•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Jets need Jon Gruden!!

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Is he too good to be a Jets coach? Probably.

But you call him and throw him a 4 year $20M deal. See what he says......
BD

#2 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Posted Image

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#3 whodeawhodat

whodeawhodat

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationI was up above it, now I'm down in it.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

If you think that Rex is a players coach and it affected (or effected) his team badly, you dont want Gruden. He is a drunk and has no problem getting sh*t faced with his players. true story

#4 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

he seems obnoxious as hell. I want a hard ass that will scare the sh*tless. Hell reggie bush was benched after one fumble in the game last week. Were is our accountability like that

#5 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Rex/Idzik gtfo

• Members
  • 13,508 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

The Jets need a coach like Jimmy Johnson but I dont think he would come out of retirement to coach this team . I think he would be the one guy to gut this mess totally and accumulate picks.

Proud Member of the AVM

#6 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,928 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Bring back Parcells
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#7 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,281 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Jets need a real FO and coaching staff with a cohesive plan that makes sense. And they need coaches that fit that plan. Rex came in and wanted to run ground & pound with a stout defense but didn't have the OC or QB to properly run such a system.

They also need to get younger and get rid of some of the older players.

As to Gruden, I haven't seen anything which would warrent going after him.
Posted Image

#8 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,015 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

Posted Image

I'm with the ilk. Slightly ahead of Holmgren on my list. Or behind, depending on how you look at it.

The Jets need a coach like Jimmy Johnson but I dont think he would come out of retirement to coach this team . I think he would be the one guy to gut this mess totally and accumulate picks.

Like he did with the Dolphins?

Bring back Parcells

See above.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#9 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,032 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

he seems obnoxious as hell. I want a hard ass that will scare the sh*tless. Hell reggie bush was benched after one fumble in the game last week. Were is our accountability like that

benching a runningback for one fumble is stupid. hopefully there was more to it than that.

#10 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

Bring back Parcells

NO. Two words. David Shaw.
Tank for Teddy.

#11 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 11,985 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

no thanks.

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#12 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Rex/Idzik gtfo

• Members
  • 13,508 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Like he did with the Dolphins?

No... like he did with the Cowboys.

Proud Member of the AVM

#13 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

benching a runningback for one fumble is stupid. hopefully there was more to it than that.

he was a veteran and shouldnt have fumbled thats it basically like being made an example of. This team has no accountability right now so idk

#14 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,928 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

i was being sarcastic if you could not tell. We do not need guys that have been out of the league for years.
Maybe we can steal Jerry Reese and give it to the Giants that way Woody
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#15 jason423

jason423

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

If the Jets decide to get a new coach they have to stop getting the new coach off the street and hoping he learns on the job. I know that Tomlin has had success in Pittsburgh but for the most part the success comes from finding a head coach that has been around one time, got knocked down and had to go back to being an assistant for a few years. Those are the guys that typically end up winning for you. Not Herman Edwards or Eric Mangini or Rex Ryan which is the path the Jets always take.

The Grudens of the world (and the more I hear him on ESPN the more I think he was just a lucky guy) 9 times out of 10 dont repeat the success in a new job. Whether its because the drive isnt there, the game has passed them by, or teams have so much footage to study it just seems to rarely work out. The Jets need to start looking at assistants and/or college coaches that have NFL head coaching experience but didnt necessarily have the greatest of first runs as a coach. Take the lumps in the press and from the fans when you make the hire (I cant believe he hired so and so the guy was so bad in whatever city) and let the coach prove them wrong. But the rookie coach thing has to stop. I can guarantee you when Rex gets another job there will not be another incident like what has happened in this locker room the last two years. Hell know how to handle it the second go around.

#16 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,032 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

he was a veteran and shouldnt have fumbled thats it basically like being made an example of. This team has no accountability right now so idk

ok....but he's probably the best player on that offense. has he had fumblitis this year?

#17 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Bring back Parcells

It wouldnt complain, LOL. Make the circus better..ugh

Edited by SouthernJet, 15 November 2012 - 05:05 PM.

Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#18 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

ok....but he's probably the best player on that offense. has he had fumblitis this year?

idk i dont think so. I legit thought it was just one of those things to show everyone is accountable. They got destroyed that game so it didnt really make a difference except to show mediocrity is not acceptable.

#19 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 35,247 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

I have to make doodie.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#20 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,382 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

Jon Gruden has a regular season and playoff winning record and a Super Bowl winning Head Coach. Why would the Jets want him.

Edited by HessStation, 15 November 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#21 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,015 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

No... like he did with the Cowboys.

Because what he did in Dallas is somehow more relevant than what he did 10 years later? I looked it up and he was better than I remembered in Miami, but he retired at 56. Do you think he's got something in him now 12 years later?

#22 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Are you guys trying to set a record for fewest better ideas?

He has a ring with Tampa Bay! Anybody who can bring a ring to the Bucs is borderline genius.
Guys like Cowher, Johnson, Parcells are done.

And it's obvious he loves the game, and the players would respect him, with him being a proven winner, and the players being a bunch of crying losers......
BD

#23 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,992 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

When the Jets decide to move on from Rex, he'll have another job before before he packs out his desk. Meanwhile, Jon Gruden will still be working for ESPN.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#24 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Rex/Idzik gtfo

• Members
  • 13,508 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Because what he did in Dallas is somehow more relevant than what he did 10 years later? I looked it up and he was better than I remembered in Miami, but he retired at 56. Do you think he's got something in him now 12 years later?

Yeah I went to look it up as well he had an old Dan Marino and made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. Maybe bring him in as a GM ? Let him run the organization .... I would agree hes probably too old to start up coaching again maybe even too old to GM as well. idk man ...

I think Cowher was product of a great organization and could very well be a bit overrated. Parcells is way too old Im not sure who we could drag in here.

I say what Ive been saying forthe last few years dump the entire FO and Coaching Staff and Bring in Charlie Casserly and let him rebuild the damn thing. He certainly built a talented team in Houston.

Proud Member of the AVM

#25 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,015 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Yeah I went to look it up as well he had an old Dan Marino and made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. Maybe bring him in as a GM ? Let him run the organization .... I would agree hes probably too old to start up coaching again maybe even too old to GM as well. idk man ...

I think Cowher was product of a great organization and could very well be a bit overrated. Parcells is way too old Im not sure who we could drag in here.

I say what Ive been saying forthe last few years dump the entire FO and Coaching Staff and Bring in Charlie Casserly and let him rebuild the damn thing. He certainly built a talented team in Houston.

The best thing about Charlie Casserly is listening to him try to pronounce LaDainian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users