Just a theory, but why Rex starts sanchez and his job is completely safe.

BornJetsFan1983

I bets its woodys call. Pure and simple. Also I bet woody never thought sanchez would suck this bad for this long. But rex turned this org around, made us a force and woody is loyal, and rex knows that. He knows if he fights woody and starts tebow, that there is no way to say tebow will have better success. So to him it stay loyal to woody and the owner, keep job security and wait it out till next year when they can draft a new qtrback. Owners happy, fans will be happy when sanchez is gone...

err.. I dont knwo if that all makes sense, but my point is rex aint putting in tebow cause he doesnt see the positive of pissing off the boss for a few wins that wont lead to SB. He porbably is taking notes on how the teams plays when all the chips are down. Probably already has a list of off the team guys. Guys who have quit. WHen woody says start tebow he will but he probably doesnt see a point rushing it. Hell woody might have sanchez play all season and then cut his ass, eat the money and fans will cheer him for it.

I hope tebow gets the start by the time we play the pats. But i know this rex is here to stay, so is woody. Now sanchez sporano not so much...

I bets its woodys call. Pure and simple. Also I bet woody never thought sanchez would suck this bad for this long. But rex turned this org around, made us a force and woody is loyal, and rex knows that. He knows if he fights woody and starts tebow, that there is no way to say tebow will have better success. So to him it stay loyal to woody and the owner, keep job security and wait it out till next year when they can draft a new qtrback. Owners happy, fans will be happy when sanchez is gone...

err.. I dont knwo if that all makes sense, but my point is rex aint putting in tebow cause he doesnt see the positive of pissing off the boss for a few wins that wont lead to SB. He porbably is taking notes on how the teams plays when all the chips are down. Probably already has a list of off the team guys. Guys who have quit. WHen woody says start tebow he will but he probably doesnt see a point rushing it. Hell woody might have sanchez play all season and then cut his ass, eat the money and fans will cheer him for it.

I hope tebow gets the start by the time we play the pats. But i know this rex is here to stay, so is woody. Now sanchez sporano not so much...

idk man i dont think theres any way woody wants this. He probably losing so much money and even if hes not hes gonna be embaressed when no one shows up to the stadium. Woody would want a packed stadium and tebow brings that

Why Rex isnt starting Tebow: Because he's an old-time football guy and thinks the Tebow sh!t is stupid and not sustainable. He would rather fail with a regular QB since he can point to all the other failings of the offense (nobody blocks, receivers cant catch a cold, rb's cant do sh!t).

Rex is sticking with Tebow because he's too f#cking stupid to know its been time to make a change for weeks.

And if the Jets finish with less than 6 wins Rex is gone no matter who the QB is.

The game wasn't televised in my area today so I didn't see it, probably just as well.

The team certainly seems to be spiralling downhill. I think Belichick got fired from Cleveland in a season like this. Not after a season like this-during a season like this.

Why Rex isnt starting Tebow: Because he's an old-time football guy and thinks the Tebow sh!t is stupid and not sustainable. He would rather fail with a regular QB since he can point to all the other failings of the offense (nobody blocks, receivers cant catch a cold, rb's cant do sh!t).

Rex is sticking with Tebow because he's too f#cking stupid to know its been time to make a change for weeks.

And if the Jets finish with less than 6 wins Rex is gone no matter who the QB is.

I always thought Rex's front was that of a dumb-jock-one-of-the-boys type. But he actually is stupid. I can understand stubborn to some extent. But this "I believe because I believe" explanation. I expected him to break out in song at the presser, "I Believe for every drop of rain that falls, etc". Pathetic. There is no reason to watch or attend another game this season. He should be fired for that performance yesterday alone. It was almost as bad as Omar Minaya's "You lobby for this job, Adam," presser. Yep. No. 2 Stupidest Press Conference in NY Sports history.

sanchez makes 10 mil a year, tebow makes like 2. money talks. it's that simple. they aren't gonna pay Sanchez huge money to hold a clipboard.

again ill ask. Whats the difference between a sucky QB (sanchez) on the bench or on the field? The sucky qb on the bench doesnt lose you games. I really dont think money has anything to do with it. Maybe its the fact that they dont want to admit there coveted 5th pick and franchize QB isnt a good player

sanchez makes 10 mil a year, tebow makes like 2. money talks. it's that simple. they aren't gonna pay Sanchez huge money to hold a clipboard.

I agree with this to a point, but think it is more what happens if Tebow is able to revitalize the Jets playoff chances.

Some of the media and fans went overboard with the cause and effect Tebow had on the Broncos last year.

If Tebow was able to get the Jets to 8-8 or 9-7 with the help of the D, how do you go back to Mark? The schedule is not exactly daunting. It would not be surprising if the Jets make it a run regardless of who is the QB. The Broncos were able to kill Tebowmania because they went and got Peyton. The Jets will not be able to cap Tebowmania.

The only way you play Tebow is if you are moving on from Mark.

I don't think Rex is dumb. He wouldn't bash Sanchez publicly. It's not his style. And I'm fairly certain that if they had any other backup, Sanchez would be on the bench. It's obvious now that Rex never wanted Tebow and would probably be playing Stanton or McElroy at this point if Tebow wasn't around. Now he can't play McElroy because it would just confirm what we knew all along: this was a stupid thing that Woody Johnson made them do.

The problem for me, personally, is that I agree with Lil Bit Special when he says Rex doesn't think the Tebow sh*t is sustainable. Neither do I. And if you can't NOT play Tebow and have to leave McElroy on the bench, you're screwed. Look at Sanchez. NFL defenses adjust, figure him out, make him look awful every time. They'll figure Tebow out too. Plus, I just don't wanna deal with his crazy ass followers.The Illuminati guy is enough. Rex was sick of fielding Tebow questions in training camp. I'm surprised he hasn't taken the press corps hostage over it yet.

Rex endorsed Sanchez, he is part of the reason why Sanchez is here, he is part of the reason we have no viable back up.

He is sticking with Sanchez because he is sticking with his endorsement

Everybody needs to go!

Rex, Tanny, Mark, they are all idiots

idk man dont you think hes losing money from not putting a good team on the field?

you'd think so... but no. The NFL is a pure communism. The Billions from the TV contracts are collectively split among the 32 teams. even Jersey sales are split in some way (Mike Vick gets a portion of a Mike Vick jersey but so do the Jets). The tickets get sold in the offseason as do the parking passes.

long story short the Jets can be awful and still make money.

you'd think so... but no. The NFL is a pure communism. The Billions from the TV contracts are collectively split among the 32 teams. even Jersey sales are split in some way (Mike Vick gets a portion of a Mike Vick jersey but so do the Jets). The tickets get sold in the offseason as do the parking passes.

long story short the Jets can be awful and still make money.

but that that doesnt mean putting in tebow wouldnt generate a lot more money. Sanchez's money is already wasted

More like they're not going to pay Tebow more money to go out and suck as badly. They're avoiding playing him because of his escalators. Jason wrote about this a week back. Regardless if Rex had any balls he'd tell them to kick rocks and put him in anyways. His entire reputation for future HC gigs is going straight down the sh*tter with this complete joke of a refusal to bench him.

That and he's lost his biggest fan.

:head:

From a strategic standpoint it also made zero sense. The writing was on the wall after the Miami game, and if you're going to bench him you do it when you're going into the bye. Then you've got two weeks to prep the offense and really make the switch. Now the season's a wash, and even if you are going to put him in, the offense is completely disheartened and they're coming off a WC road trip. There's a huge difference between being a players coach and just being flat out dumb. This is Herm-level McCareins ****ing loyalty here and it doesn't fly in the pros. Never has and never will.

Archived