Mike Glennon

BroadwayJoe12

It's more his not being very strong and having small hands.

Glennon hands were 9 3/8 which was fine. The problems are he throws the ball to the wrong team on occasion and being too tall (derek anderson). he's not consistent, looks awesome for a few plays and then throws 3 picks. as you point out he's not thick like Flacco, who is above 240. Glennon is 6'6" and 220 not great.

The small hands were Dysert, Landry Jones and Tyler wilson, all who had less than 9.

Glennon hands were 9 3/8 which was fine. The problems are he throws the ball to the wrong team on occasion and being too tall (derek anderson). he's not consistent, looks awesome for a few plays and then throws 3 picks. as you point out he's not thick like Flacco, who is above 240. Glennon is 6'6" and 220 not great.

The small hands were Dysert, Landry Jones and Tyler wilson, all who had less than 9.

9 3/8 is tiny for his size.

This from SB Nation:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/1/22/3904224/senior-bowl-2013-scouting-reports

The quarterback position, where NC State's Mike Glennon and Syracuse's Ryan Nassib are considered the cream of the crop, was also watched closely. Both quarterbacks impressed in Galko's eyes, with Glennon showing off a pretty deep ball and Nassib showing off tremendous foot speed and short-intermediate accuracy in the pocket and on the run. Thomas Melton of The Football Standard, however, was underwhelmed:

Today was the first chance I got to see a full North practice, but I again came away underwhelmed. Glennon looks to be the cream of the North class, he has the strongest arm, and the most consistent ball placement. Ryan Nassib looked decent throwing on the run, but struggled from under center, and had trouble reading from the pocket.

Glennon will fill out some as he gets older. I like the way he throws the ball. Solid ball placement, terrific spin, stands tall in the pocket. His development was stunted by NC State's lack of weapons, but I think this is a guy who can develop into a very good NFL QB.

Glennon will fill out some as he gets older. I like the way he throws the ball. Solid ball placement, terrific spin, stands tall in the pocket. His development was stunted by NC State's lack of weapons, but I think this is a guy who can develop into a very good NFL QB.

that statement might be true but it adds up to a late 1 early 2... at best not 9 overall.

Yeah, Glennon is terrible. If he was 6'2 he's not even getting drafted. His accuracy is awful. I mean awful. For every (1) nice throw there's (2-3) really bad ones. He gets happy feet in the pocket even when there's no pressure and makes terrible decisions throwing the ball. Plus, his arm isn't that strong...not for someone 6'6. He's not Flacco/arm strength. He's not Ryan/accuracy/leadership. He's just tall and overrated imo.

Archived