Rex cried yesterday. Again.

RutgersJetFan

Talk and tears. Story of this regime.

Maybe they'll start believing when you start coaching and holding players accountable. Idiot.

RexRyanCrying.jpg

SEATTLE — The New York Jets are finished. They’re so done. Antonio Cromartie‘s playoff guarantee went stale faster than a carton of milk in the desert. They were so bad, so utterly inept on offense Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks that it moved Rex Ryan to tears. In his postgame address to the team, Ryan got so emotional that he actually cried, according to several players. He was everything in the locker room — mad, frustrated, urging. And harsh. According to players, he asked the pointed question, “When are you guys going to believe?” It’s hard to believe in the Jets, 28-7 losers at CenturyLink Field. They’ve dropped three in a row and five of their past six games, sinking to 3-6 — the low-water mark of the Ryan era. And it could get worse before it gets better because you can’t win if you can’t score, and you’ve got problems when your leading scorer is a 300-pound defensive end, Muhammad Wilkerson, who returned a fumble for a touchdown. ”Yeah, I mean I don’t know how many more losses you want to spot somebody before you think you can make the playoffs,” Ryan said. “It’s about a 2 percent chance of making the playoffs with the record we have.”

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex was a risk hire. Blew his load the first two seasons....there's nothing left he can get out of this organization especially with how poorly the personnel has been run. Should have showed up to the Steelers game Rex.

Rex energized a defense that's historically been mediocre without an identity for a couple years...but he hasnt gotten any better as a coach. His schemes still seem to be effective against QB's they havent played before....but other than that Rex really offers nothing anymore.

It's tough situation for Rex. He wants to win. But he is faced with a inept offense and an talented but aging defense.

There are more things here than meets the eye.

1, Woody ordered the F.O to get Tebow and now the coaching staff finds out he is more awful than they thought and despite being a dud Mark is still the best QB on the team. So Rex has no other option but to keep playing Sanchez.

2. And another thing could be the JETS want to play Sanchez because of the huge contract extension they gave him in the off season.

Either way Rex is reaping the thorns of the JETS F.O and ownership's stupidity and lack of planning.

I like Rex, but f#ck Rex. He brought 100% of this on himself. Big-mouthed bully a$$hole who got punched in the mouth by the rest of the league and can't figure out how to get back up.

1-5 in last six games, 3-9 in last 12, 6-10 in last 16. It's gotten progressively worse for Rex and rather quickly.

1-5 in last six games, 3-9 in last 12, 6-10 in last 16. It's gotten progressively worse for Rex and rather quickly.

And the guy still doesn't shut the **** up. I've always thought that there's nothing more annoying than a guy that talks a ton of sh*t and backs it all up. But, is there anything more pathetic than a guy that talks a ton of sh*t and backs none of it up?

Yeah, I'm a big-time Rex supporter, but he made his bed and he'll now lie in it. The fact that Sanchez still has his full endorsement tells me he's done. He knows Sanchez is going to cost him his job but is seemingly too stubborn to change course anyways.

Tannenbaum, Rex, Sanchez. All need to go at this point.

I did worse than cry. I stopped caring about the game. I quit on them. I think I screamed maybe twice yesterday... and that was for Keller false starts.

http://psych.hanover.edu/classes/learning/papers/seligman%20maier%201967.pdf

In the learned helplessness experiment an animal is repeatedly hurt by an adverse stimulus which it cannot escape. Eventually the animal will stop trying to avoid the pain and behave as if it is utterly helpless to change the situation. Finally, when opportunities to escape are presented, this learned helplessness prevents any action. The only coping mechanism the animal uses is to be stoical and put up with the discomfort, not expending energy getting worked up about the adverse stimulus.

If the FO did their job, and drafted a QB that wasn't the worst in the league, then we're not even having this discussion.

You don't get rid of a winning coach because he's emotional. You don't get rid of a winning coach because the FO can't evaluate QB talent. You don't get rid of a winning coach, period. Rex is a winning coach.

Maybe the FO needs to change. Sanchez definitely needs to go. But Rex is a keeper. I would sign him to a 10 year extension on the spot.

The greatest indictment of this front office and coaching staff is that they are genuinely blindsided by how terrible this team is when every fan knew exactly what was coming this season.

And it's part of a pattern, like with Hunter, Schitty, Wilson, etc.

It's as if their motto is: "We'll give you every opportunity in the world to prove you're absolutely awful."

Archived