Rex - most overrated coach....? ? ?

kelly

Why the hate toward Ryan, Belichick ?

nwe.gifnyj.gifRex Ryan and Bill Belichick are the NFL's two most overrated coaches ?

C'mon, man !

The Sporting News surveyed 103 NFL players and Ryan of the New York Jets and Belichick of the New England Patriots finished No. 1 and No. 2, respectively. Ryan received 35 votes and Belichick received 16.I agreed with a recent player poll that Jets backup quarterback Tim Tebow was overrated. But there is no merit behind Ryan and Belichick being overrated. This is the silliest player poll I’ve seen to date.Belichick has three Super Bowl rings with New England and five Super Bowl appearances as head coach. He has a perfect, 16-0 regular season after Spygate. Belichick has Hall of Fame credentials and it’s silly for any NFL players to think otherwise.

Ryan is in his fourth season and has two appearances in the AFC Championship Game. He’s never had a losing season and has handled the New York media circus well. I’ve criticized Ryan for several things -- such as his undying loyalty to quarterback Mark Sanchez -- but his X's and O's are solid.This poll reeks of a popularity contest -- and Ryan and Belichick are unpopular for different reasons. Belichick is not the most personable coach in the world. But not being likable doesn’t make him overrated.Yes, Ryan gets plenty of media attention, and perhaps players don’t like coaches stealing the spotlight. But saying zany things in the media doesn’t make Ryan a bad coach.

Stop the AFC East hate.

> http://espn.go.com/b...-ryan-belichick

PAC if you cant see the obvious reasons Rex is a bad HC I dont know what to tell ya. The list of dumb comments with Rex is long and thats not the worst of his short comings.

Most HC's come into an organization and begin to mold the team the way they want it to move forward. What has Rex done, in the sense of molding this organization, after he took it to 2 AFCCG's with the team Mangini built ?

Rex is supposed to be a defensive Genius, yet his defense, molded with his hand picked players, now sucks.

He lost the locker room last year and stated in his own words he didnt even know there was a problem.

He dumped good character players like Cotch in favor of a Criminal and a loud mouth 38 year old WR . While ignoring a receiver like Edwards who seemed to really be building a good relationship with Sanchez

He has single handedly destroyed this team when a few smart moves could have brought us a SB or at least another run in year 3. They chose to ignore the offensive line last year when it was painfully obvious that big issues existed at LG RT and Depth. He claims we have a ground and pound football team yet we have nothing to speak of at RB and losing Woody, T-Rich, and Good blocking TE's were replced by Hunter, Mulligan and Connor all of which no longer play for the team.... wonder why ?

The handling of the offense and Sanchez from when he was a rookie was borderline moronic. Anyone who thought we could win 3 road playoff games and a SB with no offense in an offensive minded league was paying about a much attention to detail as Rex himself. When he finally got rid of Shotty he replaced him in record time with Tony Sparano ??? A man who had about 1 year as an offensive coordinator where he had to actully split those duties with another coach. It was the reason why we also persued Haley who very smartly bowed out of coming to this ****ing circus.

Thanks to Rex Tanny and Woody the Jets have regressed back to mid 90's form and are on the fast track to laughing stock of the NFL along with the Browns and Jaguars. Nice Job Rex.

He was doomed the day he drafted Sanchez.

New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan always has a sense of humor. He even joked Wednesday about being named the most overrated coach in the NFL in a player poll by the Sporting News."Hey, I finally beat Bill Belichick at something,” Ryan said of his rival Patriots coach, who finished second in the poll. “I finally got him.”As we explained in the AFC East blog on Tuesday, Ryan and Belichick being named the league’s two most overrated coaches is laughable.

This poll is filled with personal feelings and bias. Ryan is generally viewed as a loudmouth and Belichick is not very likable outside of Foxborough, Mass. Neither has anything to do with either coach’s X's and O's, which are very good.

> http://espn.go.com/b...overrated-claim

Archived