statement," Ryan said. "I think we'll take a hard look at how we're using him[Tebow], is there other things we can do with him? I think you're absolutely right we'll be doing that."

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.

#2 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 44,655 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

"Offensively the problems aren't one man, if it were one man that's easy to do," Ryan said.

It's not so easy to fix if that one man is the QB. Scheme and surrounding talent will never make Sanchez capable of leading this offense. Period.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#3 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

It's not so easy to fix if that one man is the QB. Scheme and surrounding talent will never make Sanchez capable of leading this offense. Period.

Teams change QB's. it happens. You think the Jets are the only team in the history of the NFL to have an awful qb playing for them?

Exacerbating the problem is inadequate talent being funneled to inadequate coaches who cannot adjust their ways of thinking. Bunch of one trick ponies we have.
Originally Posted by Blackout™
LOL ignorance is bless.

#4 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 44,655 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

Teams change QB's. it happens. You think the Jets are the only team in the history of the NFL to have an awful qb playing for them?

Exacerbating the problem is inadequate talent being funneled to inadequate coaches who cannot adjust their ways of thinking. Bunch of one trick ponies we have.

I'm talking about Rex suggesting that if it were one man, he could fix the problem THIS YEAR, which is incorrect. The QB of the rest of 2012 and 2013 is not on our roster yet.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 29 October 2012 - 12:55 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#5 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

I'm talking about Rex suggesting that if it were one man, he could fix the problem THIS YEAR, which is incorrect. The QB of the rest of 2012 and 2013 is not on our roster yet.

And that is the fault of the talent acquirer.

Not that I want this staff nurturing that position at all.
Originally Posted by Blackout™
LOL ignorance is bless.

#6 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 44,655 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

And that is the fault of the talent acquirer.

Not that I want this staff nurturing that position at all.

Agreed. And I don't want Tannenbaum, Bradway, or anyone in our current scouting department making the decision on who our QB of the future is.

By the end of this season it'll be time to clean house. Keep Rex on board until the new GM decides what to do.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 29 October 2012 - 12:58 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#7 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,297 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

Eagles are probably going to bench Vick and start Foles, wonder if Rex would still rather stick with sanchez given the opportunity.

#8 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Transition Player

• Members
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Midway thru the season we are now going to take hard look at why the run option play that surprised so many teams last year is not working any more. Go figure!

#9 FloridaJetsFan

FloridaJetsFan

Hail Caesar

• Members
  • 2,237 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

We have quite a conundrum!

#10 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

The beats (except for Mehta) seem to be circling Sanchez's corpse right now, going so far to imply that sticking by Sanchez is starting to cost Rex the locker room. He at least has to pay lip service to making changes.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#11 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

Rex Ryan, career suicide.

#12 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

it's almost like trading for tebow was a mistake
"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand."

#13 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

anyone see tebow after the game? He looked like he just got dumped or something looked so sad. He probably really wants to play.

#14 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

anyone see tebow after the game? He looked like he just got dumped or something looked so sad. He probably really wants to play.

He is a professional football player, and he like the rest of the world sees that the guy in front of him on the depth chart is complete trash as a football player. Of course he wants to play over that.

#15 bassmaster2

bassmaster2

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

Tebow is not the anwser , he does not look very good with the jets offence , the jets are not build to run the ball every down , all the running backs are hurt and OL is not very good

#16 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

He is a professional football player, and he like the rest of the world sees that the guy in front of him on the depth chart is complete trash as a football player. Of course he wants to play over that.

lol yea i know but usually he is just so up beat and team first guy. I think your right he is like wtf is this guy in front of me doing

#17 lancemehl

lancemehl

Incoherent Rant Spec./ Former Sanchez Supporter/Tanebum Hater,

• Members
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

I wanna know where we turn after the tenth straight punt tebow leads them to? Then what? Thank you Tannebum for taking a team that was right there and turning it into this. Your big move this offseason was downgraded backup QB and guaranteeinng Sanchez starts. Nice job u moron.
News flash to fans: Mark Brunell would have already been inserted. Hanson would have been inserted. Tebow not starting has nothing to do with Sanchez being good and everything to do with Tebow sucking. This guy took a sh*tty QB, extended his contract, stripped down the offense to practice squad talent and brought in the only QB on the planet who is worse.

Before calling for a new QB you better becalling for his head or it will never change.

And BTW you have to point to Rex or endorsing this crap. He's a defensive guru?? Hehas burnt his last three good draft picks on DL and still can not get near the QB. lol
Look at out drafts:
Ellis, coples, Wilkerson, Sanchez, Wilson, Stephen Hill a few of those were traded up for! lol If it wasnt for Revis we would be batting zero! Never in my life (as a Jet fan no less) have I seen anything like this! Sorry we could "Suck for whoever" it won't mean sh*t if this guy is involved.

LOSE this tub of sh*t. Give Gruden anything he wants (if not look at Billick or Cowher rather not have Reid..but no more first year experiments) , maybe they keep Rex as a Linebackers coach or something. I would say DC but I'd really like to see a sack here and there. Then maybe we have a shot. I know that's a wish, but.....

Sanchez sucking has 99% to do with the team who drafted him. He has regressed in lock step with the rest of the team. Anyone we Suck for will wilt the same exact way. It's too bad we dont even have anyone to prove that fact. We'll have to learn the hard way.

Pathetic top to bottom
It HAS to be a joke.

#18 tebowtime5502

tebowtime5502

Definite Banning Candidate

• Banned
  • 135 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Rex Ryan, career suicide.

This.

#19 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,616 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

I wanna know where we turn after the tenth straight punt tebow leads them to? Then what? Thank you Tannebum for taking a team that was right there and turning it into this. Your big move this offseason was downgraded backup QB and guaranteeinng Sanchez starts. Nice job u moron.
News flash to fans: Mark Brunell would have already been inserted. Hanson would have been inserted. Tebow not starting has nothing to do with Sanchez being good and everything to do with Tebow sucking. This guy took a sh*tty QB, extended his contract, stripped down the offense to practice squad talent and brought in the only QB on the planet who is worse.

Before calling for a new QB you better becalling for his head or it will never change.

And BTW you have to point to Rex or endorsing this crap. He's a defensive guru?? Hehas burnt his last three good draft picks on DL and still can not get near the QB. lol
Look at out drafts:
Ellis, coples, Wilkerson, Sanchez, Wilson, Stephen Hill a few of those were traded up for! lol If it wasnt for Revis we would be batting zero! Never in my life (as a Jet fan no less) have I seen anything like this! Sorry we could "Suck for whoever" it won't mean sh*t if this guy is involved.

LOSE this tub of sh*t. Give Gruden anything he wants (if not look at Billick or Cowher rather not have Reid..but no more first year experiments) , maybe they keep Rex as a Linebackers coach or something. I would say DC but I'd really like to see a sack here and there. Then maybe we have a shot. I know that's a wish, but.....

Sanchez sucking has 99% to do with the team who drafted him. He has regressed in lock step with the rest of the team. Anyone we Suck for will wilt the same exact way. It's too bad we dont even have anyone to prove that fact. We'll have to learn the hard way.

Pathetic top to bottom

i agree with one thing here. i think we should get a guy like gruden in here. and give him control. is parcells still doing reclamation projects?

#20 RSJ

RSJ

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Bottom line: Sticking with Sanchez is going to cost Rex his job.

#21 FloridaJetsFan

FloridaJetsFan

Hail Caesar

• Members
  • 2,237 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Look at out drafts:

Pathetic top to bottom

Well, well - aren't we Mr. Optimism?
The Dead Collector: Bring out yer dead.
[a man puts a body on the cart]
Large Man with Dead Body: Here's one.
The Dead Collector: That'll be ninepence.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not dead.
The Dead Collector: What?
Large Man with Dead Body: Nothing. There's your ninepence.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not dead.
The Dead Collector: 'Ere, he says he's not dead.
Large Man with Dead Body: Yes he is.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not.
The Dead Collector: He isn't.
Large Man with Dead Body: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm getting better.
Large Man with Dead Body: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.
The Dead Collector: Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I don't want to go on the cart.
Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, don't be such a baby.
The Dead Collector: I can't take him.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I feel fine.
Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, do me a favor.
The Dead Collector: I can't.
Large Man with Dead Body: Well, can you hang around for a couple of minutes? He won't be long.
The Dead Collector: I promised I'd be at the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.
Large Man with Dead Body: Well, when's your next round?
The Dead Collector: Thursday.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I think I'll go for a walk.
Large Man with Dead Body: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Isn't there anything you could do?
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I feel happy. I feel happy.
[the Dead Collector glances up and down the street furtively, then silences the Body with his a whack of his club]
Large Man with Dead Body: Ah, thank you very much.
The Dead Collector: Not at all. See you on Thursday.
Large Man with Dead Body: Right.

#22 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 4,265 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Nothing gets past Rex. We are in good hands.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#23 TTTTebowAndTheJets

TTTTebowAndTheJets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

i agree with one thing here. i think we should get a guy like gruden in here. and give him control. is parcells still doing reclamation projects?

Careful now... Gruden Loves him some Tebow. May actually play him and build around him. We wouldn't want that now would we ;)

#24 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 12,348 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

Maybe Rex Ryan should take a hard look at himself .

072713-Texas-Aggies-Johnny-Manziel-LA-PI

Proud Member of the AVM

#25 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 12,348 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

Nothing gets past Rex. We are in good hands.

:)

Want to see a completely lost Head Coach ? Watch what happens when we play Seattle and get steamrolled. I can see Sanchez completeing about 30% of his passes in that game.

072713-Texas-Aggies-Johnny-Manziel-LA-PI

Proud Member of the AVM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users