Coples and Hill

stoicsentry

Did Hill even play in week 10? He's definitely shown flashes of #1 potential this season but I didn't see him once in week 10.

As for Coples, anyone else impressed by his play in week 10? Didn't register much on the stat sheet, though he did have 1 TFL... but I thought he was very involved in busting up the Seattle o-line and bringing pressure on the QB.

Both proudly following in the footsteps of Kyle Wilson. All bustaroonies!

You think so?

I think Coples and Hill will both have decent careers. Wilson, maybe not as much, but I don't think any of the 3 are "busts". Wilson definitely didn't live up to 1st round billing but he's not that bad either. He's been our starting CB for most of the year and it's not like we're getting killed through the air.

As to this particular game though, you don't think Coples had a good game?

Hill's inability to catch is worrisome. Again, I compare him to Braylon. Lets hope that he fixes his problem. Cause its kind of a huge one.

Agreed, but I think basically what you're looking at is a Braylon Edwards type talent without the downside of being a moron and a headcase. I'll take that type of player on my team.

Agreed, but I think basically what you're looking at is a Braylon Edwards type talent without the downside of being a moron and a headcase. I'll take that type of player on my team.

Oh, I absolutely agree. He seems like a good human in comparison. But he is a football player that makes his pay checks via receiving the ball... yet, he has a problem... receiving the ball. I really hope he works on it and gets it done. Cause his upside seemed huge at one point.

dude. Uggs are sale. ON SALE! and you're gonna get all..."Spam!" Apparently you haven't worn these things without socks. mmmm....warm and toasty.

You do realise these are worn by Tom Lady..

No Red blooded Male should "Ever" wear these fashion abominations, unless you lurk on Brady websites checking for his next fashion tip like his resent Ladies Spex and flasher mac with shaved chest..

Did Hill even play in week 10? He's definitely shown flashes of #1 potential this season but I didn't see him once in week 10.

As for Coples, anyone else impressed by his play in week 10? Didn't register much on the stat sheet, though he did have 1 TFL... but I thought he was very involved in busting up the Seattle o-line and bringing pressure on the QB.

I wish I saw these flashes of Hill being a #1 WR that you speak of.

Coples is going to be a stud.

Its Tebow Time!

Keller was open for the double pump throw not the triple pump throw. It was one pump too many!

That is why Sanchez is a 3 pump chump....

Coples had his best game, he is allowed to talk about beating our next opponent and playoffs and stuff to the media and stuff.

That thing on his arm is probably the most disturbing thing I have ever seen on an arm. Looks like a turd except worse....

if you watch the replay of the Keller "triple pump" interception

#84 was wide open in the back of the end zone. Wide friggin open. He's waving his arms like crazy.

Ya saw that, it was obvious keller was #1 option on that route as he stared him down

1) Keller was wide open from beginning

2) after 2 pumps Hill was wide open, since he was 2nd or 3rd option never a look

3) QB 101 and posters blame Schott/MattC for this garbage QB

4) Bradford looks very good, so the theory that schotty would ruin him is way offbase

5) Cant wait for Sunday

Coples is decent could turn out to be good, could be a JAG. Carroll pretty much blasted the entire Jets dline for being lazy and Coples definitely falls into that.

What? Well then Carroll doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. They had multiple sacks, pressures, knockdowns, forced fumbles and even a touchdown. Coples and Wilkerson were active and involved... DeVito did his best Kris Jenkins impression on one play, completely blowing up the offensive line and wrapping up the running back like he was 4 feet tall.

What? Well then Carroll doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. They had multiple sacks, pressures, knockdowns, forced fumbles and even a touchdown. Coples and Wilkerson were active and involved... DeVito did his best Kris Jenkins impression on one play, completely blowing up the offensive line and wrapping up the running back like he was 4 feet tall.

They certainly did seem to run out of gas.

Hill played the most of any receiver (63%) and did nothing but the whole offense stunk so he just fit right in with the rest of the crew. Coples for whatever reason only played 42% of the snaps despite seeming to do alot of good when he was in. Seeing him making plays I assumed he played more than that but Rex went with the "veteran pride" approach and took snaps away from Coples and Davis to give to Scott and Thomas. In fairness Thomas played pretty well and Scott was ok too. With the season over though there is no need to play anyone but the young guys.

http://nyjetscap.com/2012_Post/jetsseahawksplaytime.html

Hill played the most of any receiver (63%) and did nothing but the whole offense stunk so he just fit right in with the rest of the crew. Coples for whatever reason only played 42% of the snaps despite seeming to do alot of good when he was in. Seeing him making plays I assumed he played more than that but Rex went with the "veteran pride" approach and took snaps away from Coples and Davis to give to Scott and Thomas. In fairness Thomas played pretty well and Scott was ok too. With the season over though there is no need to play anyone but the young guys.

http://nyjetscap.com...ksplaytime.html

You don't think that Coples and Davis give some up against the run compared to the vets?

http://nyjetscap.com...ksplaytime.html

I'm surprised as well. He was pretty disruptive every time I saw him in the game. A couple good pressures, one with a swat on Wilson's throw, tackle for loss. Blew a couple of run plays up well too.

And I agree it times to play the kids, but Rex wont. He still believes.

You don't think that Coples and Davis give some up against the run compared to the vets?

I dont know if Coples does. He's been pretty effective from what I've seen. I'd like to see the stats on his run stopping efficiency. Davis probably does vs. a team like Seattle with a power back who runs between the tackles.

I'm surprised as well. He was pretty disruptive every time I saw him in the game. A couple good pressures, one with a swat on Wilson's throw, tackle for loss. Blew a couple of run plays up well too.

And I agree it times to play the kids, but Rex wont. He still believes.

I dont know if Coples does. He's been pretty effective from what I've seen. I'd like to see the stats on his run stopping efficiency. Davis probably does vs. a team like Seattle with a power back who runs between the tackles.

I'm not sure myself. Physically I think they both can be fine against the run, but a lot of it is gap discipline. New guys will tend to give something up compared to old school run stoppers like Devito and Scott. I think Pouha coming back and the fact those guys seemed to be getting worn out contributed to the rotation. I'd be pissed if he played 25%, but somewhere in the 40's doesn't seem unreasonable.

Archived