Does anyone else think losing out is for the best?

The Crusher

If losing out results in Jarvis Jones, then sign me up!!!

Worst part about having this sh*tty of a season is the timing. This is probably the least exciting draft in decades and the Jets will finally have a top 5 pick.

Reminds me of the Gholston year. Ugh. Turns out I was in attendance for the worst win in Jets history. If we had just lost to the Raiders we could have Matt Ryan right now. Say what you will about him but at least he's a really good regular season QB.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK then I'm thinking of the wrong game. Definitely saw a home game against the Raiders in the last year of the Herm era. Maybe we lost that game.

The Gholston draft wasn't following the last year of the Herm era, it was after Mangini's 2nd year. The year after Herm was when they drafted Brick.... and they did beat the Raiders at home that season.

I do. What could happen any better than a nice top 3 pick for the new regime? If Woody leaves Tanny and Rex it won't matter who or where we pick. But our new GM and new HC could use a nice top 3 pick.

i just wanna see us beat the Pats or injure Brady :D

You can't root for losses or injuries. It's un-American.

That said, you'd hope the next GM will be good enough to find a big-time player, whether he's picking at #3 or #16.

Shut up. I'm rooting for us to lose every single game. I'm rooting for Tanny and Rex to be fired. I'm rooting for Sanchez to stay healthy enough to gurantee these losses with his ability to snatch defeat form the jaws of victory.

If you had a single sexy cell in your body you would jion me.

Shut up. I'm rooting for us to lose every single game. I'm rooting for Tanny and Rex to be fired. I'm rooting for Sanchez to stay healthy enough to gurantee these losses with his ability to snatch defeat form the jaws of victory.

If you had a single sexy cell in your body you would jion me.

I'm in. Unless its Tebow Time.

I do. What could happen any better than a nice top 3 pick for the new regime? If Woody leaves Tanny and Rex it won't matter who or where we pick. But our new GM and new HC could use a nice top 3 pick.

Ehh, there's not a single top three pick on the offensive side of the ball that's really worth it, besides possibly Geno Smith who will go first overall to the chiefs most likely and we'd be stuck with a choice of yet another USC sh*tbrick. Jarvis jones could actually change this defense entirely though; it's become quite clear that the number one and two positions in the NFL are elite QB and elite Passrusher. We have neither lol.

Ehh, there's not a single top three pick on the offensive side of the ball that's really worth it, besides possibly Geno Smith who will go first overall to the chiefs most likely and we'd be stuck with a choice of yet another USC sh*tbrick. Jarvis jones could actually change this defense entirely though; it's become quite clear that the number one and two positions in the NFL are elite QB and elite Passrusher. We have neither lol.

Yeah but with a top three pick and the new rookie cap we could deal and stockpile picks for the next year. The key is to get rid of the front office and get someone in who could actually,, uh sorta draft some FREAKING talent. We are dead next year with Sanchez anyhow. So that's another top 3 pick. By 2014 we could draft a QB and pass rusher. YES YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. Really exciting if you give it a minute to sink in.

The Jets will blow it, just like the season that lead to the Golston pick. Won a meaningless game and have use Draft 6th. They will dash your hopes even when you want them to be bad.

Personally "can't wait" to see the back of Bart Scott, Pace, over paid Harris, Holmes, Shonn Greene, Sanchez, Tanny and now Rex.

If losing out results in Jarvis Jones, then sign me up!!!

Worst part about having this sh*tty of a season is the timing. This is probably the least exciting draft in decades and the Jets will finally have a top 5 pick.

This

Both QB's are very risky prospects, no sure thing like last year, and what I wouldn't do to have the 1st pick next season so we could get Clowney, he is the next Ware, Peppers, Suh, type dominant pass rusher, only a few of these guys come along kinda like the Peyton, Luck QB sure things but on D. Give Rex Clowney, and Revis, and we could be looking at an all time great D, but somehow that would have to be Rex at D Coordinator which will never happen.

Jets go 5-11, they beat the Bills week 17 which drops them from 4th pick to 9th, Rex gets fired, Tanny does not, Rex gets a HC job with the Eagles, Tannenbaum hires Andy Reid, we sign Vick to be our QB, Sanchez rides the pine while making 10 million.

Gets better, Tanny trades Revis to Philly for their 1st rounder, DRC, and DJack, we use our 2 1st round picks on 2 "Wide 9" DE's to fit what Reid wants to do on D, and we watch Vick throw/scramble 80% of the offensive snaps while DJax, and Holmes bitch, and complain about not getting enough balls, this lasts 2 years the Jets finally sh*t can Tanny for some unproven GM who than goes, and hires the next young hot shot HC who drafts the next Mark Sanchez clone in the 1st round, repeat some version of the last 43 years during said QB's 3-5 year tenure, and continue to repeat over, and over, and over, and over....... I think you get the point here.

Oh, and by the way Nick Foles, L McCoy, Rex Ryan, D Revis, N Asomouagh, and the Eagles win 2 SB's in that 5-7 year Span using G&P, and the top rated D in the NFL just to ****ing stick it to us Jets fans even worse!

Yeah but with a top three pick and the new rookie cap we could deal and stockpile picks for the next year. The key is to get rid of the front office and get someone in who could actually,, uh sorta draft some FREAKING talent. We are dead next year with Sanchez anyhow. So that's another top 3 pick. By 2014 we could draft a QB and pass rusher. YES YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. Really exciting if you give it a minute to sink in.

Lol true. The rather unfortunate thing here is that the 90% of the top 10 picks are all on the defensive side of the ball and most of them are studs. Star Lotulelei is the next Ngata, Jonathan Hankins is an absolute stud, Jarvis jones is a better play-making von miller, Mingo nd Monty have all the physical tools in the world...it's hard for us to justify picking any of the defensive tackles, considering that's what we've spent the last two years, which is why if Jones is there he's our pick without a doubt. I just unfortunately feel that we're going to have a terrible record, but not bad enough to draft any of the few elite players available. I really just depress myself every time i try to respond on here and sound positive..there is no positive, we're in football purgatory for another 1.5 years.

then ship this team to LA mon, maybe get an expansion team with a new name mon

Sucks there's not gonna be an SEC team in the BCS. As much as I hate Bama (well, only since saban left LSU and joined you guys) I'd rather them be in it to show those damned PAC-10 fans they can't compete. Anyways, did you start shtupin a Jamaican or something??

Archived