Tebow the terrible. Jets mates rip QB - Mehta

Sperm Edwards

If I admit that was wrong will you admit that Schotty wasn't the problem?

I never had a real Schotty problem. I was never enamored, but I thought that he could co-exist with teh Jets.

My fault, in a BIG way, was ever giving Rex Ryan as long of a leash as I did. At one time I thought he was a breath of fresh air. I guess my first hint was when he cam in as a defensive expert, and the Jets could never seem to close down those final drives with his defense.

The man is a fraud and a very poor leader based on what we see on the field and off it.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keller, Sanchez, The linebackers as a group, the offensive line as a unit, Shonn Greene, John Conner, etc, etc.

Yup, there are so many players that are hitting their ceiling, it makes your head spin. And the uncovered gems that they pick up and help excel, man these guys are great.

The total reason this team is devoid of leadership, a future, a direction is heaped totally on Sanchez and Tannenbaum.

The fix is sooo easy.

Sanchez as an example is a joke. There was never any evidence that he would pan out as an NFL QB. He started 16 games at USC, couldn't beat out John David Booty. We didn't ruin Sanchez, we made an awful mistake in drafting him.

Keller is largely a product of Sanchez and not nearly as bad a player as people make him out to be. He's also been hurt. There were question marks about his blocking from day one. We drafted a one dimensional player when we got him, and that's pretty much what we have now. We have a terrible QB throwing him the ball.

The problem with the LBs is age and speed. That's not Rex's fault. He can't make them younger or faster. That's Tannenbaum's fault for not bringing in other players.

Besides spending high picks on two starters, we've been trading away draft picks for years which are usually used to draft offensive lineman and grow them into the system. We've largely ignored the position. That's not Rex either. We also don't have a QB who makes the opponent fear attacking the LOS heavily. Also, not on Rex.

Greene is another 1 dimensional player who we've seen as good in his role (late game) but has no business being a feature back. That's not coaching either. We should have another capable RB on this team. Tanny again.

John Conner is a 5th round full back. The end.

This really isn't a defense of Rex as a coach, it's a condemnation of Tannenbaum and the players, as I've said, Rex's management side of coaching is awful and that alone is enough to cost him his job. Killing Tannenbaum isn't an "easy fix". Tannenbaum is responsible for a ton, and not only do you need to replace him, you need to replace his mistakes. This roster stinks and has a bunch of cinderblock shoes contracts to deal with. It's going to take time, but Tannenbaum 1st and foremost is the only person who's unequivocally proven that he cannot do his job successfully. Tannenbaum is in his 7th season as GM without a Super Bowl appearance.

That is all you needed to say, and we agree. The rest is superfluous.

The difference, I suppose, is that if this offseason brings a replacement GM and a replacement QB (even a hold the fort guy), I will be content. Winning cures all, and I think we've seen Rex win. He doesn't have the tools to do so right now, but we have seen him do impressive work at some point in his HC career. Of course, if this offseason brings a replacement GM, QB, and HC, that's okay too.

The difference, I suppose, is that if this offseason brings a replacement GM and a replacement QB (even a hold the fort guy), I will be content. Winning cures all, and I think we've seen Rex win. He doesn't have the tools to do so right now, but we have seen him do impressive work at some point in his HC career. Of course, if this offseason brings a replacement GM, QB, and HC, that's okay too.

Sanchez has won too, but that does not make him the qb of this team in the future.

This regime needs a tourniquet, and anything short of a makeover at GM and coach will result in continued bleeding that will only delay the inevitable.

Sanchez has won too, but that does not make him the qb of this team in the future.

This regime needs a tourniquet, and anything short of a makeover at GM and coach will result in continued bleeding that will only delay the inevitable.

I knew this would be the response, but I think as a reasonable poster here, you know that when we were winning, it was much more about the defense (rex) and really despite Sanchez.

Archived