Rex - most overrated coach....? ? ?

kelly

Players: Jets' Ryan most overrated coach

Jets coach Rex Ryan and his team may be behind in the AFC playoff race, but Ryan has no equal in one area, according to a midseason poll done by the Sporting News, which rated Ryan the most overrated coach in the NFL.The publication polled 103 players from 27 teams, with players not permitted to name their own coaches. Ryan was named on 35 ballots as the league’s most overrated coach. Bill Belichick of the Patriots was second with 16 votes, and Eagles coach Andy Reid was third with nine votes.

“His coaching style is over the top,” an unnamed AFC player said of Ryan. “Some of the things he does in front of the cameras are way over the top. You put that with the New York media and he has a pretty big reputation, I guess. I don’t even know if you’d call him overrated anymore because it’s going to be a couple of years since he was in the AFC finals. He’s pretty funny, and he’s a pretty good coach. But not that good.

> http://www.nypost.co...tm_content=Jets

but but but everyone wants to play for Rex

LOL

Same ol' ****ing Jets.

Weak. He was voted most overrated for the same reason Tebow and Sanchez were.. Jealousy from the constant media attention. If you're in Atlanta and can't get anyone to talk about you it has to tick you off that any time Rex sneezes it's on ESPN.

This poll means less than nothing.

Weak. He was voted most overrated for the same reason Tebow and Sanchez were.. Jealousy from the constant media attention. If you're in Atlanta and can't get anyone to talk about you it has to tick you off that any time Rex sneezes it's on ESPN.

BB was second in the poles...

Thanks, Captain Obvious. What would we do without you?

PAC if you cant see the obvious reasons Rex is a bad HC I dont know what to tell ya. The list of dumb comments with Rex is long and thats not the worst of his short comings.

Most HC's come into an organization and begin to mold the team the way they want it to move forward. What has Rex done, in the sense of molding this organization, after he took it to 2 AFCCG's with the team Mangini built ?

Rex is supposed to be a defensive Genius, yet his defense, molded with his hand picked players, now sucks.

He lost the locker room last year and stated in his own words he didnt even know there was a problem.

He dumped good character players like Cotch in favor of a Criminal and a loud mouth 38 year old WR . While ignoring a receiver like Edwards who seemed to really be building a good relationship with Sanchez

He has single handedly destroyed this team when a few smart moves could have brought us a SB or at least another run in year 3. They chose to ignore the offensive line last year when it was painfully obvious that big issues existed at LG RT and Depth. He claims we have a ground and pound football team yet we have nothing to speak of at RB and losing Woody, T-Rich, and Good blocking TE's were replced by Hunter, Mulligan and Connor all of which no longer play for the team.... wonder why ?

The handling of the offense and Sanchez from when he was a rookie was borderline moronic. Anyone who thought we could win 3 road playoff games and a SB with no offense in an offensive minded league was paying about a much attention to detail as Rex himself. When he finally got rid of Shotty he replaced him in record time with Tony Sparano ??? A man who had about 1 year as an offensive coordinator where he had to actully split those duties with another coach. It was the reason why we also persued Haley who very smartly bowed out of coming to this ****ing circus.

Thanks to Rex Tanny and Woody the Jets have regressed back to mid 90's form and are on the fast track to laughing stock of the NFL along with the Browns and Jaguars. Nice Job Rex.

Rex is a one trick pony. the only way that he can win is to have the dominating defense and a dominant run attack. That is the only talent he has the ability to coach.

Could you imagine Rex being at the helm of an aerial assault offense? The two could not co-exist.

The Hallmark of a quality coach is that he can adapt to the personnel that he has and will them to win. The great coach can be a chameleon and change approach. Rex seemingly has no ability to do that.

As Ol' Bum Phillips one said about Bear Bryant-He can take hisn's and beat yourn's, and he can take yourn's and beat hisn's. Something along those lines. Rex seems baffled in how to adjust to talent.

Oh really?

Then what was that dramatic rubbish OMGSAMEOLJETSLOL post of yours about. You prissy bitch you.

The football definition of overrated is basically that the media loves a guy, and that guy sucks. Rex.

The only thing the Jets seem to be any good at is finding their way into the media too often... and sucking.

Same old Jets.

Same old Pac, too. Explaining the obvious to everyone as though he was the only one that gets it. Dopey ass.

Rex is a one trick pony. the only way that he can win is to have the dominating defense and a dominant run attack. That is the only talent he has the ability to coach.

Could you imagine Rex being at the helm of an aerial assault offense? The two could not co-exist.

The Hallmark of a quality coach is that he can adapt to the personnel that he has and will them to win. The great coach can be a chameleon and change approach. Rex seemingly has no ability to do that.

As Ol' Bum Phillips one said about Bear Bryant-He can take hisn's and beat yourn's, and he can take yourn's and beat hisn's. Something along those lines. Rex seems baffled in how to adjust to talent.

In 2 AFC title games Ryan's teams each played only 30 minutes of competent football.

As to a passing attack-he really has no idea, and barely cares. Based on the total sh*ttiness of the Jets' running offense, he like his dad only cares about one side of the ball. It's like the rules changes that favor passing don't register with him at all.

PAC if you cant see the obvious reasons Rex is a bad HC I dont know what to tell ya. The list of dumb comments with Rex is long and thats not the worst of his short comings.

Most HC's come into an organization and begin to mold the team the way they want it to move forward. What has Rex done, in the sense of molding this organization, after he took it to 2 AFCCG's with the team Mangini built ?

Rex is supposed to be a defensive Genius, yet his defense, molded with his hand picked players, now sucks.

He lost the locker room last year and stated in his own words he didnt even know there was a problem.

He dumped good character players like Cotch in favor of a Criminal and a loud mouth 38 year old WR . While ignoring a receiver like Edwards who seemed to really be building a good relationship with Sanchez

He has single handedly destroyed this team when a few smart moves could have brought us a SB or at least another run in year 3. They chose to ignore the offensive line last year when it was painfully obvious that big issues existed at LG RT and Depth. He claims we have a ground and pound football team yet we have nothing to speak of at RB and losing Woody, T-Rich, and Good blocking TE's were replced by Hunter, Mulligan and Connor all of which no longer play for the team.... wonder why ?

The handling of the offense and Sanchez from when he was a rookie was borderline moronic. Anyone who thought we could win 3 road playoff games and a SB with no offense in an offensive minded league was paying about a much attention to detail as Rex himself. When he finally got rid of Shotty he replaced him in record time with Tony Sparano ??? A man who had about 1 year as an offensive coordinator where he had to actully split those duties with another coach. It was the reason why we also persued Haley who very smartly bowed out of coming to this ****ing circus.

Thanks to Rex Tanny and Woody the Jets have regressed back to mid 90's form and are on the fast track to laughing stock of the NFL along with the Browns and Jaguars. Nice Job Rex.

Sounds like your anger is misdirected. Tanny is the one ultimately responsible for the moves you're talking about. I agree some have been highly questionable but there are also good moves that no longer get mentioned.

As for your contention that Rex is a clown, I think you're falling victim to the medias protrayal or him instead of his actual press conferences. I've watched 99% of them since the summer and nothing that crazy is being said. Promise.

Sounds like your anger is misdirected. Tanny is the one ultimately responsible for the moves you're talking about. I agree some have been highly questionable but there are also good moves that no longer get mentioned.

As for your contention that Rex is a clown, I think you're falling victim to the medias protrayal or him instead of his actual press conferences. I've watched 99% of them since the summer and nothing that crazy is being said. Promise.

Press conferences have been toned down.

Unfortunately, so have the teachings on the field. Time for a new staff.

you're a moron. :)

Results on the field in comparison to other teams in the league.

Some might say that other than 2 hiccups Rex has done quite well with a depleted roster. If the Jets finish 6-10 you might have a point. Until that happens it's just a lot of hooey.

Some might say that other than 2 hiccups Rex has done quite well with a depleted roster. If the Jets finish 6-10 you might have a point. Until that happens it's just a lot of hooey.

very few injuries last year and went 8-8 and BTW every team gets nailed with injuries packers won a SB with like 16 on IR .

PAC lets be honest here do you think Tanny is making calls on who is needed ?

The reason I do not care much for Rex has absolutely nothing to do with the media at all. I have the same opinion of the media as most, they are idiots. I listen to Rex's comments and form my own opinion. I also base my opinion on performance. The first 2 years he did well but its a head coaches job to handle personnel as well and this is why this team has started to play so bad. Rex's problems probably stem more from personnel decisions than anything but hes the one making them.

Watching Rex's press conferences is exactly why I think hes an Idiot. How you can listen to this guy and not cringe is beyond me. He does not sound like a leader of men he sounds like a ring leader. His comments sound like things a misinformed fan would say or hope for not the head coach of a declining football team. At times it sounds like listening to a child whos finally realized things just are not going his way.

Archived