Tebow the terrible. Jets mates rip QB - Mehta

Sperm Edwards

It's obvious you've lost your faith in this regime but the facts are unchanged.

They've been more successful than at any other point you've been a fan and they have yet to have a losing season. Perhaps you're letting your emotions get the better of you.

I have had more faith in bad regimes than most fans. I will always try to look for the good in people, to outweigh the bad.

And I have given Rex and co. the same shot. But the facts are becoming overwhelming. Rex is without a clue how an organization should be run. It is not just an x and o thing (which is pretty bad unto itself. His leadership is rudderless.

I am rarely the fan of "blow it up", but in this case, it is the only viable option. It is going to get worse before it gets better.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So once again the only thing that can possibly beat a good defense is a good QB .....Does not matter what sh*t surrounds him hes gonna beat um right ?? I think Most would consider Tom Brady a HOF QB but when hes on the ground in 2 SB's facing the Giants I guess he can win Right ? And hes got some players around him. Name me one WR Pennington played with in Miami you can call a legit #1 funny you didnt mention those stellar stats

I dont care about your rankings or your stats because they dont mean sh*t from week to week thats why we have upsets, thats why we have teams like the Giants winning the SB 2 years when they were barely lucky both times to even get to the playoffs. sh*t happens but its real difficult to say QB's can just eat up elite defenses when they have nothing at WR and cant protect the QB. If a QB does not have playmakers around him he does not have much of a chance to succeed vs an elite defense at all. But you keep sticking up for a team that has done next to nothing to aquire Skill players worth a sh*t on offense. Bring in a rookie QB or a FA and watch Him fail miserably with this putrid offense so you can say he sucks too....thats a great way to handle things.

omg are you still going on about Pennington? The guy was ****ing terrible, give it a rest.

He was a chicken sh*t who played to maximize his completion % instead of team wins. Worst QB in the history of football

We need a good old-fashioned Jeffrey Loria fire-sale.

I don't know.. first thing yesterday morning I thought that might be the case but then I found out Manish went Manish. Pulling old quotes to maximize a slam piece is poor form. Kind of makes it hard to take the rest of the story seriously.

What a bunch of dicks. Even if Tebow isn't half the QB Sanchez is - which is a logical impossibility to be less than half of zero - how many other #2 QBs in the NFL are willing to play multiple positions including being on special teams? Every other #2 QB in the league would tell his HC to f*ck off if it was suggested he play on kick coverage units, every game, all year long, so that the team could fake snap it to him twice.

Kid may not be the QB we need - and he isn't - but this gutless team could use about 4 dozen more with his attitude.

I don't know.. first thing yesterday morning I thought that might be the case but then I found out Manish went Manish. Pulling old quotes to maximize a slam piece is poor form. Kind of makes it hard to take the rest of the story seriously.

Aside from what is being reported in papers (which we should all take with a grain of salt-excpet that it does lead to the further incompetence of the people in charge), are you watching what is taking place on the field? And if so,does it even give you pause to think, maybe something is massively askew with how this organization is run?

Aside from what is being reported in papers (which we should all take with a grain of salt-excpet that it does lead to the further incompetence of the people in charge), are you watching what is taking place on the field? And if so,does it even give you pause to think, maybe something is massively askew with how this organization is run?

You're just nitpicking. Nothing to see here.

nothing+to+see+here.jpg

Tannebaum should be removed. He's had a good run but someone has to answer for the glaring lack of talent on offense. Guaranteeing Sanchez through next year without first having him prove himself was the nail in the coffin.

Tannebaum should be removed. He's had a good run but someone has to answer for the glaring lack of talent on offense. Guaranteeing Sanchez through next year without first having him prove himself was the nail in the coffin.

What are you talking about? I was scolded here repeatedly that it was only $2.5M!

This is going to sting a little bit, but, while Rex is a good guy and his intentions are good, he is a poor leader. he is better cast as "being one of the guys", where he is more comfortable.

I know that hurts

I have had more faith in bad regimes than most fans. I will always try to look for the good in people, to outweigh the bad.

And I have given Rex and co. the same shot. But the facts are becoming overwhelming. Rex is without a clue how an organization should be run. It is not just an x and o thing (which is pretty bad unto itself. His leadership is rudderless.

I am rarely the fan of "blow it up", but in this case, it is the only viable option. It is going to get worse before it gets better.

I disagree. Rex has so many flaws. But the Jets will always have a tough defense if he is the head coach. If you could surround him with a talented roster, he could get it done. Not the perfect situation but it is better than the Jets have had in the past.

Besides no coach in the world will be able to overcome Woody. Does anyone really believe that Tanny wanted Tebow? C'mon. He had just addressed the QB situation, with a backup Stanton and an extension for Sanchez. Then they brought in Tebow without even reading his contract.

I disagree. Rex has so many flaws. But the Jets will always have a tough defense if he is the head coach. If you could surround him with a talented roster, he could get it done. Not the perfect situation but it is better than the Jets have had in the past.

Besides no coach in the world will be able to overcome Woody. Does anyone really believe that Tanny wanted Tebow? C'mon. He had just addressed the QB situation, with a backup Stanton and an extension for Sanchez. Then they brought in Tebow without even reading his contract.

Max I hear ya, BUT

what is going on (last few years, not just this year) with the 3rd down or long yardage Defense?? There has to be some logical explanation. Its odd when he has perennial Top 10 Defenses, that our 3rd down D is bottom 10

I asked Manish whether he thought he was being 'played' by Jet players with hidden agenda..

He almost always DM's me a answer to a question, but in this case he was oddly silent.

I hate when he DM's me...I can't DM back since he doesn't follow me.

Max I hear ya, BUT

what is going on (last few years, not just this year) with the 3rd down or long yardage Defense?? There has to be some logical explanation. Its odd when he has perennial Top 10 Defenses, that our 3rd down D is bottom 10

Eric Smith is to blame. I put that on Tanny as well lol.

This!

Every player right now has to be considered an "asset". The Jets hold these assets and would be doing their organization the best interest in determining of these assets are useful in the future, or should be discarded.

I do not trust the current staff in place to do that evaluation.

Then, once you determine that you actually have assets of use, you need someone that can mold them to fit their talents, and bring their talent to fruition. I definitely don't trust anyone on this staff to do that.

To resurrect this franchise properly, the proper decision makers need to be in place. That is not here right now. Then we can decide which players stay.

Ummm... What?

None of this does anything to acknowledge the fact that you're blaming the play largely on poor coaching when there's no evidence to suggest that most of these players are any good...

Max I hear ya, BUT

New England has had on of the worst D's in the league for years. Their defense is so bad, they make Sanchez look decent. Does that make BB a bad coach?

They're able to overcome attrition on D because of Brady. I think Rex's biggest flaw was he thought the Jets would be able to overcome attrition with Sanchez and his scheme would still yield a great D. Eventually, he'll lose his job because of this.

Let him be the defensive back coach for some organization then.

He can not lead a team. That is overly obvious.

I do not trust this staff to either evaluate talent or develop talent. That is all.

Certainly don't trust tannenbaum with another draft pick, but I'm failing to see anything concrete to make the argument that the coaching staff is inadequate at coaching players.

I think rex's problems are related more towards the management and leadership portion of being a head coach.

Certainly don't trust tannenbaum with another draft pick, but I'm failing to see anything concrete to make the argument that the coaching staff is inadequate at coaching players.

I think rex's problems are related more towards the management and leadership portion of being a head coach.

Exactly what players do you see that since they have come to the Jets, have an upward trajectory of output? Most start out on a plane on then spiral downward.

The lone exceptions would be at the defensive tackle positions where Pouha and DeVito actually made something of themselves.

These players do not seem to be getting coached well.

Exactly what players do you see that since they have come to the Jets, have an upward trajectory of output? Most start out on a plane on then spiral downward.

The lone exceptions would be at the defensive tackle positions where Pouha and DeVito actually made something of themselves.

These players do not seem to be getting coached well.

Cromartie would be another one.

Otherwise, I don't see a single example of a player getting worse since they got here either.

Let him be the defensive back coach for some organization then.

He can not lead a team. That is overly obvious.

I am not sure it is obvious. He lead them pretty far his first two years and he won a Super Bowl with them in his 5th year. Not too bad if you ask me.

Otherwise, I don't see a single example of a player getting worse since they got here either.

Cromartie definitely is having a very good year.

Tanner Purdum as well, his long snapping has improved under Rex's guidance.

Keller, Sanchez, The linebackers as a group, the offensive line as a unit, Shonn Greene, John Conner, etc, etc.

Yup, there are so many players that are hitting their ceiling, it makes your head spin. And the uncovered gems that they pick up and help excel, man these guys are great.

The total reason this team is devoid of leadership, a future, a direction is heaped totally on Sanchez and Tannenbaum.

The fix is sooo easy.

Archived