John Elway admits getting rid of Tebow was a must.

JetsFanInDenver

John Elway admits signing Peyton was a risk, getting rid of Tebow was a must

November 13, 2012

by Paul Jackiewicz

Denver Broncos executive vice president of football operations John Elway told USA TODAY Sports that when they signed Peyton Manning they felt like it was a risk worth taking despite all the neck procedures he underwent.

“The risk was no one really knew about Peyton. There were so many unanswered questions. We went through the process, got all the information we can, talked to the doctors, and decided it was a risk worth taking. And it’s worked out,” Elway said.

Elway says it was a tough decision to get rid of Tim Tebow.

“It was a tough situation,” Elway said, “There are Tebow fans and there are Broncos fans. My responsibility is to the Broncos fans, and my responsibility is to (owner) Pat Bowlen and what he wants to do, and that’s win championships. I base all my decisions on that.

“It’s difficult not to get personal, because every kid that comes in, it’s his dream to play. But the bottom line is, my responsibility that Pat’s given me, is to give him the best opportunity to hoist that trophy.”

Elway acknowledges they couldn’t have kept Tebow have run two separate offenses.

“With Peyton being here, we couldn’t have two different offenses,” he said. “We couldn’t have a backup quarterback with a totally different offense. We wanted to get back to where everyone was learning the same offense.”

It’s certainly makes plenty of sense to bring in a potential Hall of Famer over keeping a player like Tebow.

Link:

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/john-elways-admits-signing-peyton-was-a-risk-getting-rid-of-tebow-was-a-must/

Someone has to explain the point of this article to me. In words.

Denver's record is identical to what it was last year at this time, except they have one less loss..and Elway was chompin at the bit to claim victory with his getting rid of Tebow.

This is the same Elway that said Orton gave the Broncos the best chance to win.

Of course we don't know if his getting rid of Tebow was a good move because Manning has remained healthy. If Peyton is injured and they go to a disaster of a back up situation, he is going to look like a fool when he traded away a guy that won a playoff game for him the previous season.

Um, no sh*t. They were going to go after Peyton Manning.

It was the smartest move by John Elway for himself personally and the team.

Elway has been treated like a Saint till Tebow came along. Then he had to retract his words, was on the defensive when it was even misconstrued int he slightest possible way that he said something against Tebow. Its like suddenly he had no credibility with a HUGE section of the Broncos fan base. So to protect his own creditliy in Bronco nation and also to have a team in place that had a legit shot at a championship he got rid of Tebow. It couldn't have been a more desperate situation for him to get rid of Tebow. And for that the JETS sent him a 4th and a 6th and picked up 2.5 mill in salary. Genius move by Elway!

John Elway admits signing Peyton was a risk, getting rid of Tebow was a must

November 13, 2012

by Paul Jackiewicz

Denver Broncos executive vice president of football operations John Elway told USA TODAY Sports that when they signed Peyton Manning they felt like it was a risk worth taking despite all the neck procedures he underwent.

“The risk was no one really knew about Peyton. There were so many unanswered questions. We went through the process, got all the information we can, talked to the doctors, and decided it was a risk worth taking. And it’s worked out,” Elway said.

Elway says it was a tough decision to get rid of Tim Tebow.

“It was a tough situation,” Elway said, “There are Tebow fans and there are Broncos fans. My responsibility is to the Broncos fans, and my responsibility is to (owner) Pat Bowlen and what he wants to do, and that’s win championships. I base all my decisions on that.

“It’s difficult not to get personal, because every kid that comes in, it’s his dream to play. But the bottom line is, my responsibility that Pat’s given me, is to give him the best opportunity to hoist that trophy.”

Elway acknowledges they couldn’t have kept Tebow have run two separate offenses.

“With Peyton being here, we couldn’t have two different offenses,” he said. “We couldn’t have a backup quarterback with a totally different offense. We wanted to get back to where everyone was learning the same offense.”

It’s certainly makes plenty of sense to bring in a potential Hall of Famer over keeping a player like Tebow.

Link:

http://profootballzo...bow-was-a-must/

We needed someone to tell us this ? You could tell by Elways expressions on the field he was not thrilled with Tebow in any way.

Denver's record is identical to what it was last year at this time, except they have one less loss..

They also played the toughest schedule in the NFL in the 1st half of the season. Now that it's about to get easy, and the defense has come around, they're gonna go on a roll. Expect 11-12 wins for that team and a 1st round bye.

Last year they were a nice story, going from 1-4 to the Divisional Round of the playoffs. This year they're a legit Super Bowl contender. I think I like them even better than Houston at this point. Think Peyton is more scared of J.J. Watt than Schaub is of Von Miller? I don't.

They also played the toughest schedule in the NFL in the 1st half of the season. Now that it's about to get easy, and the defense has come around, they're gonna go on a roll. Expect 11-12 wins for that team and a 1st round bye.

Last year they were a nice story, going from 1-4 to the Divisional Round of the playoffs. This year they're a legit Super Bowl contender. I think I like them even better than Houston at this point. Think Peyton is more scared of J.J. Watt than Schaub is of Von Miller? I don't.

He probably should be.. but you're probably right..

Archived