•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The 'What Players are Adios Muchacho'ed in 2013' Thread

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,740 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

Let's assume for the moment it's not a total Fire Sale where even guys like Mangold are on Trade Block etc..

What Players do you think will not be on Jets 2013 Roster:

I will start:

Bart Scott
Shonn Greene
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#2 Obrien2Toon

Obrien2Toon

Harbaugh or Bevell please!!!

• Members
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

Hoping:

Sanchez
Holmes
Slauson
B. Moore- hate to say this because he's always been one of my favorites, way underrated. But that back injury finished him off.
Pace
Scott
Thomas

Would keep Greene and Keller. I like Greene, not as a featured back though. Draft a RB in the 2nd round. Greene really starts to wear defenses down in 2nd half, if he gets the chance. Get a good, young all-around back and have a nice 1-2 punch.

Edited by Obrien2Toon, 15 November 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#3 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,727 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

Start by listing players who cannot return at their dollars for cap reasons.

Then move onto the list of players who are not under contract for 2013.

Then make your list. Start at $130M in cap hits before making any moves ($142M but obviously cutting Jason Smith erases $12M he'll never see).

Now go build your team, starting with 2012 Jets you're bringing back and who you're not. Don't forget Revis wants a new contract or you lose him after 2013 as well.

It's ugly for 2013 no matter what you do.

JetNation.com

#4 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 13,324 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

Pace out

Scott out

Thomas out

J. Smith out

Bell out

Slauson out

Holmes hopefully out but probably not possible unless they want to eat a lot of cash

Tebow out

Maybin already out

Lex Hilliard out

Clyde Gates Out

Schilens out

Entire FO, GM and Scouting Dept out

Entire coaching staff out

6 TE's on the roster ? Really ? count a few of them out

Laron Landry Hope we can figure out a way to keep him but he may want out of the three ring circus and teams will most defintely be interested

If a new coach comes in he may clean house of some big salaries and try to attain some draft picks so some suprizing names may come up in that scenario.

Edited by Smashmouth, 15 November 2012 - 09:39 AM.

Proud Member of the AVM

#5 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,740 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

If a new coach comes in he may clean house of some big salaries and try to attain some draft picks so some suprizing names may come up in that scenario.

my thinking as well..
Posted Image

#6 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,740 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Then make your list. Start at $130M in cap hits before making any moves ($142M but obviously cutting Jason Smith erases $12M he'll never see).

Now go build your team, starting with 2012 Jets you're bringing back and who you're not. Don't forget Revis wants a new contract or you lose him after 2013 as well.

thanks man,,
so what is your expert opinion on a list of 'candidates' ;)
Posted Image

#7 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 13,324 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

my thinking as well..

What big names would you be willing to throw out there SJ ?

Cro
Revis
D-Brick
Harris

Im not saying these guys would be my choice but a new HC, ya never know. You also have to keep in mind some of these guys after a rebuild would be at the age you wont get much for them in a trade 3 or 4 years down the road. The Jets notoriously hold on to players way too long and by that time the value is crap.

Proud Member of the AVM

#8 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,740 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

What big names would you be willing to throw out there SJ ?

Cro
Revis
D-Brick
Harris

Im not saying these guys would be my choice but a new HC, ya never know. You also have to keep in mind some of these guys after a rebuild would be at the age you wont get much for them in a trade 3 or 4 years down the road. The Jets notoriously hold on to players way too long and by that time the value is crap.

I am of belief a rebuilding is needed. So I would have EVERYONE as trade bait if some team was willing to overpay in high draft picks.
It doesnt do you much good to have star Vets on a non playoff team. Makes difference between 4-12 and 6-10. Let them close their careers on playoff team and we get draft picks for future..
Posted Image

#9 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,470 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

Sad to say, outside of the last couple of years' draft picks (as the jury is still out), the DL and select few other players here and there, you could make some sort of an argument for why just about every other player on this roster could potentially be sent packing. The one other unit you'd probably want to hold onto would be the secondary (at least the starters), but money is no doubt an issue there, especially with Landry and Bell on one-year deals and Revis entering the last year of his contract.
By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#10 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hoping:

Sanchez
Holmes
Slauson
B. Moore- hate to say this because he's always been one of my favorites, way underrated. But that back injury finished him off.
Pace
Scott
Thomas

Would keep Greene and Keller. I like Greene, not as a featured back though. Draft a RB in the 2nd round. Greene really starts to wear defenses down in 2nd half, if he gets the chance. Get a good, young all-around back and have a nice 1-2 punch.

Sanchez - Not Happening $$
Holmes - Not Happening $$
Slauson - Isn't he a free agent? And yes he is a jag, but I'd still take him over Vlad. No need to create ANOTHER hole.
Moore - Free Agent. Probably too long in the tooth to bring back. Can't replace both guards in one fell swoop with all of the other needs. We'll see.
Pace/Scott/Thomas - Yes/Yes/Yes

#11 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,829 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

IMO Harris is the one guy getting a lot of money that is not playing up to potential AND not a good fit for a lot of other defenses. If a Dungy comes in here Harris is beyond worthless. He needs to be on a Parcells style BIG LB defense. Probably impossible to move.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#12 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,829 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

I can also see them making a push for Harvin. They seem to be in the mix every time his name comes up.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#13 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

The following wont be back :-

Scott
Pace
J.Smith
E.Smith
B.Moore
Laundry
S.Greene
B.Thomas
Bell
Pouha cut and resigned
Harris restructered

Sanchez to much dead money

We may use others as trade bait, Cro, Revis.

#14 peebag

peebag

What? Me Worry?

• Members
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

The following wont be back :-

Scott
Pace
J.Smith
E.Smith
B.Moore
Laundry
S.Greene
B.Thomas
Bell
Pouha cut and resigned
Harris restructered

Sanchez to much dead money

We may use others as trade bait, Cro, Revis.

we gonna be baddddd - here in '013......:blowup:

#15 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,051 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

IMO Harris is the one guy getting a lot of money that is not playing up to potential AND not a good fit for a lot of other defenses. If a Dungy comes in here Harris is beyond worthless. He needs to be on a Parcells style BIG LB defense. Probably impossible to move.

But easy to cut...

#16 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Pace out

Scott out

Thomas out

J. Smith out

Bell out

Slauson out

Holmes hopefully out but probably not possible unless they want to eat a lot of cash

Tebow out

Maybin already out

Lex Hilliard out

Clyde Gates Out

Schilens out

Entire FO, GM and Scouting Dept out

Entire coaching staff out

6 TE's on the roster ? Really ? count a few of them out

Laron Landry Hope we can figure out a way to keep him but he may want out of the three ring circus and teams will most defintely be interested

you dont want sanchez out?

#17 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 13,324 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

you dont want sanchez out?

next year ? not possible

Proud Member of the AVM

#18 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Everybody knows Scott is gone.
Greene isn't being paid anything, so they'll keep him, just because.
Pace and BT are gone.
Sione is another cap casualty
They've tied themselves to Sanchez through next season
Tebow will be dumped for a 6th rounder
Harris has done next to nothing this season, and his deal will be redone for cap purposes......
BD

#19 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

next year ? not possible

well id like him gone ASAP but you put holmes on the list and i figured he wasnt possible either. Can we trade em both?

just bustin your balls btw

Edited by jetsjetsjetss, 15 November 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#20 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 13,324 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

well id like him gone ASAP but you put holmes on the list and i figured he wasnt possible either. Can we trade em both?

just bustin your balls btw

I know your bustin my balls :)

The differences between Holmes and Sanchez is that Holmes creates Issues off the field as well along with being wildly inconsistent.

The fact is neither one of them will be cut. But once again that will have a lot to do with who comes in as HC and GM and how much they may want to get something in particular done in relation to how much influence they have on Woody when they Make their case.

Also if you notice I did put probably not possibel next to Holmes name.

Edited by Smashmouth, 15 November 2012 - 10:15 PM.

Proud Member of the AVM

#21 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

I know your bustin my balls :)

The differences between Holmes and Sanchez is that Holmes creates Issues off the field as well along with being wildly inconsistent.

The fact is neither one of them will be cut. But once again that will have a lot to do with who comes in as HC and GM and how much they may want to get something in particular done in relation to how much influence they have on Woody when they Make their case.

Also if you notice I did put probably not possibel next to Holmes name.

yea i saw it just sanchez coulda got that lil love too.

this is totally speculation but i could imagine sanchez creates his own problems in the locker room also.

#22 Rock Manbeef

Rock Manbeef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

I like how people just automatically assume Sanchez will be starting next year. Whatever you think of the owner, you don't end up owning an NFL team in your lifetime by being a complete idiot. Sometimes you have to admit to a bad investment and cut the dead weight immediately. No way does Johnson want to look forward to the same garbage next year, pay Sanchez off and ship him out.

#23 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,994 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

we shoudl trade revis. could probably get a 1st and 2nd rounder for him.

we need to rebuild and he is our most valuable assett.

rebuilding needs to be done through the draft. we need an infusion of good young talent. 2 1st rounder and 2 second rounders would be nice to start off with. and wiht the way the cba treats rookies contracts now.....it's a great way to get this team back into good financial health. just that we need a different gm to take care of football stuff

Edited by neckdemon, 16 November 2012 - 06:59 AM.

#24 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,994 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

i think the obvious cuts are:

jason smith
calvin pace
bart scott
eric smith
tim tebow

that saves us a little over 32million

getting us down to 110 million cap figure

i think holmes should be cut/traded. i know he has 11.25 mill of dea dmoney then but lets just get it out of the way. we save 1.25mil against the cap if he is cut/traded

ok thats 108.5 million cap figure for us not including any cuts and savings we might get from cutting smaller contracts (i'm not gonna go through each player, just doing the bigger ones) as these are at or close enough to minimums where its only 100,000-200,00 here or there since you'll have to sign someone at least at minimums to replace.

108.5 mil and the salary cap will probably be 122 million. it looks like right now we have just about 5 million in unused cap that will rollover to next year.

108.5 million and we have a cap of 127 million, giving us 18.5 million to play with. now i'm not familiar with how much is to be allocated for the rookie draft class so you have to remember that. and i'm sure whoever comes in (hopefully) to replace tannenbaum will get creative with some restructuring.

overall i firmly believe next year needs to be a purging and rebuilding year. i'd love for us to cut sanchez but it would cost us over 4 million on the cap so it's not gonna happen till 2014. giving this regime anothe ryear will be a huge mistake. they will mortgage the future to try to save their skins if we do that. we need a new regime who is willing to accept a purging year next year and start rebuilding and getting this team into a good financial situation so that in 2-3 years we can legitimately start contending.

edit: i just took a brief look at the rest of the afc east's cap hits for next year. it's really sad what our financial situation looks like compared to them. dolphins are at 82 mill for next year, patriots 105 mil, bills about 107 million before any cuts. our management is a joke

Edited by neckdemon, 16 November 2012 - 08:46 AM.

#25 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,994 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

I like how people just automatically assume Sanchez will be starting next year. Whatever you think of the owner, you don't end up owning an NFL team in your lifetime by being a complete idiot. Sometimes you have to admit to a bad investment and cut the dead weight immediately. No way does Johnson want to look forward to the same garbage next year, pay Sanchez off and ship him out.

he migh tnot start but i dont see how we can cut him. he will hit our cap to ohard and we already don't have alot of wiggle room

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users