Tannenbaum defends Tebow Trade

BlackDynamite

Yah, but what sense does it make to get one of the top players TEBOW and put him in the basement? It's like getting a new puppy and locking him in the restroom all day everyday.

PLAY TEBOW NOW!! :wild: :wild:

Exactly. Exactly what I've been saying all along. If you don't use Tebow more you might as well be torturing puppies. It's simple math, really.

Yah, but what sense does it make to get one of the top players TEBOW and put him in the basement? It's like getting a new puppy and locking him in the restroom all day everyday.

Tebow is a top QB?

BREAKING: Mike Tannenbaum takes responsibility for something that hasn't worked out.

O/U on time until the "anonymous source" article detailing how Rex and Woody desperately wanted Tebow: 7 days

I don't see how Rex wanted Tebow...really having a hard time believing that.

The entire concept of using Tebow as a wildcat QB is ridiculous. As a matter of fact Tebow may be the worst person to run the wildcat in its short history. For Tannenbaun to still push this issue just shows his general lack of football knowledge Why ?

Because hes slow and the Wild cat is generally run by fast/quick players ( WR's RB's) who can get to the outside quickly and simply out run a defense.

The only reason why he was able to run the ball effectively in Denver was because he was the full time QB.

Its obvious the Jets do not want Tebow throwing down field because most of the time he actully runs the wildcat he does not stay back in the pocket long enough to even get to his first read, He usually just takes off running usually directly behind center almost always between the tackles. I dont even think the WR's run patterns I think they right into blocking mode making it even more difficult and ridiculous.

I do not think Tebow is comfortable running the wildcat either. As a full time QB when you drop back to pass you usually have a good portion of the defense cleared out and if Tebow breaks one tackle or sees a huge opening its much easier to run the ball than when the entire defense is expecting it.

Who gives a **** about the Tebow trade and the 4th rd pick.

I'd like to hear Tannenbaum defend giving a below average QB who has shown no improvement during his tenure, an elite QB contract. Why are the Jets stuck with Sanchez for another season and a guaranteed $8.5M?

You answered your own question. They gave Sanchez the contract because of Tebow.

To me acquiring Tebow is one of the lower sins of this general manager. Our overall roster sucks. How come we have never been able to pair Dustin Keller with an acceptable second tight end? How come we went into a season with Shonn Greene and Billal Powell as our two primary backs? How do we have no receivers behind Santonio Holmes? Why have we not added a single dominant pass rusher since John Abraham? Why did we go so long with a turnstile at right tackle? Why do we have to go free agency to add two decent safeties after being unable to draft and develop anyone? Tannenbaum has overseen an awful process and needs to go.

BREAKING: Mike Tannenbaum takes responsibility for something that hasn't worked out.

"It 100 percent came from this department. Do I talk to Woody all the time? Absolutely, but it was our call."

So far, so good.

O/U on time until the "anonymous source" article detailing how Rex and Woody desperately wanted Tebow: 7 days

"Tannenbaum said there was '100 percent unanimity' among him, Ryan and offensive coordinator Tony Sparano."

hmm....

I was pretty sure they inked Sanchez to his new contract before they got Tebow. They gave Sanchez his extension before Manning signed with Denver.

Yes. The Jets gave the extension to Sanchez after Peyton said he wasn't interested.

The Tebow trade made no football sense then and it doesn't now. Money wasted on a position best used elsewhere to help the team like RT and WR. That said, the Sanchez extension was a far worse mistake.

“I believe that there are Tebow fans, and there are Broncos fans,” Elway said, via Lindsay Jones of USA Today. “My responsibility is to the Broncos fans, and my responsibility is to [owner] Pat Bowlen and what he wants to do, and that’s win championships.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/15/elway-responsibility-to-broncos-fans-not-tebow-fans/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2012/11/14/john-elway-wins-with-peyton-manning-not-tim-tebow/1705685/

Its not the 4th Rounder for Tebow, it's the resigning Mark F**cking Sanchez, that's the problem, we could have cut his A** for Free next year but nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

He's pulled some bad Drafts, and bad Trades, and fritted picks away, but the Resigning of Mark F**cking Sanchez as got to be one of the Top Five all time Jets gaffs and we've seen a lot.

If that puppy was Satan's pitbull - you would....

Its not the 4th Rounder for Tebow, it's the resigning Mark F**cking Sanchez, that's the problem, we could have cut his A** for Free next year but nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

He's pulled some bad Drafts, and bad Trades, and fritted picks away, but the Resigning of Mark F**cking Sanchez as got to be one of the Top Five all time Jets gaffs and we've seen a lot.

Yeah, the Sanchez extension is the greatest crime, but it makes no sense to follow that up by trading for Tebow. By doing the extension you're essentially going all-in on him for the next 2 years. Use the other cap money to maximize that investment. Instead they trade for a gimmick and distraction with his own fanbase.

To me acquiring Tebow is one of the lower sins of this general manager. Our overall roster sucks. How come we have never been able to pair Dustin Keller with an acceptable second tight end? How come we went into a season with Shonn Greene and Billal Powell as our two primary backs? How do we have no receivers behind Santonio Holmes? Why have we not added a single dominant pass rusher since John Abraham? Why did we go so long with a turnstile at right tackle? Why do we have to go free agency to add two decent safeties after being unable to draft and develop anyone? Tannenbaum has overseen an awful process and needs to go.

Tebow fall under the bullet point: Never having a viable backup who can replace Sanchez so he can play horribly without having the threat of being benched.

i don't see what the problem is with the Tebow trade.

1st off what would they have gotten with that 4th rounder, who knows? it wouldn't have been Russell Wilson.

in general it made Mark work harder as evidenced by his coming in to camp noticeably bulkier. I don't buy that Mark is worse because Tebow is here. Mark is getting paid like friggin A-rod he has to perform regardless of distractions. 10 million dollars a year means distractions aren't an excuse. I don't think that the team would be better with Matt Simms and Greg McElroy backing up Mark instead of Tim and greg. I don't even buy that the pulling of mark on and off the field is any sort of problem.

the problem is very simple Mark isn't playing well. that might be the case no matter who the backup is. We are obsessing about Tebow as if he could save the season. But let's be honest the Jets could very well be 3-6 without Tebow.

Archived