•  

Photo
- - - - -

Does anyone else think losing out is for the best?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#26 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 35,545 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

lol can we trade it?

Fine we get it and trade it for a pick the following year. Mark iwll lose us 10-13 games next year too.

Its the ideal year to do it. sh*tty top end and a team desperate for talent at every single level of every single unit. Need someone willing to trade though...
Posted Image

#27 The Crusher

The Crusher

Woof

• Moderators
  • 27,852 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Its the ideal year to do it. sh*tty top end and a team desperate for talent at every single level of every single unit. Need someone willing to trade though...

With the new rookie cap those top 5 picks are actually worth having again. Mark could not pick a better time to lead us to two straight top 3 pick seasons. Makes his back to back AFC championship losses look like chump change. Kid has arrived. Personally I think back to back top 3 picks are a lock if we keep him in.; He's got the goods.

unclerico.gif

#28 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,667 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Trade Revis to Chefs or Jags for next yrs #1 and a #2 pick this yr

#29 The Crusher

The Crusher

Woof

• Moderators
  • 27,852 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

No. We don;t want no picks until Tanny is gone. No reason to panic. Sanchez will earn us those top three picks. Let's not trade what little talent we have.,

unclerico.gif

#30 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 35,545 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

With the new rookie cap those top 5 picks are actually worth having again. Mark could not pick a better time to lead us to two straight top 3 pick seasons. Makes his back to back AFC championship losses look like chump change. Kid has arrived. Personally I think back to back top 3 picks are a lock if we keep him in.; He's got the goods.

This is true. Forgot about that. In that case, we should trade every single player of value for as many 1st rounders as possible. lol

Do it.
Posted Image

#31 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

Snacks

• Members
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Yes everybody must go. Then gift wrap a nice fresh crispy top 3 draft pick for the new regime. They could use it or trade it for more picks. Maybe we might even get a guy that might know something about who to draft? Maybe just maybe. Im kinda excited to be honest.

Is there any possibility that we can get a tony dungy or whats this other guys name that looks like the chucky doll? Used to coach the Bucs? We need a leader and I think that going from a loud mouth Rex to a silent yet effective Dungy may be the call. The problem that I think the Jets have is that outside of Parcells it seems like no good coach wants to involve themselves with this franchise. What the hell did this franchise do to get such a rep?

Elite WR Scout

(From My Couch)

#32 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

This is true. Forgot about that. In that case, we should trade every single player of value for as many 1st rounders as possible. lol

Do it.

id trade revis for some first rounders in a heart beat. I just wish this draft didnt suck i say we vacate it trade everyone and have a billion first round picks for the next 2 years draft

#33 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

Snacks

• Members
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Right about now it may be a great idea to trade Revis. If we clean house there's no need to ruin Revis chance at a championship.

Elite WR Scout

(From My Couch)

#34 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,667 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

No. We don;t want no picks until Tanny is gone. No reason to panic. Sanchez will earn us those top three picks. Let's not trade what little talent we have.,

well hopefully Tanny is fired and new GM fires Rex, i do not think a new GM has stomach big enuff to watch sanchez play for 16 games.

#35 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

They aren't gonna trade for Revis. They need QB's.
Tank for Teddy.

#36 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 44,661 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

If losing out results in Jarvis Jones, then sign me up!!!

Worst part about having this sh*tty of a season is the timing. This is probably the least exciting draft in decades and the Jets will finally have a top 5 pick.

Reminds me of the Gholston year. Ugh. Turns out I was in attendance for the worst win in Jets history. If we had just lost to the Raiders we could have Matt Ryan right now. Say what you will about him but at least he's a really good regular season QB.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 12 November 2012 - 03:04 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#37 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,667 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

They aren't gonna trade for Revis. They need QB's.

Chaka khan has cap space and bucks and needs another star

#38 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

Chaka khan has cap space and bucks and needs another star

He needs a QB.
Tank for Teddy.

#39 JohnnyHector

JohnnyHector

Where? In the car?

• Members
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Turns out I was in attendance for the worst win in Jets history. If we had just lost to the Raiders we could have Matt Ryan right now.

That game must have left a real lasting impression... considering that it was against the Chiefs, not the Raiders.
Posted Image

#40 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 44,661 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

That game must have left a real lasting impression... considering that it was against the Chiefs, not the Raiders.

OK then I'm thinking of the wrong game. Definitely saw a home game against the Raiders in the last year of the Herm era. Maybe we lost that game.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#41 JohnnyHector

JohnnyHector

Where? In the car?

• Members
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

OK then I'm thinking of the wrong game. Definitely saw a home game against the Raiders in the last year of the Herm era. Maybe we lost that game.

The Gholston draft wasn't following the last year of the Herm era, it was after Mangini's 2nd year. The year after Herm was when they drafted Brick.... and they did beat the Raiders at home that season.
Posted Image

#42 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,667 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

Hermie won that game and Al Davis lost it on purpose, he played a stiff at QB that day

#43 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,518 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

id trade revis for some first rounders in a heart beat.

Revis is a once in a generation player. any trade involving this player, the Jets are getting ripped off.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#44 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Revis is a once in a generation player. any trade involving this player, the Jets are getting ripped off.

What would you rather have? A good/not great QB or a once in a generation CB? The QB wins you more games.
Tank for Teddy.

#45 Matt39

Matt39

damn you're smooth

• Members
  • 20,444 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

http://www.nfl.com/g...recap#tab=recap

ugh

#46 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

You can't root for losses or injuries. It's un-American.

That said, you'd hope the next GM will be good enough to find a big-time player, whether he's picking at #3 or #16.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#47 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

yea but i think we could get almost equal value from cro for much less and gain more

#48 khesanh

khesanh

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Jones is a risky pick, especially for a team that already has a defense that is at least playoff caliber with Revis coming back. They have to go O O O.

Agreed, I like both the Line from Texas A & M would love to get one of those guys

#49 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Banned
  • 32,203 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

I do. What could happen any better than a nice top 3 pick for the new regime? If Woody leaves Tanny and Rex it won't matter who or where we pick. But our new GM and new HC could use a nice top 3 pick.

i just wanna see us beat the Pats or injure Brady :D
"i'll rock forever....or at least until the Jets win the Superbowl" - Chino XL (1995)

#50 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,667 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

getting older and cant afford him, unless andrew luck is coming thru that door. Revis is done with jets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users