Can we run down the timeline on how it got this bad?

Matt39

Clearly Sanchez is an epic bust, but we were relatively successful his first two seasons(not nearly as successful as Rex thought, however...which didnt help)

but

we've gone from a smashmouth tough defensive team to an unwatchable mess with zero talent. Taking 4 hours out of your day to watch the Jets is a waste of time. How did this fall apart so quickly? Sanchez has managed to get worse.

Is Rex stupid? Not to get on the dsylexia thing...but did we even know of this prior to the hire? Considering the snafu with the idiotic Tebow trade...it wouldnt even surprise me.

Time to clean house beginning with Tanny...unfortunately the owner doesnt care about winning.

What an exhausting day.

heres how it whent down.

We drafted a bust qb who was suppouse to bring our already good team next step a championship

that didnt happen so our good team carried us to wins

because of these wins we never got a good draft pick

because we didnt get good draft pick our good team got older and or left cause you cant keep everyone forever and we didnt have replacement playmakers

now we are here

heres how it whent down.

We drafted a bust qb who was suppouse to bring our already good team next step a championship

that didnt happen so our good team carried us to wins

because of these wins we never got a good draft pick

because we didnt get good draft pick our good team got older and or left cause you cant keep everyone forever and we didnt have replacement playmakers

now we are here

We also effed with the o-line, effed with the receivers, gave Holmes too much stock, ignored the RB position. Clearly Rex doesn't have the enthusiasm for offense that he does for defense. Fine! But Tannenbaum has no effin excuse. He needs to go first.

We also effed with the o-line, effed with the receivers, gave Holmes too much stock, ignored the RB position. Clearly Rex doesn't have the enthusiasm for offense that he does for defense. Fine! But Tannenbaum has no effin excuse. He needs to go first.

well like i said you cant restock if u dont have a good draft pick. Ignore the rb position?!?! we drafted 2? and another this year. O line we also drafted and brough up some guys but hey vlad didnt pan out he wasnt a high pick.

well like i said you cant restock if u dont have a good draft pick. Ignore the rb position?!?! we drafted 2? and another this year. O line we also drafted and brough up some guys but hey vlad didnt pan out he wasnt a high pick.

We don't even use Powell. McKnight, hey I like him, but he is Brad Smith part deux. A luxery, not a running back. Something a team who has a chance to go to the superbowl would have, not a 3-6 team. Shonn Greene, just ain't enough. Had TJ, replaced him with LT. How is that looking for the future? The o line depth, sucks! And Vlad was a third round pick. Ugggh. Plus they throw picks away, like drafting Mark's BFF from college. Total waste of a draft pick. Like Nugent. Oh, god, there's so many. :(

I think it's all on Sanchez. I really do.

I mean, blame Tannenbaum for drafting him, lump the two of them together if you want.

But it all comes down to Sanchez being an epic bust. He is a total moron on the field, and not nearly as talented as anyone thought.

If we had decent QB play out of him, we would have definitely won a Superbowl. That's how good this defense has been.

If only we had convinced Favre to stay another year. Or let Clemens play 2009 and drafted a 2010 QB instead. So many different ways we could have went about it, anything but Sanchez (or Freeman for that matter).

We don't even use Powell. McKnight, hey I like him, but he is Brad Smith part deux. A luxery, not a running back. Something a team who has a chance to go to the superbowl would have, not a 3-6 team. Shonn Greene, just ain't enough. Had TJ, replaced him with LT. How is that looking for the future? The o line depth, sucks! And Vlad was a third round pick. Ugggh. Plus they throw picks away, like drafting Mark's BFF from college. Total waste of a draft pick. Like Nugent. Oh, god, there's so many. :(

mcknight actually has shown some special playmaking ability i think he will be good. The reason they dont use either of them is because both are hurt. I think o line depth is overated you shouldnt plan on your oline to get hurt even if it does sometimes. Mark needs to be gone and bring in whoever if they suck as much as some people think then we will have a high draft pick and get a new qb to rebuild with

I mean, blame Tannenbaum for drafting him, lump the two of them together if you want.

But it all comes down to Sanchez being an epic bust. He is a total moron on the field, and not nearly as talented as anyone thought.

If we had decent QB play out of him, we would have definitely won a Superbowl. That's how good this defense has been.

If only we had convinced Favre to stay another year. Or let Clemens play 2009 and drafted a 2010 QB instead. So many different ways we could have went about it, anything but Sanchez (or Freeman for that matter).

Sanchez does suck, but for cryin' out loud, his backup is Tim Tebow. Christ. Of course Tannenbaum blew it. No thought on depth at all, no thought on anything, it seems.

Sanchez does suck, but for cryin' out loud, his backup is Tim Tebow. Christ. Of course Tannenbaum blew it. No thought on depth at all, no thought on anything, it seems.

Tebow is a better QB than Sanchez at this point.

Look, Golden Tate threw more touchdown passes tonight than Sanchez did!

This is how bad it's gotten.

It is all sanchez, i mean we have lost games on his arm. We get to the n zone about to win the game then boom. Pic 6, or just pic game over. I feel like its everygame, but I remember houston. Another game we should have won

In a nutshell, they replaced guys like Cotchery, Thomas Jones, and Tony Richardson with guys like Santonio Holmes, Joe McKnight, and Plaxico Burress. And then threw a hyper-sensitive, high-maintenance QB into the middle of it. Character concerns can be overstated, but when me-first players become the rule and not the exception, you get what you got. Rex and Tannenbaum hoist themselves by their own petard.

In a nutshell, they replaced guys like Cotchery, Thomas Jones, and Tony Richardson with guys like Santonio Holmes, Joe McKnight, and Plaxico Burress. And then threw a hyper-sensitive, high-maintenance QB into the middle of it. Character concerns can be overstated, but when me-first players become the rule and not the exception, you get what you got. Rex and Tannenbaum hoist themselves by their own petard.

i wouldnt say thats what got us here. maybe it didnt help us but im sure there are other teams with more diva players then us. They may just have a QB that isnt a girly man sooo

Clearly Sanchez is an epic bust, but we were relatively successful his first two seasons(not nearly as successful as Rex thought, however...which didnt help)

but

we've gone from a smashmouth tough defensive team to an unwatchable mess with zero talent. Taking 4 hours out of your day to watch the Jets is a waste of time. How did this fall apart so quickly? Sanchez has managed to get worse.

Is Rex stupid? Not to get on the dsylexia thing...but did we even know of this prior to the hire? Considering the snafu with the idiotic Tebow trade...it wouldnt even surprise me.

Time to clean house beginning with Tanny...unfortunately the owner doesnt care about winning.

What an exhausting day.

For Sanchez to me it started with Baltimore last year. That game was so brutal and the beating he took that game was awful that I think psychologically he has never recovered. The guy made progress in 2010. He was pulling games out of the fire and I don't care what anybody says had a great game and made some great throws in that New England playoff game. Yeah there was still work to be done but at least I saw some nice progress from 2009.

After that Ravens game he never has even come close to being the same.

For Rex I think when all is said and done I will look back at the Giants game as the beginning of the end for Rex. The guy spent nearly 3 years talking about taking the city away from the Giants and when push came to shove his team got smacked around and did not have an answer. Since the Eagles game last year the Jets are 3-9 with some god awful games in which I seriously question whether the team quit.

His press conference after the game yesterday though blew me away. As much as I think Tebow is inept, by the start of the 4th qtr I was thinking you might as well put him in and see if the Jets can salvage the season (seems to be a common theme where Tebow plays). There is nothing left to salvage from Sanchez or the season. Sanchez has become David Carr. I don't think he doesn't trust what he see out there anymore, he is more innaccurate now then he has ever been and his ball security is still a major issue. Yet Rex is going to stick with him.

Rex is going to go down with Sanchez one way or another. He is determined to prove the media wrong and come hell or high water he is going to stick with Mark. Tebow might as well demand a trade now because there is NO WAY after that press conference that Rex is going to start Tebow. Which is fine by me. This team isn't going anywhere anyway. They are not winning 7 straight to get to 10-6 or 6 of 6 to go 9-7.

The season is over, the Sanchez era is over, the Rex Ryan era could very well be over.

but

What an exhausting day.

Honestly this really isn't a surprise...Injuries have played a huge role (this season) as well as schedule.... and tbh, I believe a lot of you had an overly rosy view of the team prior years.Going 9-7 and then catching a few breaks to get to a championship game isn't really a predictor of sustained success, consistantly going 12-4 or better is much stronger indicator. What happens in a lot of games is more likely a trend then what happens in a few games.

Anyway, specifically imo:

1) Sanchez was never as good as most of you thought, his statistical profile has consistently been as a bottom feeding QB, and this year he has less talent around him. Plus, much like Cam Newton and soon to be RGIII, when the league figures out how to take away the things you like to do and/or do well, it's common that some of these guys take a step back till they readjust (some never do). He was once again playing a good defense yesterday and he struggled, that's the way this league works. We play NE in 2 weeks, I'm sure he'll have a good game and everyone will be talking about his re emergence. I don't know that he regressed as much as played a bunch of good defense this year.. We played 3 of the top 4 defenses in the league + Pitts and Miami (2x) both above average units at the time.

note: he's also not as bad as most of you think now, see the defensive gauntlet he's run

2) Revis injury was huge for defense, this was a Revis defense, not a Rex defense.. Rex was never this defensive genius people thought, he came from a system with Ray lewis, to a system with Revis. Revis consistently, by himself , took away the other teams #1 receiving option. Losing him was the end of us having an elite defense this season. Add in the fact that the offense is even worse, and the struggles are compounded.

3) These guys are human, injuries, poor record it all compounds. The defense held up till late in 4th, and then either through being tired or completely frustrated by pathetic offense they broke down in a big way at the end

For Sanchez to me it started with Baltimore last year. That game was so brutal and the beating he took that game was awful that I think psychologically he has never recovered. The guy made progress in 2010. He was pulling games out of the fire and I don't care what anybody says had a great game and made some great throws in that New England playoff game. Yeah there was still work to be done but at least I saw some nice progress from 2009.

After that Ravens game he never has even come close to being the same.

For Rex I think when all is said and done I will look back at the Giants game as the beginning of the end for Rex. The guy spent nearly 3 years talking about taking the city away from the Giants and when push came to shove his team got smacked around and did not have an answer. Since the Eagles game last year the Jets are 3-9 with some god awful games in which I seriously question whether the team quit.

His press conference after the game yesterday though blew me away. As much as I think Tebow is inept, by the start of the 4th qtr I was thinking you might as well put him in and see if the Jets can salvage the season (seems to be a common theme where Tebow plays). There is nothing left to salvage from Sanchez or the season. Sanchez has become David Carr. I don't think he doesn't trust what he see out there anymore, he is more innaccurate now then he has ever been and his ball security is still a major issue. Yet Rex is going to stick with him.

Rex is going to go down with Sanchez one way or another. He is determined to prove the media wrong and come hell or high water he is going to stick with Mark. Tebow might as well demand a trade now because there is NO WAY after that press conference that Rex is going to start Tebow. Which is fine by me. This team isn't going anywhere anyway. They are not winning 7 straight to get to 10-6 or 6 of 6 to go 9-7.

The season is over, the Sanchez era is over, the Rex Ryan era could very well be over.

Bingo, we have a winner, Rex will get fired because he wont bin Sanchez. It's not his fault Mark did not pan out, but it is his fault that he won't bench him. Empty MetLife = Out of work.

I'm looking forward to a high Draft position and some major cuts.

Archived