•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Atlanta Falcons are classless

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Members
  • 33,205 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

say the Saints

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--saints-defender--several-falcons-players-acted--classless--before-sunday-s-game11582231.html

Given that the Atlanta Falcons entered the Superdome on Sunday with the league's best record and a five-game lead over the defending NFC South champion New Orleans Saints, it's understandable that the visitors would have come in brimming with confidence.
However, Atlanta hasn't had a whole lot of success against its chief division rival in recent years (2-10 coming into Sunday's game since 2006, the year Sean Payton took over as the Saints' coach), and some New Orleans players felt the visitors' swagger was unwarranted.
[img]http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/nfgex3nkiTXBSmGaSVrGAg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTQxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/Sports/AP_NFL/201211111626592048710-p2.jpg[/img]Falcons RB Michael Turner is stopped by Saints LB Curtis Lofton (50) and several teammates. (AP)A few hours after the Saints (4-5) pulled out a 31-27 victory over the Falcons (8-1) with a pair of late defensive stands, veteran New Orleans linebackerScott Shanle displayed some bravado of his own, referring to his vanquished opponent as "our little brothers."
Shanle said the tension between the two teams began in pregame warm-ups, when several Falcons players began taunting ex-Atlanta linebacker Curtis Lofton, who joined the Saints as a free agent last March.
"They were talking [expletive] to our guy Curtis Lofton," Shanle told Y! Sports on Sunday night. "I couldn't even understand them. They were just walking all over our drills trying to mess with him. [Linebacker Jonathan] Vilma went and told their coach it was classless and they didn't even say anything. It set the tone for the day. It was classless and they got what they deserved."
Reeling from an offseason pay-for-injure scandal and Payton's season-long suspension, the Saints lost their first four games and seemed headed for a disastrous season. New Orleans has now won four of its last five games and, with a road victory against the Raiders next Sunday, could get back into the wild-card mix.
Either way, Shanle and his teammates were determined to send a message to the Falcons, who they'll face again at the Georgia Dome on Thursday, Nov. 29.
The best radio host and Jets fan of all time: http://www.registerstar.com/multimedia/bruce_jacobs/ Go Jets and Celtics

#2 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 23,127 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

POPULAR

so sh!t talking and trash talking are now classless?

how about attempting to injure for extra money? is that classless?? F#ck you New Orleans. You c#nts.
 photo c82dba5d-cef7-4044-a308-6f6302c7ad1c.jpg

#3 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,627 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

I would prefer to root for a classless team rather than a clueless one!

Edited by JetsFanInDenver, 12 November 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#4 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

i love it. taunting a guy who left yea is ok in my book. Taunting everywhere is ok in my book lol

#5 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,502 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

how about attempting to injure for extra money? is that classless?? F#ck you New Orleans. You c#nts.

Seriously. My first thought when I read that was that dickbag Vilma really thought that he of all people was in a position to go over and admonish the opposing coaches because their players were talking smack to a former teammate? What a ****ing douche nozzle.
By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#6 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Members
  • 33,205 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

i love how Mike Smith didn't care
The best radio host and Jets fan of all time: http://www.registerstar.com/multimedia/bruce_jacobs/ Go Jets and Celtics

#7 BornJetsFan1983

BornJetsFan1983

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 1,002 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

you should comment on more things...
-I pretty much blame most of the Jets offensive problems on Brian "the worst play caller in the NFL" Shotty-boy....

#8 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 23,127 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

you should comment on more things...

Nah. i prefer smilies more.

:-D

#9 Jetfan13

Jetfan13

older but better

• Members
  • 6,465 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

Busting chops on a guy who was your teammate but now is the opposition is classless? GTFO, Aint's. They sound like a 3rd grader who had his lunch money stolen.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.

#10 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,227 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Seriously. My first thought when I read that was that dickbag Vilma really thought that he of all people was in a position to go over and admonish the opposing coaches because their players were talking smack to a former teammate? What a ****ing douche nozzle.

Yeah, classless has been a varying description. Vilma has no basis to talk, but before I read it I thought it was something much different, like trashing the visitor lockerroom, getting into altercations with fans, etc.
Posted Image

#11 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,305 posts
  • LocationClarksville, TN by way of New England

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

Nah. i prefer smilies more.

:-D

Smilie Whore!
Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

#12 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,470 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Yeah, classless has been a varying description. Vilma has no basis to talk, but before I read it I thought it was something much different, like trashing the visitor lockerroom, getting into altercations with fans, etc.

I miss the days of players messing with each other in funny ways. Like with hookers and blow.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#13 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

If only they were talentless.

Let me know when they win a playoff game.....
BD

Edited by BlackDynamite, 13 November 2012 - 01:22 PM.

#14 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,902 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#15 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 23,127 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

Smilie Whore!

:smileywhore:

#16 kay_gee

kay_gee

full time Jets fan, part time troll

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 2,541 posts
  • Locationlive from New York

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

Not surprising. The Giants are constantly getting their feelings hurt too. Are all grown male athletes just freakishly large children?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users