•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Go get him Jets....Sean Payton a free agent.

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,357 posts
  • LocationClarksville, TN by way of New England

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

It is worth a shot. You have nothing to lose.

http://espn.go.com/n...nfl-sources-say
Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

#2 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,671 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Jets Joker gas will make him just another retard.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#3 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,976 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

No brainer if he'd consider coming here

#4 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Rex/Idzik gtfo

• Members
  • 13,530 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Pay him 10 billion now. **** the Cowboys and the Aints

Bet he could turn this offense around with some smart moves and a proven system that works unlike whats been here the past 7 years

Edited by Smashmouth, 04 November 2012 - 09:45 AM.

Proud Member of the AVM

#5 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

I was excited for about 5 seconds when I saw this story but then I remembered that incompetent fool Woody Johnson owns the team and that Sean Payton would never work for him.
Tank for Teddy.

#6 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Rex/Idzik gtfo

• Members
  • 13,530 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

I was excited for about 5 seconds when I saw this story but then I remembered that incompetent fool Woody Johnson owns the team and that Sean Payton would never work for him.

unfortunately your probably right

Proud Member of the AVM

#7 T0mShane

T0mShane

Mark Sanchez is my spirit animal

• Members
  • 29,256 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

If he goes anywhere, it'd be Dallas.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#8 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,357 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

I know that is where his family lives, but if a city might be able to pull him and his family away, it might be NY.
Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

#9 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 12,026 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

IMO the only way he leaves the Saints, is if they dont want him back. If they offer him a contract he stays.

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#10 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 22,976 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

I know that is where his family lives, but if a city might be able to pull him and his family away, it might be NY.

if Coughlin were to retire he'd be the Giants guy Id imagine.

#11 Jets Voice of Reason

Jets Voice of Reason

Are you listening?

• Members
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

The guy will have his choice of jobs more or less. Why would he go to a roster devoid of offensive talent and with no qb.

That said, watch the jets fire rex, go for payton, and then end up hiring josh mcdaniels or something.

Remember that time a few months ago when I said I had blue balls, and you, well, you gave a brother a hand?

That would be it for me..

#12 CTM

CTM

At least I'm not a snide little prick

• Members
  • 28,457 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Pay him 10 billion now. **** the Cowboys and the Aints

Bet he could turn this offense around with some smart moves and a proven system that works unlike whats been here the past 7 years

Yeah, just like the middling offense he ran in middle of decade with Bledsoe at QB, he's proven time and time again he can produce irregardless of QB
Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

So ****ing this dude. Unreal.

#13 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 22,976 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Barring a remarkable turnaround this season, I'd imagine Rex and Tanny both being canned after the season. You give someone like Payton a blank check given the opportunity.

Organization needs a total overhaul, and its about time we bring in a proven guy that knows how to put together a passing game. Something we havent had since 1998.

#14 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

this is nothing more than procedure. He is going back with the saints

#15 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,771 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

to work for JJ and have Romo as QB LOL

#16 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,357 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

this is nothing more than procedure. He is going back with the saints

I know the Jets are not in much better cap space, but the Saints are projected to be 16 million over the cap.

Granted, to the Saints' benefit, they have one of the best QBs in place for the foreseeable future. However, he is 33yo, and between his contract increasing and Saints hideous D, it will be difficult to improve one without sacrificing Brees' weapons.

Why not try and get Payton to change the Jets culture. Maybe, he can get something out of Sanchez.
Eagle Honors

#17 CM28

CM28

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationStockholm Sweden

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

The guy will have his choice of jobs more or less. Why would he go to a roster devoid of offensive talent and with no qb.

That said, watch the jets fire rex, go for payton, and then end up hiring josh mcdaniels or something.

Like first step, second as well and yes no3 would still be an upgrade. He at least knows how to scout for players.

#18 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

I know the Jets are not in much better cap space, but the Saints are projected to be 16 million over the cap.

Granted, to the Saints' benefit, they have one of the best QBs in place for the foreseeable future. However, he is 33yo, and between his contract increasing and Saints hideous D, it will be difficult to improve one without sacrificing Brees' weapons.

Why not try and get Payton to change the Jets culture. Maybe, he can get something out of Sanchez.

well yea itd be good to have payton but the NFL voided his contract not him. He signed the deal and obviouslly wanted to stay there i dont see that changing now

#19 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

Sasquatch Hunter

• Members
  • 34,517 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Like unbanmad Mike said: you have to look at who the owner of the Jets is and that answers any question as to whether or not we'd ever GET a legitimate HC for this team-no one wants to work for Richie Rich

#20 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 29,256 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

Parcells is his mentor. I'd imagine he'd have some good information that'd keep Payton away from here.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#21 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

Head Coaching is like the #41 of the list of things to address. But how good will Sean Payton be without Drew Brees ?

I am not sure he will go to Dallas even though the article mentions it. You cannot win a Super Bowl with Romo. And anyone who knows Jerry Jones knows that he is the most meddling owner in the NFL and I am sure Sean Payton has experienced that during his Dallas days. So unless its nostalgia he is not going there.

The place i see that's most likely he will end up at is Chicago if they do not do anything this season. A decent QB, pretty good talent on offense and a killer defense!

#22 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 29,256 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Like unbanmad Mike said: you have to look at who the owner of the Jets is and that answers any question as to whether or not we'd ever GET a legitimate HC for this team-no one wants to work for Richie Rich

He'll always be shopping from the C list. Not only is he a meddling douche, but he's also cheap with the staff.

#23 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 22,976 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

He'll always be shopping from the C list. Not only is he a meddling douche, but he's also cheap with the staff.

What are your feelings right now on Rex?

#24 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Bill Walsh couldn't get this team in the playoffs. Ryan isn't the biggest problem right now, the team just sucks. Alabama might be able to beat them.

#25 Blackout

Blackout

go JETS

• Members
  • 33,523 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

No brainer if he'd consider coming here

The best radio host and Jets fan of all time: http://www.registerstar.com/multimedia/bruce_jacobs/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users