Why Note Trade Cro?

KINGDIRK

I love these threads. Somebody proposes a trade and then we hear - "You can't trade him!" and/or "You live in fantasy land! We can never get that much for him!" The fact is, everybody has a price. Based on contract and ability and character/injury issues you determine the value and take it if it's more. If somebody offered a 2nd for Cromartie I'd certainly consider it. I sure wouldn't trade him for a 4th.

I actually agree with you, which is my whole point. If the Jets think there's a good chance Revis will walk after next season, they're going to have at least consider the possibility of trading him. After all, they'd be much better served getting something in return than letting him walk for something If that's potentially the case, I don't see how you could consider trading Cromartie.

Because a year from now, when that scenario unfolds Cro will be 29 years old headed into the final year of his contract. As great as he's played let another team give a 30 year old Cro a big contract.

You could certainly be right, my only worry would be that Revis is the kind of guy who clearly has a lot of confidence in himself, so I could see him not being interested in taking a reduced amount when he sees himself being only one year away from getting to hit the UFA jackpot, which as we all know, carries an even bigger dollar amount along with it. So if that is the case, and the Jets are too worried about his health to lock him up for the kind of money he wants, there could be too big of a gap to close and I honestly think once next season starts, the only shot Revis will give the Jets at keeping him is by being his highest bidder on the UFA market. I'd love to be wrong about that, and you could certainly be on the mark with what you're saying, but that potential scenario is the only reason I could see a trade of Revis being a possible consideration.

If the Jets are not contenders next year, know Revis won't resign at their terms, they have to trade him. You cannot let a guy like Revis get to UFA - and end up getting nothing for him.

Unless that number two pick is going to get us a franchise quarterback, undo Darrelle Revis' knee injury and Santonio Holmes' foot injury...

If we had a good quarterback and those two injuries don't happen, we wouldn't BE miles from contending. Who the hell in this conference is that good? We almost had the Texans and we should have beaten the Pats. Without our best player on defense and our best player on offense.

Not miles, just the length of the quarterbacks arm.

Your right about us having a good QB. Maybe I feel like we are miles from having a good QB, lol. I don't want to reach for a QB this draft. Dont just take a QB for the sake of it. But if they felt strongly about some (i.e. Geno Smith), make a move.

As far as Cro - perhaps an extra 2nd rounder could help us move up in the draft in order to land a franchise QB??

Unless that number two pick is going to get us a franchise quarterback, undo Darrelle Revis' knee injury and Santonio Holmes' foot injury...

If we had a good quarterback and those two injuries don't happen, we wouldn't BE miles from contending. Who the hell in this conference is that good? We almost had the Texans and we should have beaten the Pats. Without our best player on defense and our best player on offense.

Not miles, just the length of the quarterbacks arm.

We used a #2 to get Sanchez. A #2 pick doesn't have to be used as a stand-alone pick to get one. It can be used in combination with something else.

Archived