• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

Future Internet Broadcasting Hall of Fame Inductee

• Members
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

They are like a dog chasing every one of their ten tails. Extension Sanchez, trade for Tebow, eschew Wilson, don't utilize the guy you passed on Wilson for. Terry Bradway muttering "Wilson" to himself in the hallways. Sanchez is our guy, he's terrible but he's our guy. **** you all.

http://www.rotoworld.../russell-wilson

Jets senior personnel executive Terry Bradway adamantly wanted to draft Russell Wilson in April, to the point that Wilson became known as "Russell Bradway" around Jets headquarters in the early spring.
The news comes via Jets defensive coordinator Mike Pettine, so it's not rumor. It's a fact. "We knew about him and liked him," Pettine said. "He's proving he's a complete quarterback. I think the league has been taken aback by how poised this rookie quarterback class is, and he’s no different. He does not look out of place out there." It's fair to wonder whether the Jets would have drafted Wilson had they not traded for Tim Tebow.

#2 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

El. Oh. El.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#3 Matt39

Matt39

BAP

• Members
  • 20,977 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Oh.

#4 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

I think I died and went to hell. This is what hell must feel like.

#5 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

Who cares? Even if we drafted him, we'd be buried in the depth chart... or Tanny would be playing musical chairs with him too... practice squad, release, practice squad, active roster, release, practice squad.

#6 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,717 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

change is wanted but it's Terry Bradway making another great call.

by the way Sanchez has 100+ more yards than Russell wilson, with 1 less game (Wilson has played 9). Wilson has a better rating and a couple more TD but let's not pretend he's John Elway. they are both below average NFL QBs.

Edited by bitonti, 09 November 2012 - 11:48 AM.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#7 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

• Members
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

by the way Sanchez has 100+ more yards than Russell wilson, with 1 less game (Wilson has played 9). Wilson has a better rating and a couple more TD but let's not pretend he's John Elway. they are both below average NFL QBs.

So he's 9 games into his NFL career. Number 11 in passer rating. Sanchez is 30. But other than that, they are both below average, you're right. Or is this another famous example of the "eyeball test" I hear so much about?

Oh, and I know this doesn't really matter, but he's played in those nine games, the numbers 2, 3, 5, 8, 9, and 12 passing defenses in football. The three gimmes on his schedule so far are the numbers 17, 20 and the Pats.

Edited by Gastineau Lives, 09 November 2012 - 12:15 PM.

#8 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

This is retarded. Wilson is an above-average NFL QB. Sanchez is an absolutely terrible NFL QB.

#9 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Also: seriously?

#10 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,956 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

Also: seriously?

It's Terry Bradway we're talking about. While I agree with your "seriously," the fact that it's Bradway should make you a little less upset about this bullsh*t article. Also, when did we start believing the draft ratings the Jets say they had on guys after the draft? I never believed them and even less so lately.

I always feel like I'm listening to "Ken Phelps bat!"

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#11 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

It's Terry Bradway we're talking about. While I agree with your "seriously," the fact that it's Bradway should make you a little less upset about this bullsh*t article. Also, when did we start believing the draft ratings the Jets say they had on guys after the draft? I never believed them and even less so lately.

I always feel like I'm listening to "Ken Phelps bat!"

Indeed. Entirely possible Bradway wrote a nice report about Wilson and is now touting Wilson as all that to make himeelf look like a genius.Job preservation is job 1. But after Dwayne Robertson and too many others I couldn't give 2 sh!ts what Bradway thinks and hope he leaves Florham Park permanently and soon, never to return. Clearly a big part of the problem with this team for the entire Johnson regime is nobody really has the final say, nobody is totally in charge and ultimately nobody is responsible, especially on draft day.

Edited by Bugg, 09 November 2012 - 12:28 PM.

Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#12 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,717 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

This is retarded. Wilson is an above-average NFL QB. Sanchez is an absolutely terrible NFL QB.

The difference between Above average and absolutely terrible is 10 points in QB rating? You know who else has a good rating Jake Locker. Im not saying Sanchez is awesome but let's not pretend Russell Wilson is the second coming. he's a starter (and just by doing that he outperformed his draft slot). but he's still 5-10 and his team runs first.

#13 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,717 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

But after Dwayne Robertson and too many others I couldn't give 2 sh!ts what Bradway thinks

DRob started 85+ games, had 16 sacks. He wasn't Warren Sapp but he wasn't Vernon Gholston either.

#14 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

The difference between Above average and absolutely terrible is 10 points in QB rating? You know who else has a good rating Jake Locker. Im not saying Sanchez is awesome but let's not pretend Russell Wilson is the second coming. he's a starter (and just by doing that he outperformed his draft slot). but he's still 5-10 and his team runs first.

Cool strawman bro. No one said he's the second coming. You said he was below-average, which he is not, and compared him to Sanchez, which is absurd.

#15 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

• Members
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

he's still 5-10

Yup.

#16 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

The difference between Above average and absolutely terrible is 10 points in QB rating?

Considering that those 10 points separate the 11th-rated and 30th-rated quarterbacks in the league, yes.

Another difference would be that one is 13th in DVOA and 14th in DYAR and the other is 28th in both.

But yeah, something something Jake Locker derp.

#17 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Transition Player

• Members
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

I do not want to add to the misery but Wilson had a come back from behind victory against New England!

#18 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,400 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

This is pathetic. You're comparing a 4 year veteran to a rookie right now...
Posted Image

#19 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,717 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

This is pathetic. You're comparing a 4 year veteran to a rookie right now...

we could go back to when Sanchez was a rookie and the Jets were in the AFC CG and talk about how the kid was the Sanchize.

my point is that neither of these guys are good QB's. They are okay and bad. Andrew Luck that's what a franchise Qb looks like. Russell Wilson ... he's ok.

#20 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,717 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

You said he was below-average, which he is not

it depends on the measurement. in yards he is. in height he is.

#21 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

• Members
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

in height he is.

Yup.

#22 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

The last time I checked, Sanchez was 33rd in completion percentage, I.E., dead last amongst *qualified* QB's.

THIRTY THIRD.

THERE ARE THIRTY TWO TEAMS.

It's his fourth %&*&&* year. Every single rookie QB and even a guy who was a backup is ahead of him in this category. There is no excuse.

Edited by stoicsentry, 09 November 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#23 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

The last time I checked, Sanchez was 33rd in completion percentage, I.E., dead last amongst *qualified* QB's.

THIRTY THIRD.

THERE ARE THIRTY TWO TEAMS.

It's his fourth %&*&&* year. Every single rookie QB and even a guy who was a backup is ahead of him in this category. There is no excuse.

Yeah, but Wilson is short. And neither of them are as good as Andrew Luck, ergo you can't compare them. Terry Bradway = secret genius. Jake Locker.

#24 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Oh and BTW he's on pace for a 20 TD/16 INT season. In his fourth year. Christ.

#25 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,782 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

DEAR GOD NOT BRADWAY NOSTALGIA
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users