Scott, McKnight, Ellis sit out Practice; JETS Sign 2

Ken Schroy

Scott, McKnight, Ellis sit out Jets practice

By BRIAN COSTELLO

Posted: 11:28 AM, November 5, 2012

Jets coach Rex Ryan hoped his team would get healthy during the bye week. It has, but it's still not 100 percent.

LB Bart Scott (toe), RB Joe McKnight (ankle) and NT Kenrick Ellis (toe) will not practice Monday. The Jets do have some players practicing on a limited basis who have been out: S Eric Smith (knee), TE Jeff Cumberland (wrist) and RB Bilal Powell (shoulder).

The Jets signed two players to the practice squad Monday: RB John Griffin and LB D.J. Bryant.

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...M#ixzz2BNR02zit

Who else thought Scott McKnight was back.

FWIW, Griffin was with the team this offseason and early in camp. I think he was hurt and didn't do much so they dumped him for some other UDFA kid. Bryant is the UDFA LB from James Madison that was with the Texans that the Jets had in for a tryout at the end of camp. Was a DE will be an OLB.

He sucked worse? ??

Probably not. They probably wanted to sign Grimes to the practice squad, but the Texans picked him up off of waivers. Tate is injured, so they need the body and he is familiar with their offense from camp. The Jets probably waived him because Powell is back practicing. Powell and McKnight being limited means they needed a practice squad body to fill in during the week. I think they are fairly comfortable with Hilliard ahead of Grimes on the RB depth chart.

On what basis did you base that opinion on ? Is it because Houston claimed him as soon as he was available ?

Because he was undrafted, because he was unclaimed after the preseason, because he was cut by the only team that gave him a sniff (Houston), because the Jets cut him, because Houston is the only team that seems to have any interest in him. If he was good, there would have been multiple claims for the guy any of the 5 or so times he has hit the waiver wire or he would have been drafted as one of the 250+ picks in the NFL draft. Let me know when he turns into Eric Dickerson, will ya?

Because he was undrafted, because he was unclaimed after the preseason, because he was cut by the only team that gave him a sniff (Houston), because the Jets cut him, because Houston is the only team that seems to have any interest in him. If he was good, there would have been multiple claims for the guy any of the 5 or so times he has hit the waiver wire or he would have been drafted as one of the 250+ picks in the NFL draft. Let me know when he turns into Eric Dickerson, will ya?

Oh i get it. Yeah those latter round picks in the draft and undrafted guys are always worthless. You would make a good GM for the JETS and I hear the job is going to be open soon!

Oh i get it. Yeah those latter round picks in the draft and undrafted guys are always worthless. You would make a good GM for the JETS and I hear the job is going to be open soon!

He is a fringe player. He was on the Texans practice squad until the Jets needed him based on injury. When Powell started healing the cut him, probably to stash on the practice squad and the Texans picked him up because Tate is dinged. These end of roster spots get rotated all the time based on injury so that you have enough players available to practice for the week. I don't think the guy is worthless. A fringe NFL player is an absolute monster, but that doesn't mean the Jets made a mistake cutting him.

He is a fringe player. He was on the Texans practice squad until the Jets needed him based on injury. When Powell started healing the cut him, probably to stash on the practice squad and the Texans picked him up because Tate is dinged. These end of roster spots get rotated all the time based on injury so that you have enough players available to practice for the week. I don't think the guy is worthless. A fringe NFL player is an absolute monster, but that doesn't mean the Jets made a mistake cutting him.

But that does not mean he sucks as was portrayed in the argument above.

Depends who you are comparing him to. Remember, these are people that want to cut Greene and McKnight.

What you would expect from a #1 RB or a guy you spent a 4th round pick on is different than a depth player you got for free. And this guy had 2 carries one of which was for 5 yards. Behind our O-Line thats an accomplishment. I just felt he deserved little more opportunity before being discarded.Maybe we would have found a playmaker And our offense needs playmakers. Its not like we are lighting up the scoreboard so far this season!

But that does not mean he sucks as was portrayed in the argument above.

I am guessing you were a big Chauncey Washington fan, too? Except Chauncey was actually drafted and multiple teams have had interest in him, however his career yards from scrimmage remains at 9. Let's not get too carried away by these end of the roster guys. For every one that becomes Danny Woodhead there are thousands that become your next insurance broker.

I am guessing you were a big Chauncey Washington fan, too? Except Chauncey was actually drafted and multiple teams have had interest in him, however his career yards from scrimmage remains at 9. Let's not get too carried away by these end of the roster guys. For every one that becomes Danny Woodhead there are thousands that become your next insurance broker.

Wonder which team released Danny. Ahhh.....the irony!

Still does not mean Grimmes sucks ? How can you say that.

Most teams successes are based on having late draft or undrafted picks turning into impact players.Please refer to Colston, Arian Foster et al, And we are a team that at one point did not even have any 6th or 7th round players drafter even on the Practice Squad,

well thats a loaded question lol. Anything can be coached man

We do not have a lot of depth in this team in many areas. And in the Ground and Pound department which is what we advertise ourselves as we have lot of injuries and questionable depth and that too specially for next week's game. This sounds like the JETS wanted to save some salary during bye week and they let a player with a good chance of making an impact get away!

What you would expect from a #1 RB or a guy you spent a 4th round pick on is different than a depth player you got for free. And this guy had 2 carries one of which was for 5 yards. Behind our O-Line thats an accomplishment. I just felt he deserved little more opportunity before being discarded.Maybe we would have found a playmaker And our offense needs playmakers. Its not like we are lighting up the scoreboard so far this season!

That's the problem with this ****ing place. Everybody cares more about "what they expect" rather than what they get. The guy averaged 3.0 ypc and you want to act like he accomplished something while Greene is "useless" and the vast majority of the board wants him benched for the great unknown. To put it in perspective, Tebow is averaging almost a half yard more per carry this year. I wouldn't go so far as to say he sucks, but he is a fringe player. Other fringe players include Marcus Dowtin, Clyde Gates, Jason HIll, DJ Bryant and John Griffin. Of course, to most those guys suck too.

We do not have a lot of depth in this team in many areas. And in the Ground and Pound department which is what we advertise ourselves as we have lot of injuries and questionable depth and that too specially for next week's game. This sounds like the JETS wanted to save some salary during bye week and they let a player with a good chance of making an impact get away!

lol who knows if he was gonna make an impact. If every undrafted free agent we pick up turned out to be a hall of famer wed be a dynasty. We have enough rbs i think we could use a guy for the O line or something

That's the problem with this ****ing place. Everybody cares more about "what they expect" rather than what they get. The guy averaged 3.0 ypc and you want to act like he accomplished something while Greene is "useless" and the vast majority of the board wants him benched for the great unknown. To put it in perspective, Tebow is averaging almost a half yard more per carry this year. I wouldn't go so far as to say he sucks, but he is a fringe player. Other fringe players include Marcus Dowtin, Clyde Gates, Jason HIll, DJ Bryant and John Griffin. Of course, to most those guys suck too.

That's the problem with this ****ing place. Nobody is able to answer the original question and then goes on a pointless ****ing rant!

P.S: Clyde Gates led the team in receiving last game. Not too shabby from a fringe player!

lol who knows if he was gonna make an impact. If every undrafted free agent we pick up turned out to be a hall of famer wed be a dynasty. We have enough rbs i think we could use a guy for the O line or something

My original question was what makes people think he sucks ? The only decent answer i got is maybe because he was not able to pick up the blitz which can be coached by a motivated coaching staff. Specially if it gives you some game changing depth at a position which you advertise is important for your offense and a position that current players are suffering from or coming out of injury.

The rest is just people going off tanget! :)

That's the problem with this ****ing place. Nobody is able to answer the original question and then goes on a pointless ****ing rant!

P.S: Clyde Gates led the team in receiving last game. Not too shabby from a fringe player!

I don't think you know who you are fighting with. I have an almost 128 like appreciation for these fringe players. The problem is that you simply can't hold onto every one of them. If you keep Danny Woodhead you have to let somebody else go. Mike Devito and Brandon Moore were both this kind of player. OTOH, if you keep trying to hold onto those guys (think of Matt Kroul) you lose the chance to pick up guys like Maybin that can be very helpful. I like Clyde Gates, but you can't expect to keep Clyde Gates AND Grimes AND Woodhead AND etc, etc. FWIW, I think that the guy that we brought in is a 330lb G, Hayworth Hicks.

I don't think you know who you are fighting with. I have an almost 128 like appreciation for these fringe players. The problem is that you simply can't hold onto every one of them. If you keep Danny Woodhead you have to let somebody else go. Mike Devito and Brandon Moore were both this kind of player. OTOH, if you keep trying to hold onto those guys (think of Matt Kroul) you lose the chance to pick up guys like Maybin that can be very helpful. I like Clyde Gates, but you can't expect to keep Clyde Gates AND Grimes AND Woodhead AND etc, etc. FWIW, I think that the guy that we brought in is a 330lb G, Hayworth Hicks.

I rarely put stock in highlight reels, but that tape was very impressive.

I rarely put stock in highlight reels, but that tape was very impressive.

I don't know much about him except that he was in the Colts camp and they had some vets and draft picks that were going to be tough to cut. I think he's been sitting on their practice squad until the Jets signed him today. Huge G prospect 6'2" 329.

All those things still things does mean Grimmes sucks. Which was my original question.

I cannot see the youtube clipping because I am at work so do not know what its about.

All those things still things does mean Grimmes sucks. Which was my original question.

I cannot see the youtube clipping because I am at work so do not know what its about.

My answer is compared to Greene he sucks. As a football player he is a fringe guy. The YouTube clip is just footage of the G they signed. It doesn't prove anything. Just to give a look.

I agree with you so much that the ground just shook.

Hayworth Hicks actually does look very interesting. Alpha male on the OL from that highlight package, as brother bitoni might say. Perhaps he can rise from arsith to warrior.

I agree with you so much that the ground just shook.

Hayworth Hicks actually does look very interesting. Alpha male on the OL from that highlight package, as brother bitoni might say. Perhaps he can rise from arsith to warrior.

That alpha male comment is funny cause the T got drafted and was considered a better prospect, but Hicks was their player of the year.

Archived