Go get him Jets....Sean Payton a free agent.

PFSIKH

Pay him 10 billion now. **** the Cowboys and the Aints

Bet he could turn this offense around with some smart moves and a proven system that works unlike whats been here the past 7 years

Yeah, just like the middling offense he ran in middle of decade with Bledsoe at QB, he's proven time and time again he can produce irregardless of QB

Barring a remarkable turnaround this season, I'd imagine Rex and Tanny both being canned after the season. You give someone like Payton a blank check given the opportunity.

Organization needs a total overhaul, and its about time we bring in a proven guy that knows how to put together a passing game. Something we havent had since 1998.

this is nothing more than procedure. He is going back with the saints

I know the Jets are not in much better cap space, but the Saints are projected to be 16 million over the cap.

Granted, to the Saints' benefit, they have one of the best QBs in place for the foreseeable future. However, he is 33yo, and between his contract increasing and Saints hideous D, it will be difficult to improve one without sacrificing Brees' weapons.

Why not try and get Payton to change the Jets culture. Maybe, he can get something out of Sanchez.

The guy will have his choice of jobs more or less. Why would he go to a roster devoid of offensive talent and with no qb.

That said, watch the jets fire rex, go for payton, and then end up hiring josh mcdaniels or something.

Like first step, second as well and yes no3 would still be an upgrade. He at least knows how to scout for players.

I know the Jets are not in much better cap space, but the Saints are projected to be 16 million over the cap.

Granted, to the Saints' benefit, they have one of the best QBs in place for the foreseeable future. However, he is 33yo, and between his contract increasing and Saints hideous D, it will be difficult to improve one without sacrificing Brees' weapons.

Why not try and get Payton to change the Jets culture. Maybe, he can get something out of Sanchez.

well yea itd be good to have payton but the NFL voided his contract not him. He signed the deal and obviouslly wanted to stay there i dont see that changing now

Head Coaching is like the #41 of the list of things to address. But how good will Sean Payton be without Drew Brees ?

I am not sure he will go to Dallas even though the article mentions it. You cannot win a Super Bowl with Romo. And anyone who knows Jerry Jones knows that he is the most meddling owner in the NFL and I am sure Sean Payton has experienced that during his Dallas days. So unless its nostalgia he is not going there.

The place i see that's most likely he will end up at is Chicago if they do not do anything this season. A decent QB, pretty good talent on offense and a killer defense!

Like unbanmad Mike said: you have to look at who the owner of the Jets is and that answers any question as to whether or not we'd ever GET a legitimate HC for this team-no one wants to work for Richie Rich

He'll always be shopping from the C list. Not only is he a meddling douche, but he's also cheap with the staff.

What are your feelings right now on Rex?

I think Rex is smart enough to keep himself insulated. He saw what Kyle Boller did to Brian Billick's career. He'll bench Sanchez at some point, play Tebow, and placate Woody enough to get another season.

I think Tannenbaum will get knocked laterally, and a personnel guy will be brought in to run the draft and free agency. That guy will pull in a veteran QB to "compete" with Sanchez in the offseason, and they'll go into 2013 with Rex trying to get to the playoffs with a Matt Moore/John Skelton-type guy at QB.

I think Tannenbaum will get knocked laterally, and a personnel guy will be brought in to run the draft and free agency. That guy will pull in a veteran QB to "compete" with Sanchez in the offseason, and they'll go into 2013 with Rex trying to get to the playoffs with a Matt Moore/John Skelton-type guy at QB.

And what do they do with Tebow? Woody says he'll be here for the duration of his contract. The QB position in 2013 will look the same as 2012. Contracts and the owner will dictate that.

And what do they do with Tebow? Woody says he'll be here for the duration of his contract. The QB position in 2013 will look the same as 2012. Contracts and the owner will dictate that.

Tickets, my man. That's how Woody thinks. Right now, Sanchez is keeping fans away from the stadium. Throw in hurricane-displaced LI and Jersey Jets fans staying home to rebuild their lives, and you're talking about a MetLife ghost town. Next year's depth chart will be 1. Retread To Be Named 2. Tebow 3. Sanchez.

Tickets, my man. That's how Woody thinks. Right now, Sanchez is keeping fans away from the stadium. Throw in hurricane-displaced LI and Jersey Jets fans staying home to rebuild their lives, and you're talking about a MetLife ghost town. Next year's depth chart will be 1. Retread To Be Named 2. Tebow 3. Sanchez.

So Woody is so concerned with money that he's going to let Sanchez' millions be inactive? Good one.

Yeah, just like the middling offense he ran in middle of decade with Bledsoe at QB, he's proven time and time again he can produce irregardless of QB

He adjusted his gameplans, redesigned his root trees, made both more and less aggressive (aka better) playcalls, and boom you get Drew Brees.

So Woody is so concerned with money that he's going to let Sanchez' millions be inactive? Good one.

What costs more: sitting Sanchez and his remaining $14 mil, or hosting the next twelve games in front of half-empty home stadiums? I'm gonna venture a guess that Woody will make his Sanchez loss back in revenues from Tebow's first two home starts.

Parcells is his mentor. I'd imagine he'd have some good information that'd keep Payton away from here.

Doesn't matter really. Considering the crux of the problem in this instance is that Payton didn't ever want to run the risk of working for someone stupid, I can't imagine him wanting to work for Tannenbaum.

Archived