Does anyone else think losing out is for the best?

The Crusher

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do. What could happen any better than a nice top 3 pick for the new regime? If Woody leaves Tanny and Rex it won't matter who or where we pick. But our new GM and new HC could use a nice top 3 pick.

Well, the season is lost so I guess the best thing to do is to position the team for the following year. We're not contenders, plain and simple.

#1 on my list arent even players/draft picks. Its coaching and personnel. This is where our problems really stem. Sparano was a bad decision and I knew it from jump though of course I give the benefit of the doubt after I throw my fit about it. Rex Ryan not being able to make tough decision (sitting sanchez) is another thing. Not having an impact draft pick in over a half decade also points out the personnel, coaching and GM.

We need change on the coaching staff, and front office.

If losing out results in Jarvis Jones, then sign me up!!!

Worst part about having this sh*tty of a season is the timing. This is probably the least exciting draft in decades and the Jets will finally have a top 5 pick.

lattimore injury killed that? and clowney is next yr yikes

I do. What could happen any better than a nice top 3 pick for the new regime? If Woody leaves Tanny and Rex it won't matter who or where we pick. But our new GM and new HC could use a nice top 3 pick.

If the goal is to get a new GM and whole new coaching staff, then yes, losing out will do that. Even Rex can't survive such a debacle and it will be interesting how Woody reacts now that he can concentrate on football after losing a ton of money in the election.

Well, the season is lost so I guess the best thing to do is to position the team for the following year. We're not contenders, plain and simple.

#1 on my list arent even players/draft picks. Its coaching and personnel. This is where our problems really stem. Sparano was a bad decision and I knew it from jump though of course I give the benefit of the doubt after I throw my fit about it. Rex Ryan not being able to make tough decision (sitting sanchez) is another thing. Not having an impact draft pick in over a half decade also points out the personnel, coaching and GM.

We need change on the coaching staff, and front office.

Yes everybody must go. Then gift wrap a nice fresh crispy top 3 draft pick for the new regime. They could use it or trade it for more picks. Maybe we might even get a guy that might know something about who to draft? Maybe just maybe. Im kinda excited to be honest.

If losing out results in Jarvis Jones, then sign me up!!!

Worst part about having this sh*tty of a season is the timing. This is probably the least exciting draft in decades and the Jets will finally have a top 5 pick.

Top 3 is the goal. Truth is it's always been a bad ddraft year for the Jets since Manigini left. So if we have a new regime that has some football smarts we might get a player that can actually...uh PLAY?

Top 3 is the goal. Truth is it's always been a bad ddraft year for the Jets since Manigini left. So if we have a new regime that has some football smarts we might get a player that can actually...uh PLAY?

Top 3 this yr and top 2 next yr will be needed, the whole team almost needs to be waived. Clowney will be best defensive prospect since Peppers.

If the goal is to get a new GM and whole new coaching staff, then yes, losing out will do that. Even Rex can't survive such a debacle and it will be interesting how Woody reacts now that he can concentrate on football after losing a ton of money in the election.

Rex is proving every week he is not the man we thought he was. He was a good a coupld years with another coaches team. Now he has put his stamp on this team and it's in the shape of a clowns ass. New GM, new coach top 3 pick. It's a start.

Top 3 this yr and top 2 next yr will be needed, the whole team almost needs to be waived. Clowney will be best defensive prospect since Peppers.

Not true. Team is in meltdown mode. We get a new coach and some talent and a nice top 3 pick we could at least be on the mend. Now we our a gigantic turd....

They should, which means they won't. The Jets will be sure to pick up a handful of meaningless wins against the likes of the Jags just to make sure they get a worse pick, probably save Tanny's (and maybe Rex's) job and then to top it off, it will probably come around the same time Tebow comes in to mop up the season, making sure he is given an opportunity to waste a few more years of our football watching lives with even more crappy QB play. It should be exciting stuff.

Not all top 3 picks are created equally.

it's a weak draft at the top end in 2013. They are saying Luke Joekel could go first.

they don't need to lose out to get Jarvis Jones. In fact, with his injury history, they could go 8-8 and still get him probably.

Hey, stop pissing on my optimism.

They should, which means they won't. The Jets will be sure to pick up a handful of meaningless wins against the likes of the Jags just to make sure they get a worse pick, probably save Tanny's (and maybe Rex's) job and then to top it off, it will probably come around the same time Tebow comes in to mop up the season, making sure he is given an opportunity to waste a few more years of our football watching lives with even more crappy QB play. It should be exciting stuff.

Exaqctly why Tebow can never start a game. One win and then all the hype crap associated with it and BAM... we are picking in the 8-14 wasteland. COME ON MARK BRING US TO THE PROMISE LAND... WE BELIEVE

lattimore injury killed that? and clowney is next yr yikes

There literally isnt a single prospect that I'm drooling over outside of Jones.

This draft sucks. Warren at FSU is intriguing, Mingo at LSU - there's like, ok prospect, but nobody that makes you jump out your shoes you want so bad...

There literally isnt a single prospect that I'm drooling over outside of Jones.

This draft sucks. Warren at FSU is intriguing, Mingo at LSU - there's like, ok prospect, but nobody that makes you jump out your shoes you want so bad...

Fine we get it and trade it for a pick the following year. Mark iwll lose us 10-13 games next year too.

Not all top 3 picks are created equally.

it's a weak draft at the top end in 2013. They are saying Luke Joekel could go first.

they don't need to lose out to get Jarvis Jones. In fact, with his injury history, they could go 8-8 and still get him probably.

Jones is a risky pick, especially for a team that already has a defense that is at least playoff caliber with Revis coming back. They have to go O O O.

lol can we trade it?

Fine we get it and trade it for a pick the following year. Mark iwll lose us 10-13 games next year too.

Its the ideal year to do it. sh*tty top end and a team desperate for talent at every single level of every single unit. Need someone willing to trade though...

Its the ideal year to do it. sh*tty top end and a team desperate for talent at every single level of every single unit. Need someone willing to trade though...

With the new rookie cap those top 5 picks are actually worth having again. Mark could not pick a better time to lead us to two straight top 3 pick seasons. Makes his back to back AFC championship losses look like chump change. Kid has arrived. Personally I think back to back top 3 picks are a lock if we keep him in.; He's got the goods.

With the new rookie cap those top 5 picks are actually worth having again. Mark could not pick a better time to lead us to two straight top 3 pick seasons. Makes his back to back AFC championship losses look like chump change. Kid has arrived. Personally I think back to back top 3 picks are a lock if we keep him in.; He's got the goods.

This is true. Forgot about that. In that case, we should trade every single player of value for as many 1st rounders as possible. lol

Trade Revis to Chefs or Jags for next yrs #1 and a #2 pick this yr

Do it.

Yes everybody must go. Then gift wrap a nice fresh crispy top 3 draft pick for the new regime. They could use it or trade it for more picks. Maybe we might even get a guy that might know something about who to draft? Maybe just maybe. Im kinda excited to be honest.

Is there any possibility that we can get a tony dungy or whats this other guys name that looks like the chucky doll? Used to coach the Bucs? We need a leader and I think that going from a loud mouth Rex to a silent yet effective Dungy may be the call. The problem that I think the Jets have is that outside of Parcells it seems like no good coach wants to involve themselves with this franchise. What the hell did this franchise do to get such a rep?

This is true. Forgot about that. In that case, we should trade every single player of value for as many 1st rounders as possible. lol

Do it.

id trade revis for some first rounders in a heart beat. I just wish this draft didnt suck i say we vacate it trade everyone and have a billion first round picks for the next 2 years draft

No. We don;t want no picks until Tanny is gone. No reason to panic. Sanchez will earn us those top three picks. Let's not trade what little talent we have.,

well hopefully Tanny is fired and new GM fires Rex, i do not think a new GM has stomach big enuff to watch sanchez play for 16 games.

Archived