Seriously, is Rex retarded?

lancemehl

A little angry considering everything but still rational. I want a team that's built on draft picks that succeed. I want a team that shows leadership at every level. I want a team that may go through the tough times but when it does get the shot (i.e. two AFCCGs back to back) figures out how to win one. I want a HC that walks the walk not just talk the talk. Parcells would run circles around Rex so would Cowher and probably Gruden.

Parcells hasn't won since he was with the Giants and had Belichick as a DC. SInce he left the Giants he has had ONE season that can be regarded as better than the 2010 Jets. One and even that is arguable. Cowher has a nice record, but has only done it at one stop and was in about his 15th season in Pittsburgh before he won the big one. As for Gruden, are you serious? He was horrible. He only did what you accuse Rex of doing - winning with somebody else's team. In seven years in Tampa he missed the playoffs four times. He hasn't won a playoff game since 2002. I'm sure you would show him plenty of patience.

Parcells hasn't won since he was with the Giants and had Belichick as a DC. SInce he left the Giants he has had ONE season that can be regarded as better than the 2010 Jets. One and even that is arguable. Cowher has a nice record, but has only done it at one stop and was in about his 15th season in Pittsburgh before he won the big one. As for Gruden, are you serious? He was horrible. He only did what you accuse Rex of doing - winning with somebody else's team. In seven years in Tampa he missed the playoffs four times. He hasn't won a playoff game since 2002. I'm sure you would show him plenty of patience.

You cant even compare Rex to Parcells thats comical. As for Cowher, look at the winning seasons Pitt had...Come on man.

You cant even compare Rex to Parcells thats comical. As for Cowher, look at the winning seasons Pitt had...Come on man.

Parcells is a worthless carpet bagger at this point. He only takes on horrible teams to get that quick turnaround and then runs out. He's useless for a team like the Jets. Look at the seasons the Jets have had... Come on man.

FWIW - the Jets have only had 3 losing seasons in the last 15 years with 7 playoff births. Obviously we havent had Steeler type success overall but just to further compare the 2, Cowher didnt win a playoff game till his 3rd season with the Steelers, and he won 1 game and then got bounced by the Stan Humphries led Chargers, at home. Rex already has 4 playoff wins, with a much worse team.

FWIW - the Jets have only had 3 losing seasons in the last 15 years with 7 playoff births. Obviously we havent had Steeler type success overall but just to further compare the 2, Cowher didnt win a playoff game till his 3rd season with the Steelers, and he won 1 game and then got bounced by the Stan Humphries led Chargers, at home. Rex already has 4 playoff wins, with a much worse team.

Rex is 2 games under .500 this year! How many losing seasons has he had again? Obviously Cowher is a quality coach, but acting like these guys would be satisfied with winning seasons and no super bowl is ridiculous.

Rex is 2 games under .500 this year! How many losing seasons has he had again? Obviously Cowher is a quality coach, but acting like these guys would be satisfied with winning seasons and no super bowl is ridiculous.

Of course not. This is a proud Jets fan base. Its SB's or bust.

Also, wasnt Cowher like 0 for, with AFCC games played at home? Could you imagine that doozy around here? Pretty sure both times they made the SB, they won the conference game on the road.

Great coach, also had 3 losing season with the Steelers and was .500 his last year. He was far from perfect. Besides, retreads just dont have a good history.

Parcells is a worthless carpet bagger at this point. He only takes on horrible teams to get that quick turnaround and then runs out. He's useless for a team like the Jets. Look at the seasons the Jets have had... Come on man.

A carpet bagger? Bwahahahahahahaha...ok that was funny, but I'm done with Rex, you can love him all you want....for me I am waiting for the next HC. And the next QB, and the Next Tanny, on and on and on.....oh and by the way the Giants HC is doing just fine..why?

Yes inspite of the stupidity at HC....

A week off? lol That's gonna get this putrid offense in sync? This team isn't getting embarrassed because it's tired. They have no idea what they're doing out there. He's just joking, right?

I knew eventually we would agree on something. A team coming off a loss filled with mental errors and undisciplined play, who would be 2-6 but for a missed FG in OT, should not get a week off. If you want to take it a little easier in practice so they can use the bye for some healing, that's one thing. But totally taking days off?

Not a big fan of doling out rewards (vacation time in this case) for bad performance. But it shouldn't be that surprising he's doing this with the team, since he's been doing it with Sanchez since he was drafted.

That bastard!

They were only going to work Monday and Tuesday anyway, but because of the approaching Hurricane Sandy, he changed his mind.

I care about our players a great deal,” Ryan said, via Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com. “They need that time to be with their families and make sure everybody is out of harm’s way. As much as I’d like to bring them in, that’s not going to happen. I care about our players too much to see them go through that, so they will not be in.”

Players are required to get four-day breaks over the bye by the CBA. But Ryan is traditionally generous, giving his guys six days off each of the past three seasons.

The downfall of Rex...and this FO is not knowing when to pull the plug or who to pull it on...imo. EVERY Jets fan knew Wayne Hunter sucked by season's end LAST year. The Jets had an easy out with a cap savings of over $3M by cutting him prior to the deadline and what did they do? They told their fan base Wayne Hunter was the starting RT and that they had all the confidence in the world in him.

They had the option to cut Eric Smith for $3M, instead they keep him and let Jim Leonhard go to Denver for less. Meanwhile, as they desperately needed a cover safety how is Dwight Lowery doing? Instead they have both starters on one year contracts, with one probably retiring and one who will be looking for a big money contract the Jets most likely won't have space for. Other head scratching, obvious examples:

-Shonn Greene isn't an every down starting RB.

-You can't rely on a second round rookie, a no name FA, mid round pick and a clubhouse cancer as your receiving core when your QB sucks. Anyone see Cotchery make a nice catch tonight?

-oh, and the QB sucks

-Vlad Ducasse was a bust

-your TE's can't block for this "ground and pound"

-you still don't have an edge rusher

-The LB's are all slow, I'm glad you Challenged them In the offseason Rex, but you have to make tough decisions...and once again it seems the leash was/is too long for your high priced players like Scott and Pace. I'd like to think they've noticed Harris' big dip this year but who knows with these guys. Seems they'd rather cater to their high priced players and hope they'll improve by wishful thinking.

-IT TOOK YOU A SEASON AND A HALF TO REALIZE JOHN CONNOR SUCKED???

Add in never replacing the leadership of Woody, Faneca, Leonhard, Cotchery and the Captain debacle of Holmes last year I thinks there's an obvious disconnect understanding the two most important components of building a championship franchise, talent and leadership.

Then there's Kerry Rhodes, Braylon Edwards still having pretty good careers at positions of need for the Jets etc...

Tim Tebow can only do so much.

Archived