Is this game against Seattle a "Must win"?

BlackDynamite

It's very easy to say yes, at 3-5, but I say no.

I had this as a loss before the season started, and the Jets can lose two games in the 2nd half, and STILL make the playoffs at 9-7

Unless you think the Colts are going to play all those road games in the second half, and come out 5-3, the 6th seed will get in at 9-7

The way I see it, the jets can lose to the Seahawks and The Past, again, but will have to win all the rest of the games. And all those games are winnable. The Jets are at least as good as the rest of those teams.

The really important game in the 2nd half is the San Diego game, because that is one of the teams they are fighting for the 6th seed. And I have NEVER seen San Diego come to the Northeast after Thanksgiving and play well enough to win. EVER!

BD

It's very easy to say yes, at 3-5, but I say no.

I had this as a loss before the season started, and the Jets can lose two games in the 2nd half, and STILL make the playoffs at 9-7

Unless you think the Colts are going to play all those road games in the second half, and come out 5-3, the 6th seed will get in at 9-7

The way I see it, the jets can lose to the Seahawks and The Past, again, but will have to win all the rest of the games. And all those games are winnable. The Jets are at least as good as the rest of those teams.

The really important game in the 2nd half is the San Diego game, because that is one of the teams they are fighting for the 6th seed. And I have NEVER seen San Diego come to the Northeast after Thanksgiving and play well enough to win. EVER!

BD

If you are hoping the Jets can sneak into the playoffs at 9-7 and then have a miracle run like the Giants had last year, then sure. If you are a realist, then every game from here on out is a must win.

this is a really tough game to win 1) the Rex Ryan Jets are bad off of byes 2) Seattle's home field advantage is amazing (loud) 3) pete Carroll knows Mark Sanchez really well and his weaknesses. not to mention 4) the Jets offense is still dysfunctional. Must win? Maybe. I'm struggling to see how that happens.

this is a really tough game to win 1) the Rex Ryan Jets are bad off of byes 2) Seattle's home field advantage is amazing (loud) 3) pete Carroll knows Mark Sanchez really well and his weaknesses. not to mention 4) the Jets offense is still dysfunctional. Must win? Maybe. I'm struggling to see how that happens.

We always had this thought that they struggled off the bye, but I think that's overstated at this point. They choked it up against the Jags in '09. In 2010 they were shut out by the Pack 9-0, but at the time we still weren't sure our O was so sh*tty and the Pack did end up winning the super bowl. In 2011 they made a big stink about making sure to come back strong after the bye and beat the Bills up pretty good in Buffalo. That doesn't seem like such a tough feat, but the Bills were 5-2 and had only lost to the Giants and Bengals on the road at that point (had to look that up). OTOH, it was the first of a 7 game losing streak for them - 2 against the Jets.

IMO the good sign is how strong the O came out against the BIlls. We can hope that Sparano is good with the game plans and maybe we'll have something good for the Seahawks. Hope is all we have.

If you are hoping the Jets can sneak into the playoffs at 9-7 and then have a miracle run like the Giants had last year, then sure. If you are a realist, then every game from here on out is a must win.

I didn't say they were going to do it. But that's the only chance they've got.

I'm not expecting a win this week.....

BD

that is because there is plenty of time to think after byes. and Rex does not have the necessary tools to occupy so much time.

Archived