Tannenbaum defends Tebow Trade

BlackDynamite

i don't see what the problem is with the Tebow trade.

1st off what would they have gotten with that 4th rounder, who knows? it wouldn't have been Russell Wilson.

in general it made Mark work harder as evidenced by his coming in to camp noticeably bulkier. I don't buy that Mark is worse because Tebow is here. Mark is getting paid like friggin A-rod he has to perform regardless of distractions. 10 million dollars a year means distractions aren't an excuse. I don't think that the team would be better with Matt Simms and Greg McElroy backing up Mark instead of Tim and greg. I don't even buy that the pulling of mark on and off the field is any sort of problem.

the problem is very simple Mark isn't playing well. that might be the case no matter who the backup is. We are obsessing about Tebow as if he could save the season. But let's be honest the Jets could very well be 3-6 without Tebow.

The problem with the Tebow trade is that it was the reason they didn't bring in a real backup who can go in there and play if Sanchez is playing like the worst QB in the NFL.

Archived