Rex Ryan: "Jets Not Even Close"

Ken Schroy

Ryan: Jets 'not even close,' but excited about turning season around

By BRIAN COSTELLO

Posted: 10:47 AM, November 5, 2012

Rex Ryan and the Jets returned to work Monday committed to fixing the problems that ailed them in the first half of the season.

Ryan and his coaching staff spent the bye weeks studying what went wrong in the first half of the season that left them with a 3-5 record.

"I know we're not where we want to be," Ryan said. "We're not even close. We're not sniffing the playoffs. We're not sniffing anything, but I want to get there, man. I'm excited about the prospects in front of us."

Ryan would not get into specifics of what changes the Jets will make, but said they will do some different things this week when they face the Seahawks.

Will one of them be an expanded role for quarterback Tim Tebow?

"We'll see," Ryan said.

There is a long list of problems for the Jets, but Ryan said he feels like the team has been improving in rushing and rushing defense, two areas that they struggled in early.

"Understand that we will do what it takes to put our team in the best situation to try to win games," Ryan said. "Our focus strictly is on improving as a football team and getting ready to go compete and do what we can to win against Seattle."

Ryan emphasized cutting down on turnovers.

"Some of the things are really disappointing," Ryan said. "We're turning the ball over. We're fumbling the ball away. The red zone turnovers have really been costly because you're taking points off your board and, in some cases, putting them on the other team's."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/ryan_jets_committed_half_fixing_QsONe0p6leyGKvexHIzPeO#ixzz2BNQM4FJN

Truth is, this is the heaviest amount of adversity this regime has seen to date. People forget that before Sanchez imploded down the stretch last season, the Jets were 8-5 and staring down the playoffs for the 3rd straight season. They were 4-6 back in 2009 but that team was playing better than their record behind a horrible rookie QB.

With the injuries and the sh*tty start, I'm somewhat interested in how the Jets respond in the 2nd half of the season but that excitement quickly disappears when I remember that we have to watch Mark Sanchez take the field on Sunday, in Seattle, vs. that defense. Yipeeee!!!!

Truth is, this is the heaviest amount of adversity this regime has seen to date. People forget that before Sanchez imploded down the stretch last season, the Jets were 8-5 and staring down the playoffs for the 3rd straight season. They were 4-6 back in 2009 but that team was playing better than their record behind a horrible rookie QB.

With the injuries and the sh*tty start, I'm somewhat interested in how the Jets respond in the 2nd half of the season but that excitement quickly disappears when I remember that we have to watch Mark Sanchez take the field on Sunday, in Seattle, vs. that defense. Yipeeee!!!!

As bad, is Rex Ryan and staff making adjustments. It will be a long second half of season.

wait the worst part isnt that our "franchize" QB is turning up to be a nobody? Dont forget everyone Sanchez Sucks

Sanchez does NOT suck, he is what he is......and now he is a scapegoat for what ills the Jets, first it was Shotty.....its a joke dude.

That team is going to rape our WR;s and our QB and just about everything we do on offense. I expect a complete and total blowout and Sanchez maybe completeing 30 % of his passes.

Sanchez does NOT suck, he is what he is......and now he is a scapegoat for what ills the Jets, first it was Shotty.....its a joke dude.

wait its a joke what you wrote or how the orginization is run? pleassssseeeee tell me ur not the like 2 sanchez lovers still out there

That team is going to rape our WR;s and our QB and just about everything we do on offense. I expect a complete and total blowout and Sanchez maybe completeing 30 % of his passes.

maybe cro can get a pick 6 for us lol!?!?!

9 sacks?

We couldn't have expected the team to practice in NY/NY with the hurricane and all, but something tells me that even if there hadn't been a storm, Rex wouldn't have had the team put in any work to fix what's wrong. Sad.

wait its a joke what you wrote or how the orginization is run? pleassssseeeee tell me ur not the like 2 sanchez lovers still out there

maybe cro can get a pick 6 for us lol!?!?!

Not a Sanchez lover but it is crystal clear that our team has regressed....Rex is not the answer....

Archived