Raise your hand if you think Woody is a good owner

Maxman

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't think it's realistic to expect the Jets to go from 8-8 to win the Super Bowl. And then when that doesn't happen, claim that firing everyone will make it better. Super Bowl victories are built over the course of years. Sanchez showed up at the tail end of a window. that window closed. Another one will open. But they don't open every year. We talk about the quality of ownership, the implication is that if the Jets had won a Super Bowl, Woody would be an amazing owner. I just don't think this is a realistic goal for fans to believe every year that the Jets could win the Super Bowl.

As strange as this may sound. I dont think championship game appearances as a WC make you any more close than finishing 8-8. The teams we lost to in both games, and the potential teams we would have played in the SB we werent better than. We were dogs in both games and would have been heavy dogs in the SB.

Gents

I never post

I love the site and think it is the go to site for a Jet fan

but I had to rise to this bait

the only thing Woody has done is inherit big dough

he is a member of the lucky sperm club and that does not guarantee intelligence

The Mara's and Rooney's are the gold standard

Woody is a star struck guy with no analytical skills - he is easily dazzled - and does not have an analytical mind or a football mind

we are screwed until Woody sells the team

You had me at The only thing woody has done is inherit big dough

Gents

I never post

Woody is a star struck guy with no analytical skills - he is easily dazzled - and does not have an analytical mind or a football mind

Well two things:

1. Thanks for signing up and posting

2. Totally agree with your post

put it another way the reason why the Jets are not a legit contender is because of their QB situation. Woody doesn't really fight with Tanny and Rex. If these guys say Sanchez is the guy, who is Woody to say they are wrong? Woody is not perfect but I respect that he knows his limitations. the solution is not to have an owner who makes all the draft picks. He can fire Tanny and hire someone better. But he's a couple of degrees of Kevin Bacon away from the problem.

If we find out you are on a board of directors for a company with Woody and DeWayne Robertson you will lose all credibility.

Thanks, guys

If you look at all the Jets that have gone on to have significant or at least good careers after getting dumped: Woodhead, Santana Moss, Leon Washington, John Abraham, Weatheford, etc... and then to ditch guys like Thomas Jones and Alan Faneca - there seems to be a penchant to constantly reset - excessive tweaking - you start to get the feeling that Rex Ryan is just the next last big thing - I really think Woody has ADD and the juice for him is the chase (Brett Favre, for example).

I remember watching Rex's defense his first year here and saying to myself - holy sh*t - this is like watching Mike Tyson run across the ring and behead his opponents when he was like 17 years old.

between not drafting guys who can bring it and constantly resetting - the Jets do not stand for anything

The Steelers, Giants, Pats (I so f'ing hate them) Ravens, etc... are after it every year

a couple of guys make good points - you just want your team in the mix and then - when the gods smile down on us (David Tyree, etc...) you get yourself an SB or two

Woody Johnson takes offense at talk he only cares about PSLs

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 15, 2012, 2:06 PM EST

woody_johnson-300x300.jpg?w=212

AP

Jets owner Woody Johnson is not pleased with the talk that he cares more about how much money he can make from personal seating licenses than he cares about the team’s win-loss record.

Johnson addressed the media today and said that he doesn’t appreciate suggestions that he only wants to add to his billions. Johnson says what he really wants is to win the Super Bowl.

“This I really want to clear up,” Johnson said, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “You guys have been accusing me of this phony story of me being more concerned with PSLs or cash or something else. Listen, my job 1, 2 and 3 is to win games. That’s why I got into football to begin with – is to win games. It’s not to sell PSLs or anything else. My job is to win games. That’s what my passion is. That’s what I want to do. That’s why I’m spending all this time in this organization. It’s not to sell PSLs or to sell hot dogs.”

Johnson also said he remains committed to Mark Sanchez as the quarterback to lead the team, although he also acknowledged that all players are evaluated on an ongoing basis.

“He is our franchise quarterback,” Johnson said of Sanchez. “That’s what he is.”

But Sanchez is a franchise quarterback who has had a rough season, just like the Jets have. Johnson acknowledges it’s not good enough.

“I didn’t sign up for a 3-6 season. We haven’t had one of these in a while. I’m not happy about it. Yet I am optimistic,” Johnson said.

And when Johnson says he’s optimistic, he means he thinks he’ll some day hold the Vince Lombardi Trophy, not that he’ll lead the league in revenue.

http://profootballta...res-about-psls/

I hope this can put an end to all the silly PSL talk. This man is all about winning championships.

Only the truth could elicit a reaction like this.

I don't completely agree. I think Woody really does want to win. But, I think profit is also obviously important, as it would be to any of us holding a billion dollar asset.

The truth is, I don't think Woody has a clue what he's doing from a football standpoint. He got Parcells, who he knew was good, based on reputation. Parcells supported Tannenbaum, so Woody is still going by that and trusting that a guy who he knew was good endorsed this guy, so he must be good.

Even the Tebow decision can be looked at in this way. If we believe it's Woody's call, and not Tannenbaum (who took credit for it), obviously the headlines fit the business aspect, but I wouldn't doubt that Woody actually believed that Tebow could help this team based on the Broncos season and the hype he has across the country.

I don't completely agree. I think Woody really does want to win. But, I think profit is also obviously important, as it would be to any of us holding a billion dollar asset.

The truth is, I don't think Woody has a clue what he's doing from a football standpoint. He got Parcells, who he knew was good, based on reputation. Parcells supported Tannenbaum, so Woody is still going by that and trusting that a guy who he knew was good endorsed this guy, so he must be good.

Even the Tebow decision can be looked at in this way. If we believe it's Woody's call, and not Tannenbaum (who took credit for it), obviously the headlines fit the business aspect, but I wouldn't doubt that Woody actually believed that Tebow could help this team based on the Broncos season and the hype he has across the country.

Of course he did:

10269334-large.jpg

Gents

I never post

Woody fell in love with Sanchez when they went to Cali to see him workout.

I'll reserve judgement until I see how he handles this load of garbage in the off-season.

He needs to burn the village, bury it with a shovel, and then bury the shovel!

Next summer I don't want to see the following:

T-Rex (Tanny and Rex), Sparano, Sanchez, Scott, Pace, Bryan Thomas, Y.Bell, Shonn Greene, and bunch of the other bums.(I tried to list them all, but the batteries on my cordless keyboard died in the process)

He has a lot of work to do......

BD

if he didnt give a sh!t about selling hot dogs and PSL's then they wouldnt be the ridiculous price they are.

He committed to the idea of winning, but is too incompetent to find the way to do so.

I wish I just bought a hotdog 2 years ago and held on to it. It's value would have depreciated less then a PSL

Prior to this season, Woody's record as an owner was a winning one with six playoff appearances. How many other franchises can match that record? Mistakes were made, but that's the nature of the beast. He'll make the correction as needed. He is more astute than some of you think. He wants to win!

Tim Tebow

Exactly.

Advertising Budget + Drop in Ticket Sales > PSL revenue. And by a lot.

Great work. Keep in mind; even during the Kotite Error every ticket was sold and there was a waiting list. And there was no ad budget at all.

This article nonetheless may be true; lucksy sperm club member Woody Johnson doesn't really care or know how bad he's screwed up his bottom line with blind greed.This fool didn't bother to investigate the price point at all, simply assumed he could jack the price through the roof and still rake cash in despite an inferior product . The enitre gameday experience causes sensible people to choose their couch or the local bar. And if he really doesn't care about PSLs(which he already cut once) waive them now.Because I may only be 1 guy with 2 seats, but right now I will not pay the 2013 PSL payment. I'll give up the tickets. Besides the Jets have hosted all of 4 playoff games in the roughly 25 years I've been going. It's not like I have to worry about losing out on the AFC Championship game any time soon.

Archived