The Jets need Jon Gruden!!

BlackDynamite

Jets need a real FO and coaching staff with a cohesive plan that makes sense. And they need coaches that fit that plan. Rex came in and wanted to run ground & pound with a stout defense but didn't have the OC or QB to properly run such a system.

They also need to get younger and get rid of some of the older players.

As to Gruden, I haven't seen anything which would warrent going after him.

1253886001_office-no.gif

I'm with the ilk. Slightly ahead of Holmgren on my list. Or behind, depending on how you look at it.

The Jets need a coach like Jimmy Johnson but I dont think he would come out of retirement to coach this team . I think he would be the one guy to gut this mess totally and accumulate picks.

Like he did with the Dolphins?

Bring back Parcells

See above.

he seems obnoxious as hell. I want a hard ass that will scare the sh*tless. Hell reggie bush was benched after one fumble in the game last week. Were is our accountability like that

benching a runningback for one fumble is stupid. hopefully there was more to it than that.

If the Jets decide to get a new coach they have to stop getting the new coach off the street and hoping he learns on the job. I know that Tomlin has had success in Pittsburgh but for the most part the success comes from finding a head coach that has been around one time, got knocked down and had to go back to being an assistant for a few years. Those are the guys that typically end up winning for you. Not Herman Edwards or Eric Mangini or Rex Ryan which is the path the Jets always take.

The Grudens of the world (and the more I hear him on ESPN the more I think he was just a lucky guy) 9 times out of 10 dont repeat the success in a new job. Whether its because the drive isnt there, the game has passed them by, or teams have so much footage to study it just seems to rarely work out. The Jets need to start looking at assistants and/or college coaches that have NFL head coaching experience but didnt necessarily have the greatest of first runs as a coach. Take the lumps in the press and from the fans when you make the hire (I cant believe he hired so and so the guy was so bad in whatever city) and let the coach prove them wrong. But the rookie coach thing has to stop. I can guarantee you when Rex gets another job there will not be another incident like what has happened in this locker room the last two years. Hell know how to handle it the second go around.

ok....but he's probably the best player on that offense. has he had fumblitis this year?

idk i dont think so. I legit thought it was just one of those things to show everyone is accountable. They got destroyed that game so it didnt really make a difference except to show mediocrity is not acceptable.

Are you guys trying to set a record for fewest better ideas?

He has a ring with Tampa Bay! Anybody who can bring a ring to the Bucs is borderline genius.

Guys like Cowher, Johnson, Parcells are done.

And it's obvious he loves the game, and the players would respect him, with him being a proven winner, and the players being a bunch of crying losers......

BD

Because what he did in Dallas is somehow more relevant than what he did 10 years later? I looked it up and he was better than I remembered in Miami, but he retired at 56. Do you think he's got something in him now 12 years later?

Yeah I went to look it up as well he had an old Dan Marino and made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. Maybe bring him in as a GM ? Let him run the organization .... I would agree hes probably too old to start up coaching again maybe even too old to GM as well. idk man ...

I think Cowher was product of a great organization and could very well be a bit overrated. Parcells is way too old Im not sure who we could drag in here.

I say what Ive been saying forthe last few years dump the entire FO and Coaching Staff and Bring in Charlie Casserly and let him rebuild the damn thing. He certainly built a talented team in Houston.

Yeah I went to look it up as well he had an old Dan Marino and made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. Maybe bring him in as a GM ? Let him run the organization .... I would agree hes probably too old to start up coaching again maybe even too old to GM as well. idk man ...

I think Cowher was product of a great organization and could very well be a bit overrated. Parcells is way too old Im not sure who we could drag in here.

I say what Ive been saying forthe last few years dump the entire FO and Coaching Staff and Bring in Charlie Casserly and let him rebuild the damn thing. He certainly built a talented team in Houston.

The best thing about Charlie Casserly is listening to him try to pronounce LaDainian.

If the Jets decide to get a new coach they have to stop getting the new coach off the street and hoping he learns on the job. I know that Tomlin has had success in Pittsburgh but for the most part the success comes from finding a head coach that has been around one time, got knocked down and had to go back to being an assistant for a few years. Those are the guys that typically end up winning for you. Not Herman Edwards or Eric Mangini or Rex Ryan which is the path the Jets always take.

The Grudens of the world (and the more I hear him on ESPN the more I think he was just a lucky guy) 9 times out of 10 dont repeat the success in a new job. Whether its because the drive isnt there, the game has passed them by, or teams have so much footage to study it just seems to rarely work out. The Jets need to start looking at assistants and/or college coaches that have NFL head coaching experience but didnt necessarily have the greatest of first runs as a coach. Take the lumps in the press and from the fans when you make the hire (I cant believe he hired so and so the guy was so bad in whatever city) and let the coach prove them wrong. But the rookie coach thing has to stop. I can guarantee you when Rex gets another job there will not be another incident like what has happened in this locker room the last two years. Hell know how to handle it the second go around.

So you're saying we should hire Mike Tice?

Archived