will schottenheimer get revenge on jets ? ? ?

kelly

An Open Letter to Brian Schottenheimer

Dear Brian,

You were right. I was wrong. For years, I used this space to complain about you. I saw your stubborn play calling. I saw how you came up with a plan and were determined to use it. It wasn't based on your team's strengths or the other team's weaknesses. Surely you wouldn't adjust it even if there was evidence as the game progressed that something else would work better. When young players continued to make the same mistakes over and over, and you didn't correct them, I ranted and raved. I said what you did would never help the Jets win.

You told me to have faith. You were right. I was wrong. Yesterday, your inane play calling truly did help the Jets. Did it matter that your stud running back averaged over 6 yards per carry? Heck no. There was no reason to give him the ball more than 13 times. Why ride a hot back against the 30th ranked run defense in the league when you can throw it 44 times against the fourth ranked passing defense?

I should have seen it when you were here. You only did this like every week in your six years in New York. I didn't appreciate what I had until it was gone. Finally, I saw your genius play calling helping the Jets.

Never change, Schotty. Never change.

> http://www.ganggreennation.com/2012/11/19/3665910/an-open-letter-to-brian-schottenheimer

Archived