•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Are we that deep on HB that we can let Grimes go?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 CM28

CM28

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationStockholm Sweden

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Just saw that Jets let him and Muir go... Mutha..ing tanny.

#2 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Just saw that Jets let him and Muir go... Mutha..ing tanny.

That means JETS feel Powell and McKnight will be ready to go after the bye week. Same for Kenrick Ellis, Pouha.

I still wanted them to find a way to keep Jonathan Grimes. Looked like he could be a productive player.

Edited by JetsFanInDenver, 30 October 2012 - 06:51 PM.

#3 CM28

CM28

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

That means JETS feel Powell and McKnight will be ready to go after the bye week. Same for Kenrick Ellis, Pouha.

I still wanted them to find a way to keep Jonathan Grimes. Looked like he could be a productive player.

Yeah my bad, thought Powell would be out longer than that. But as you say, with all the nice talking about Grimes it would have been fun to have him for a while longer and see what he can do. Last game he hade what, one or two plays? I saw one in which he ran for 4-5 yards but maybe that ain´t good enough for the ground n´ pound.

#4 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,403 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Out of curiosity, how's this work for Grimes the player? He had a job on a practice squad in Houston. Is he still paid a full years worth of contract through the Jets now? He must get some kind of insurance, no?

#5 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,063 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

Does it even matter?
Posted Image

#6 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

Maybe Grimes sucks.

#7 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,018 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

Grimes hasn't looked very good to me. His use was limited, but I won't miss him much and I'm pretty sure he will still be available if we want to sign him back up.

FWIW, I think they get 3 weeks NFL pay guaranteed. As for his "job" on the practice squad with the Texans, that wasn't guaranteed at all and was at a lower rate.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#8 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,319 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

Maybe Grimes sucks.

yeah from what we saw on the field, he's hesitant and not good.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#9 FloridaJetsFan

FloridaJetsFan

Hail Caesar

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

They gotta make room for Revis when we make that Super Bowl push!

#10 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Rex/Idzik gtfo

• Members
  • 13,534 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

Grimes hasn't looked very good to me. His use was limited, but I won't miss him much and I'm pretty sure he will still be available if we want to sign him back up.

FWIW, I think they get 3 weeks NFL pay guaranteed. As for his "job" on the practice squad with the Texans, that wasn't guaranteed at all and was at a lower rate.

Obviously he is probably a long shot but come on the guy had 2 rushing plays how do you evaluate that ? From what we saw on the field ?? Really ?

Edited by Smashmouth, 31 October 2012 - 10:59 AM.

Proud Member of the AVM

#11 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,018 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

Obviously he is probably a long shot but come on the guy had 2 rushing plays how do you evaluate that ? From what we saw on the field ?? Really ?

He was on the field a lot more than 2 plays. I don't really evaluate it, but he certainly didn't jump out at me. Did you see something that makes cutting him a shock?

#12 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Rex/Idzik gtfo

• Members
  • 13,534 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

He was on the field a lot more than 2 plays. I don't really evaluate it, but he certainly didn't jump out at me. Did you see something that makes cutting him a shock?

Dom he had 2 carries and thats all. But from what I saw they ran him between the tackles in typical Jets stupidity and if Im not mistaken the kid had some speed. Im not at all shocked they cut him maybe something they saw in practice but my point is how can we as fans evaluate based on two rushing plays.

Proud Member of the AVM

#13 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,018 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

Dom he had 2 carries and thats all. But from what I saw they ran him between the tackles in typical Jets stupidity and if Im not mistaken the kid had some speed. Im not at all shocked they cut him maybe something they saw in practice but my point is how can we as fans evaluate based on two rushing plays.

I am not "evaluating" the guy. I didn't like what I saw. How can guys evaluate a guy that they have seen with 2 carries and complain about cutting him? I watched him move around, run routes out of the backfield and pick up the blitz. Didn't like much about how he moved. It doesn't mean anything. I didn't like plenty of guys that are great - like Eric Dickerson and Emmit Smith. FWIW, McKnight runs fine between the tackles and his game is all speed.

#14 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

He had 2 carries. First carry for 1 yard and second carry for 5 yards and you already reached your conclusions ?

#15 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Rex/Idzik gtfo

• Members
  • 13,534 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

I am not "evaluating" the guy. I didn't like what I saw. How can guys evaluate a guy that they have seen with 2 carries and complain about cutting him? I watched him move around, run routes out of the backfield and pick up the blitz. Didn't like much about how he moved. It doesn't mean anything. I didn't like plenty of guys that are great - like Eric Dickerson and Emmit Smith. FWIW, McKnight runs fine between the tackles and his game is all speed.

You know how much I hate McKnight but I have to be honest he has improved by a large margin. Hes running much harder and hes holding on to the football . I think he could actully go in there and produce. I was particularly impressed at how he was running up the middle. To bad he got hurt and has been battling injury for most of the year same with Powell. At least they have some shiftyness in them unlike Mr Straight Line SG

Proud Member of the AVM

#16 CM28

CM28

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

You know how much I hate McKnight but I have to be honest he has improved by a large margin. Hes running much harder and hes holding on to the football . I think he could actully go in there and produce. I was particularly impressed at how he was running up the middle. To bad he got hurt and has been battling injury for most of the year same with Powell. At least they have some shiftyness in them unlike Mr Straight Line SG

Yes. McKnight did extremely well when he got the ball, I hope he gets more reps when he´s ok again. I have been up and down on SG, and even if he isn´t a starter he sure has made some progress the latest weeks. I haven´t seen him do any move at all other than lowering his shoulders before a full frontal in a few years, but now he actually does small things like changing direction and sh*t!

#17 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,319 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

He had 2 carries. First carry for 1 yard and second carry for 5 yards and you already reached your conclusions ?

yes. Yes i did.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#18 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

yes. Yes i did.

You are teh genius!

#19 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

A guy who was not drafted by anyone in the league after a 4 year career in college and extensive post career evaluation is given a three week run by our staff in practice, meetings, etc.. and is then released because they feel he will not suit their immediate needs on the active roster, just like every other team has done and we feel that this gem of a player deserves more of a chance. Why not take the tact that only two teams in the entire league have seen anything indicating he can play and maybe they have been wrong and he sucks?

#20 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Grimes was claimed by Houston so at least one GM agrees with the premise of this thread.

#21 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,671 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

Maybe Grimes sucks.

Then also typical Tannenbaum!

Get a Football Man in here so I can get lost in his eyes and man chest at least....I MEEEEAN so they can figure out the secret to RBs and LBs!

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#22 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,671 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

But from what I saw they ran him between the tackles in typical Jets stupidity

Yeah those crazy stupid retarded Jets and their between the tackles running plays! Nobody does that! Especially if the guy has a little speed! DAMN YOOOOOOU REEEETTTTAAAAAARRRRRDSSSSS! Damn you to retard hell!

Edited by SenorGato, 01 November 2012 - 05:25 AM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#23 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,018 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

Grimes was claimed by Houston so at least one GM agrees with the premise of this thread.

Who will they cut? We NEED that guy!

#24 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 35,262 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Maybe Grimes sucks.

Probably not. Watch him end up latching on with another team, and by season's end showing signs of dominant skills. Victor Cruz.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#25 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 35,262 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Back to where we got him from... pretty much a pointless move by Tannenfail.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users