Bring on the Rivers.

SenorGato

Why do JETS fans want unsuccessful players and coaches to join the team ?

Last week their was a topic about bringing in Sean Payton..who happens to have had his contract voided by the NFL, and was suspended for a year..reaaallll goood choice to replace Ryan.

Now, Rivers who has sh*t the bed in San Diego.. bring him here.. HUH ?

Rex go back to running the defense and calling all plays. Bring a slinger like Rivers, and get him a talent at wide out... not some 5'9" bum with a bad attitude. He will put points up on the board, unlike Sanchez. We would have a shot.. at least a whole hell of a lot better than what pathetic thing it is we are doing this season.

Jets qb will be from this bunch:

Jason Campbell

Rex Grossman

Byron Leftwich

Go crazy folks. go crazy.

IF, IF Sparano is still here next season, Matt Moore would be the QB I would give the highest percentage to be the Jets starting QB in 2013, outside of the current 3 QB's on the roster now.

Eevn if the new GM or HC wanted to make that move, Tannenbaum pretty much precluded it by extending and guaranteeing Pick 6 for 2013. Better idea-who is that Rich Gannon/Vinny Testaverde old pro who is looking to start and blocked or misused?

Last week their was a topic about bringing in Sean Payton..who happens to have had his contract voided by the NFL, and was suspended for a year..reaaallll goood choice to replace Ryan.

This might be one of the most uninformed posts I've ever read on this site. Seriously.

This might be one of the most uninformed posts I've ever read on this site. Seriously.

Why is that.. it is pure fact.

Last week, or the other day was a thread calling for the JETS to bring in Payton as HC.. and this week to bring in Rivers.

What you wrote is the stupidest thing I have read today, that MY post about the idiotic premise of bringing in people who have

failed on other teams, or who are dealing with charges is a good thing for the JETS is spot on, and I don't need you or anyone like you

to validate it..

Since you don't *get* it.. You resort to "most *uniformed*" What exactly is uninformed about my post.. How do you even get "uniformed" from an opinion based statement ? Are you , or were you a special ed kid ?

I read an idiotic comment about Michael Vick on ESPN from a JETS *fan*.. who wanted to bring Vick to the JETS..

I don't want to believe it, but I am starting to think the main problem JETS fans have is they aren't really very smart.

Why is that.. it is pure fact.

Last week, or the other day was a thread calling for the JETS to bring in Payton as HC.. and this week to bring in Rivers.

What you wrote is the stupidest thing I have read today, that MY post about the idiotic premise of bringing in people who have

failed on other teams, or who are dealing with charges is a good thing for the JETS is spot on, and I don't need you or anyone like you

to validate it..

Since you don't *get* it.. You resort to "most *uniformed*" What exactly is uninformed about my post.. How do you even get "uniformed" from an opinion based statement ? Are you , or were you a special ed kid ?

I read an idiotic comment about Michael Vick on ESPN from a JETS *fan*.. who wanted to bring Vick to the JETS..

I don't want to believe it, but I am starting to think the main problem JETS fans have is they aren't really very smart.

Payton didn't fail with the Saints. He turned them into a SuperBowl team. He is suspended for something his assistant did. Everything else you are saying is really pointless.

Your premise is Jets fans want to bring in people that fail with other teams, then cite Payton who helped the Saints a team much maligned like the Jets win the SB. Then you cite Phillip Rivers who has done nothing but be successful in this league so far and who is far-and-away a better QB than anyone that has played that position for the Jets since Testaverde.

Your point stopped being a point, when you gave examples that contradicted it. Derp.

You also called your post "pure fact" and "opinion based" in the same post. Then have the audacity to called me special ed? In the midst of you barely being able to form sentences. Really?

Irony of all this is that from rumors back then, the Jets had already struck a deal with Chargers to get Rivers (I forget deal, #1 and more picks I think). But Brees went down with shoulder injury in last SD game and SD called off trade and kept Rivers.

Rest is history. Brees to NO, Rivers stays in SD and we get 'La Cucaracha'.

Payton didn't fail with the Saints. He turned them into a SuperBowl team. He is suspended for something his assistant did. Everything else you are saying is really pointless.

Your premise is Jets fans want to bring in people that fail with other teams, then cite Payton who helped the Saints a team much maligned like the Jets win the SB. Then you cite Phillip Rivers who has done nothing but be successful in this league so far and who is far-and-away a better QB than anyone that has played that position for the Jets since Testaverde.

Your point stopped being a point, when you gave examples that contradicted it. Derp.

You also called your post "pure fact" and "opinion based" in the same post. Then have the audacity to called me special ed? In the midst of you barely being able to form sentences. Really?

POW!!!

Because the guys we have are effin horrible! Almost anyone would be an upgrade

First time I've ever heard of such a rumor...

Ya, long time ago, rumors at time of course (2005). SD had to unload Brees or Rivers. It appeared Brees might survive but then he got hurt last game of season. Rumor was SD was talking to Jets/Bills/Bucs at time to trade Rivers to.

Brees was free agent so picked his own team, aka NO.

Wrong.. You equate Payton with success even though he is serving a suspension for cheating. It doesn't matter if he was brilliant in his craft, yet had no idea his assistant (who the league is happy allowing back at present) was paying to have players injured.. yeah, ok.

He is the BB of the bayou..and it is a fact that he is, in fact, serving *time* right now.. so your argument that he is whatever is your argument, my statement is based in the same reality as water is wet, etc.

As for Phyliss Rivers, he may weather the fire Norv Turner storm, but his chain is pretty short.. the fact in that case is he hasn't *improved* into what the rest of the league calls an *elite* QB, and for whatever reason..like another poster said, maybe he chews the same sh*t as Romo or whatever, because they are very similar in not being able to get it done.

We can continue on if you want.. I just take exception to having to buy into BS, when it isn't the case at all.

I think the jury has to be out on Payton, regardless of whether or not you and I both think he is great (which in fact I do think he is a great coach) and probably had zero involvement in what probably goes on all the time in one way or another (bounties etc.) none of that matters presently.. I just find it odd that acquiring him and/or Rivers is some sort of topic on this board. I know the situation is bleak..but damn..

BTW, monkey... Just because you don't like reading, doesn't make what someone says pointless..My opinion was not whether Payton cheated, or Rivers is missing something but was that JETS fans for some reason are willing to go after second rate or leftover people even though its been multiple decades since they were in a SB.

Archived