Time for Sporano to go...

CobraVerde

I'm not backing Sanchez in the least and would be happier if he never took another snap than if he did. But Sparano's responsible for the offense and every aspect of it. Sparano has few tools to put points on the board but his personnel are frequently out of position and look bewildered (given Sanchez is bewildered by nature) to the end we many time we have to waste time outs to straighten out the fact that Greene is going to run straight into the arms of the defender and then he does exactly that. Or Tebow is going to line up in the shotgun and go off tackle for 2.5 yards because that's exactly what he does 95% of the time.

Being the OC an offense with a horribly inconsistent and turnover prone QB and a sluggish RB isn't high on many peoples list of dream jobs - but Sparano seems to detract from what is already dysfunctional - his guys almost never seem prepared.

Let one of the other assistants call the plays for the rest of this year and start sending as many signals as possible to Norb for next year.

Rex has already stated in his presser that Sanchez is still his guy - but my wish is that Tebow takes all remaining snaps this year and scrambles and does whatever to keep the defense off the field long enough to cop a breather and continue to develop.They are the only thing worth watching for the rest of this season. I have no idea how we get rid of Mark and find an acceptable QB for next year.

Sanchez consistently misses open TD passes and ends up throwing int's instead. I've honestly never seen a QB turn so many open TD's into interceptions, it's actually amazing when you think about it. Just about all of those int's are from slow decision making and then poor mechanics when he tries to hurry up to catch up.

If Sanchez made the basic passes that Sparano asked him to make and completed the open TD passes, then the offense would actually score some points. There is no way you can blame this mess on Sparano.

Sanchez consistently misses open TD passes and ends up throwing int's instead. I've honestly never seen a QB turn so many open TD's into interceptions, it's actually amazing when you think about it. Just about all of those int's are from slow decision making and then poor mechanics when he tries to hurry up to catch up.

If Sanchez made the basic passes that Sparano asked him to make and completed the open TD passes, then the offense would actually score some points. There is no way you can blame this mess on Sparano.

He's trying to run a 2 QB system in the NFL. He should be shot for such an idea.

Sanchez is one of the worst starting QB's I've ever witnessed with my own 2 eyes. He's brutal. He makes the game unwatchable and brings me no enjoyment on Sunday's. If Sparano is fired, who the **** would want to come coach that kid? He's got LB'ers on the sideline telling him to keep his head up because he's such a little mopey bitch.

Any OC that comes here to coach Sanchez is signing up for career suicide.

Did you not hear how incredulous Marv Albert and Rich Gannon were when Tebow ran THE SAME play for the fourth time!? Not much OC creativity there.

Strange thing is last year with Tom Moore helping Schotty Sanchez was actually pretty good in the red zone.

Let's face it. Fish fans were right when it comes to Sparano. He is a joke when it comes to calling plays. Not that it would have helped Sanchez who at this point appears to be a lost cause.

Did you not hear how incredulous Marv Albert and Rich Gannon were when Tebow ran THE SAME play for the fourth time!? Not much OC creativity there.

Gannon was pissed. His voice had a distinct air of "WTF am I watching?" You know it's terrible when the the commentators give up.

Didn't Tebow actually recognize that the D was on to that play and tuck and run instead? I'm pretty sure Sanchez throws a pick 6 there every time.

My memory is a little blurry. I was at my brothers house and that was right about the time that he was tearing everything in half in the house that was Jets related and trying to find out if Woody is listed in the yellow pages..

Erm, Tebow?

Get it together Max. Imagine how badly we'll suck when Jesus hates us.

You mean he doesn't hate us already? The Jets aren't even a "crappy but in rebuild mode", the Jets just all-around suck. Tannenbaum hasn't done anything to improve the team, Sanchez has turned out to be another Jamarus Russell, and Rex still believes that h team is oing o in th Superbowl with a ground n' pound game, vn Hugh Shonn Greene is his #1 HB and his O-Line sucks ass. Tebow won't make th Jets better because he can't pass and everyone owns how to stop him when he runs with it. We also have an owner ho has shown hat he has zero interest in making he Jets a better team. Zero.

When you have watched games in which the Jets have lost, how many have you said, "what a creative game plan they had against us"? Ever?

When you have watched games in which the Jets have lost, how many have you said, "what a creative game plan they had against us"? Ever?

Actually, I have watched many games in which I was able to see the opposing offense setup the defense with playcalling and designs.

It happens, I thought Shotty did a masterful job in his first year as OC, but the league caught on to him and he was never able to adjust, not with Pennington, his hand picked QB in Clemens, Favre or Sanchez.

With Sparano this team is so void of talent in so many places its tough to assess, but very rarely have I thought to my self what a great game plan, it he really has the offense off guard. In fact, more often I see his players confused, running wrong routes, completely missing blocks, screwing up any momentum whatsoever.

Sanche is completely shot, but the problems run so deep with this team, and I believe Sparano is one of them.

What has Sparano ever done to justify being OC?

He was an OLine coach.

He was never considered an offensive mind.

As much as I wanted Shotty out, I would have preferred he stayed over Sparano.

If you were the GM or HC of the NY Jets what Offensive Coordinator would you hire to succeed with Sanchez?

Sparano is probably one of the better OC's available for Sanchez yet Mark continues to throw to his 2 favorite targets: the defense, and nobody in particular. Sanchez cannot make basic NFL throws on a consistent basis. Whoever comes in as OC is destined to fail with Sanchez, that is the sad truth of the matter.

Maybe the Jets should call Hue Jackson if Rex stays, and Jackson doesn't get offered another HC gig, he is a great offensive mind, has been succesful as a QB coach with Flacco in 08-09, WR coach in 2010 for Da Raiders, and got a raw deal getting fired as the HC in Oakland last year, doubt he can make Sanchez any good, but they both have USC bloodlines, and Sanchez is some what familliar with his type of offense, if Sanchez must stay 1 more season because of his contract would love to see Hue get a crack at COACHING the offense, QB's, WR's, and calling plays, it's worth a shot, would really need to add a good RB, and 1 more legit deep threat thou to really compliment his Offensive system IMO.

Actually, I have watched many games in which I was able to see the opposing offense setup the defense with playcalling and designs.

It happens, I thought Shotty did a masterful job in his first year as OC, but the league caught on to him and he was never able to adjust, not with Pennington, his hand picked QB in Clemens, Favre or Sanchez.

With Sparano this team is so void of talent in so many places its tough to assess, but very rarely have I thought to my self what a great game plan, it he really has the offense off guard. In fact, more often I see his players confused, running wrong routes, completely missing blocks, screwing up any momentum whatsoever.

Sanche is completely shot, but the problems run so deep with this team, and I believe Sparano is one of them.

What has Sparano ever done to justify being OC?

He was an OLine coach.

He was never considered an offensive mind.

As much as I wanted Shotty out, I would have preferred he stayed over Sparano.

The depressing part is that were going to have to watch Schotty's offense go to town on us. Not exactly looking forward to the Rams game.

Archived