The Dolphins, Giants, Pats, Vikings have contributed to Sandy relief...but not the Jets?

T0mShane

To the best of my knowledge, as of Wednesday evening, only two members of the Jets organization have formally assisted with relief efforts

DEFINITIVE PROOF!! DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN you Jets!

To the best of my knowledge the Jets actually sent interns out to siphon gas from vehicles in impoverished neighborhoods to fuel Woody Johnson's 18 generators, allowing his mini-city mansion to remain fully operational. The Jets were also pissed the Marathon was cancelled as they were supplying all the water and electricity that the runners would be dumping on their heads that day, many within the organization hoping the runners would wait until reaching Staten Island before they started working the water supplies of the marathon. This is all to the best of my knowledge. Also to the best of my knowledge, the Jets will be celebrating Thanksgiving together as an organization. That sounds nice until you find out that they are replacing the turkey with half of the remaining populations of the 100 most endangered species as well as any eggs or newborns.

i know for a fact that woody donates immense amounts of money to charity (aunt is a nonprofit fundraiser). Maybe he didnt donate a lot to the hurricane relief but throughout the year he donates a sh*tload and no one ever hears about it

Yeah, he does a lot of that.

And we did just find out that he (well, the Jets) donated 500K for the Hurricane too, which is not bad at all.

Woody Johnson is known for charitable work. I'm sure that he will donate plenty.

Can't see blaming Irsay for "only" donating $65,000. He agreed to match whatever the fans donate. I'm sure that if they do not donate what he considers a sufficient sum that he will kick it up.

I don't like the whole guilt into charity thing. Whatever anybody donates is a blessing. I agree the teams that make their money from the community should donate something, but I don't think we have to set a price. It's nice that you call it a "welcomed gesture", but calling $65,000 a joke does make it seem like an insult. There are plenty of rich people in New York that don't own professional teams and nobody is calling them out.

I agree that whatever a team / person donates is a true gift and blessing. There really shouldn't be a set price on how much one should be donate. While it would drive immediate growth in the money raised by donations, in the long term, people who were donating more than the set price previously would start donating less. Keeping it an open decision is the best way to go, in my opinion.

Archived