•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Tannenbaum defends Tebow Trade

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...n-woody-johnson

Said it was 100% his call. Would like to see Tebow used more.

Gave Rex a vote of confidence.

I'd like someone to ask him to appraise Sparano after 9 games.....
BD

#2 evolwobet

evolwobet

New Kid On The Block

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

Yah, but what sense does it make to get one of the top players TEBOW and put him in the basement? It's like getting a new puppy and locking him in the restroom all day everyday.

PLAY TEBOW NOW!! :wild: :wild:
I will not pay attention to the negative comments and hate directed towards me. I will turn the other cheek and follow Tim's example. He works hard and does everything that is asked. He doesn't deserve this, at all. PLAY HIM!!! OR WATCH THE REST OF THE SEASON GO UP IN FLAMES - AS THOSE PERSECUTORS REAP WHAT THEY HAVE SOWN!!!

#3 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...n-woody-johnson

Said it was 100% his call. Would like to see Tebow used more.

Gave Rex a vote of confidence.

I'd like someone to ask him to appraise Sparano after 9 games.....
BD

Translation: Woody forced him!

Edited by JetsFanInDenver, 15 November 2012 - 07:13 AM.

#4 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Woody forced him!

I'm sure it was endorsed by Woody, for the finances of it. But I don't think he commanded them to bring him in.

Woody is not Jerry Jones....
BD

#5 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

Yah, but what sense does it make to get one of the top players TEBOW and put him in the basement? It's like getting a new puppy and locking him in the restroom all day everyday.

Exactly. Exactly what I've been saying all along. If you don't use Tebow more you might as well be torturing puppies. It's simple math, really.

#6 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,866 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

Posted Image

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#7 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,992 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

Why does everyone keep saying this was Woody's call? No evidence for that, besides this insistence that he likes "attention", which is usually a code word for "opening up the pocketbook."

#8 tebowtime5502

tebowtime5502

Definite Banning Candidate

• Banned
  • 135 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

lmao you're funny.

#9 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,406 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

BREAKING: Mike Tannenbaum takes responsibility for something that hasn't worked out.

O/U on time until the "anonymous source" article detailing how Rex and Woody desperately wanted Tebow: 7 days
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#10 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,040 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

why cant we just get rid of this buffoon. or just make him a financial guy like his skill set calls for

#11 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 59,075 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Tebow is a top QB?

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#12 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 59,075 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

BREAKING: Mike Tannenbaum takes responsibility for something that hasn't worked out.

O/U on time until the "anonymous source" article detailing how Rex and Woody desperately wanted Tebow: 7 days

I don't see how Rex wanted Tebow...really having a hard time believing that.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#13 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 35,376 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Tanny is a hoser.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#14 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 35,376 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

why cant we just get rid of this buffoon. or just make him a financial guy like his skill set calls for

Meh. Our team isn't exactly in good financial shape either... and all the way firing is in order.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#15 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Mike Tannenbaum is an incompetent and a liar.
Tank for Teddy.

#16 harts724

harts724

Tebow Hater

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

GO AWAY!!!

#17 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Rex/Idzik gtfo

• Members
  • 13,574 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

The entire concept of using Tebow as a wildcat QB is ridiculous. As a matter of fact Tebow may be the worst person to run the wildcat in its short history. For Tannenbaun to still push this issue just shows his general lack of football knowledge Why ?

Because hes slow and the Wild cat is generally run by fast/quick players ( WR's RB's) who can get to the outside quickly and simply out run a defense.

The only reason why he was able to run the ball effectively in Denver was because he was the full time QB.

Its obvious the Jets do not want Tebow throwing down field because most of the time he actully runs the wildcat he does not stay back in the pocket long enough to even get to his first read, He usually just takes off running usually directly behind center almost always between the tackles. I dont even think the WR's run patterns I think they right into blocking mode making it even more difficult and ridiculous.

I do not think Tebow is comfortable running the wildcat either. As a full time QB when you drop back to pass you usually have a good portion of the defense cleared out and if Tebow breaks one tackle or sees a huge opening its much easier to run the ball than when the entire defense is expecting it.

Proud Member of the AVM

#18 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,994 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

Who gives a **** about the Tebow trade and the 4th rd pick.

I'd like to hear Tannenbaum defend giving a below average QB who has shown no improvement during his tenure, an elite QB contract. Why are the Jets stuck with Sanchez for another season and a guaranteed $8.5M?

Edited by LionelRichie, 15 November 2012 - 11:45 AM.

#19 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,633 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Who gives a **** about the Tebow trade and the 4th rd pick.

I'd like to hear Tannenbaum defend giving a below average QB who has shown no improvement during his tenure, an elite QB contract. Why are the Jets stuck with Sanchez for another season and a guaranteed $8.5M?

You answered your own question. They gave Sanchez the contract because of Tebow.

#20 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

To me acquiring Tebow is one of the lower sins of this general manager. Our overall roster sucks. How come we have never been able to pair Dustin Keller with an acceptable second tight end? How come we went into a season with Shonn Greene and Billal Powell as our two primary backs? How do we have no receivers behind Santonio Holmes? Why have we not added a single dominant pass rusher since John Abraham? Why did we go so long with a turnstile at right tackle? Why do we have to go free agency to add two decent safeties after being unable to draft and develop anyone? Tannenbaum has overseen an awful process and needs to go.

#21 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 9,188 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

"It 100 percent came from this department. Do I talk to Woody all the time? Absolutely, but it was our call."

So far, so good.

"Tannenbaum said there was '100 percent unanimity' among him, Ryan and offensive coordinator Tony Sparano."

hmm....

Edited by dbatesman, 15 November 2012 - 12:06 PM.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#22 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,300 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Tannenbum has to go.
Posted Image

#23 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 47,097 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

To me acquiring Tebow is one of the lower sins of this general manager.

I see what you did there.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#24 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,893 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

You answered your own question. They gave Sanchez the contract because of Tebow.

I was pretty sure they inked Sanchez to his new contract before they got Tebow. They gave Sanchez his extension before Manning signed with Denver.

JetNation.com

#25 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,633 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

I was pretty sure they inked Sanchez to his new contract before they got Tebow. They gave Sanchez his extension before Manning signed with Denver.

You're right. 2 weeks prior. Damn me and my revisionist history.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users