More evidence this organization needs hope and change

Gastineau Lives

They are like a dog chasing every one of their ten tails. Extension Sanchez, trade for Tebow, eschew Wilson, don't utilize the guy you passed on Wilson for. Terry Bradway muttering "Wilson" to himself in the hallways. Sanchez is our guy, he's terrible but he's our guy. **** you all.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7460/russell-wilson

Jets senior personnel executive Terry Bradway adamantly wanted to draft Russell Wilson in April, to the point that Wilson became known as "Russell Bradway" around Jets headquarters in the early spring.

The news comes via Jets defensive coordinator Mike Pettine, so it's not rumor. It's a fact. "We knew about him and liked him," Pettine said. "He's proving he's a complete quarterback. I think the league has been taken aback by how poised this rookie quarterback class is, and he’s no different. He does not look out of place out there." It's fair to wonder whether the Jets would have drafted Wilson had they not traded for Tim Tebow.

change is wanted but it's Terry Bradway making another great call.

by the way Sanchez has 100+ more yards than Russell wilson, with 1 less game (Wilson has played 9). Wilson has a better rating and a couple more TD but let's not pretend he's John Elway. they are both below average NFL QBs.

by the way Sanchez has 100+ more yards than Russell wilson, with 1 less game (Wilson has played 9). Wilson has a better rating and a couple more TD but let's not pretend he's John Elway. they are both below average NFL QBs.

So he's 9 games into his NFL career. Number 11 in passer rating. Sanchez is 30. But other than that, they are both below average, you're right. Or is this another famous example of the "eyeball test" I hear so much about?

Oh, and I know this doesn't really matter, but he's played in those nine games, the numbers 2, 3, 5, 8, 9, and 12 passing defenses in football. The three gimmes on his schedule so far are the numbers 17, 20 and the Pats.

This is retarded. Wilson is an above-average NFL QB. Sanchez is an absolutely terrible NFL QB.

Also: seriously?

It's Terry Bradway we're talking about. While I agree with your "seriously," the fact that it's Bradway should make you a little less upset about this bullsh*t article. Also, when did we start believing the draft ratings the Jets say they had on guys after the draft? I never believed them and even less so lately.

I always feel like I'm listening to "Ken Phelps bat!"

It's Terry Bradway we're talking about. While I agree with your "seriously," the fact that it's Bradway should make you a little less upset about this bullsh*t article. Also, when did we start believing the draft ratings the Jets say they had on guys after the draft? I never believed them and even less so lately.

I always feel like I'm listening to "Ken Phelps bat!"

Indeed. Entirely possible Bradway wrote a nice report about Wilson and is now touting Wilson as all that to make himeelf look like a genius.Job preservation is job 1. But after Dwayne Robertson and too many others I couldn't give 2 sh!ts what Bradway thinks and hope he leaves Florham Park permanently and soon, never to return. Clearly a big part of the problem with this team for the entire Johnson regime is nobody really has the final say, nobody is totally in charge and ultimately nobody is responsible, especially on draft day.

This is retarded. Wilson is an above-average NFL QB. Sanchez is an absolutely terrible NFL QB.

The difference between Above average and absolutely terrible is 10 points in QB rating? You know who else has a good rating Jake Locker. Im not saying Sanchez is awesome but let's not pretend Russell Wilson is the second coming. he's a starter (and just by doing that he outperformed his draft slot). but he's still 5-10 and his team runs first.

The difference between Above average and absolutely terrible is 10 points in QB rating? You know who else has a good rating Jake Locker. Im not saying Sanchez is awesome but let's not pretend Russell Wilson is the second coming. he's a starter (and just by doing that he outperformed his draft slot). but he's still 5-10 and his team runs first.

Cool strawman bro. No one said he's the second coming. You said he was below-average, which he is not, and compared him to Sanchez, which is absurd.

The difference between Above average and absolutely terrible is 10 points in QB rating?

Considering that those 10 points separate the 11th-rated and 30th-rated quarterbacks in the league, yes.

Another difference would be that one is 13th in DVOA and 14th in DYAR and the other is 28th in both.

But yeah, something something Jake Locker derp.

This is pathetic. You're comparing a 4 year veteran to a rookie right now...

This is pathetic. You're comparing a 4 year veteran to a rookie right now...

we could go back to when Sanchez was a rookie and the Jets were in the AFC CG and talk about how the kid was the Sanchize.

my point is that neither of these guys are good QB's. They are okay and bad. Andrew Luck that's what a franchise Qb looks like. Russell Wilson ... he's ok.

The last time I checked, Sanchez was 33rd in completion percentage, I.E., dead last amongst *qualified* QB's.

THIRTY THIRD.

THERE ARE THIRTY TWO TEAMS.

It's his fourth %&*&&* year. Every single rookie QB and even a guy who was a backup is ahead of him in this category. There is no excuse.

The last time I checked, Sanchez was 33rd in completion percentage, I.E., dead last amongst *qualified* QB's.

THIRTY THIRD.

THERE ARE THIRTY TWO TEAMS.

It's his fourth %&*&&* year. Every single rookie QB and even a guy who was a backup is ahead of him in this category. There is no excuse.

Yeah, but Wilson is short. And neither of them are as good as Andrew Luck, ergo you can't compare them. Terry Bradway = secret genius. Jake Locker.

Yeah, but Wilson is short. And neither of them are as good as Andrew Luck, ergo you can't compare them.

what I said was they are both below average. there are 32 starters in the NFL i don't think it's crazy to say Russell Wilson is not in the top 16. Whether he's 17 and Mark is 32 that's a different story. My point was let's not pretend like the Jets missed out on greatness. He's better than Tavares Jackson or Matt Flynn or whoever. But he's not elite. I don't care that he beat Tom Brady, he's not in the same class.

we could go back to when Sanchez was a rookie and the Jets were in the AFC CG and talk about how the kid was the Sanchize.

my point is that neither of these guys are good QB's. They are okay and bad. Andrew Luck that's what a franchise Qb looks like. Russell Wilson ... he's ok.

Huh? You honestly want to compare the two's rookie campaigns? Wilson looks to be 10x the player.

This is absurd.

I hate to deflect from all the Bitonti bashing in this thread but Russell Wilson's numbers closely resemble those of Ryan Fitzpatrick this season. I would call Fitzpatrick average at best, draw your own conclusion as to what I think of Wilson thus far. That being said, he is having a great season for a rookie.

Huh? You honestly want to compare the two's rookie campaigns? Wilson looks to be 10x the player.

This is absurd.

Sanchez rookie regular season numbers were garbage but his playoff numbers were good.

btw this is my problem is that he's not 10x the player of Sanchez. That's all I'm saying. Wilson has never thrown for over 300 yards. Jets fans have this default setting where all of our players suck and every other alternative is awesome. is Wilson better than Sanchez? yeah probably. Are either of em good? that's my question.

I hate to deflect from all the Bitonti bashing in this thread but Russell Wilson's numbers closely resemble those of Ryan Fitzpatrick this season. I would call Fitzpatrick average at best, draw your own conclusion as to what I think of Wilson thus far. That being said, he is having a great season for a rookie.

See thread, earlier: Defenses he's played against so far.

what I said was they are both below average. there are 32 starters in the NFL i don't think it's crazy to say Russell Wilson is not in the top 16. Whether he's 17 and Mark is 32 that's a different story. My point was let's not pretend like the Jets missed out on greatness. He's better than Tavares Jackson or Matt Flynn or whoever. But he's not elite. I don't care that he beat Tom Brady, he's not in the same class.

......... hes a rookie

and yes i dont care about sanchez's playoff numbers

just saw ur other post: is wilson good? For a rookie yes!

Sanchez rookie regular season numbers were garbage but his playoff numbers were good.

btw this is my problem is that he's not 10x the player of Sanchez. That's all I'm saying. Wilson has never thrown for over 300 yards. Jets fans have this default setting where all of our players suck and every other alternative is awesome. is Wilson better than Sanchez? yeah probably. Are either of em good? that's my question.

He's completely out playing him this year as a rookie. And if you want to keep it within the rookies season, he's half way through the season and already has more TD's than Sanchez did his entire rookie campaign. Sanchez has never sniffed his current completion %. There is no probably in this equation. And yes, I think Russell's current ability is good with more of ceiling than Sanchez ever had.

Archived