The Jets need Jon Gruden!!

BlackDynamite

I don't know about next year - still trying to think about the perfect ending for this one.

I'd absolutely love to see them cut Gates and J. Hill then sign T.O. and Burress to 1 year vet minimum contracts.

Somebody already pushed the handle down but the bowl didn't flush - this would do the trick.

That was the first name that came to mind. Marty Morninweig (sp), Jason Garrett, Mike Nolan, and the dude from Tampa pre-Schiano.

Woody will finally break his bank to go get a proven coach and it will be someone like Gruden or Dungy. Which will make the joke on Jets fans even crueler.

Yes, the draft has some issues. But think about it. It's really not the draft. It's the people at the top working the draft. In 2009 Woody wanted Tannen to spend a lot of money prior to the start of the 2009 season. So the Jets were pretty stacked with talent. Same thing in 2010. In 2011, Woody told Tannen to stop spending money and start making cuts. This was the start of the downfall. Now another issue is Tannen himself. The man just doesn't know talent when it stares him in the face. My opinion is that you fire Tannen, get someone who has a lot of NFL knowledge, make Rex defensive coordinator, and although you may think I'm a bit crazy for saying so, I say bring in Jon Gruden to give the locker room a swift kick in the ass. Now I know Gruden doesn't exactly have the best track record. But the man knows his football well and he has a fire under his gutt. If he would just settle down a bit, he could really fix this team.

That was the first name that came to mind. Marty Morninweig (sp), Jason Garrett, Mike Nolan, and the dude from Tampa pre-Schiano.

The problem with hiring the guy who failed his first time is that sometimes they stay dumb forever, which I think is the case with all of the above (including Tice), save maybe Nolan.

The problem with hiring the guy who failed his first time is that sometimes they stay dumb forever, which I think is the case with all of the above (including Tice), save maybe Nolan.

I think you nailed it in your GM scenario thread. We'll likely see another year of Tannenbaum and Rex, and then hire Andy Reid in 2014. Ballin

I think you nailed it in your GM scenario thread. We'll likely see another year of Tannenbaum and Rex, and then hire Andy Reid in 2014. Ballin

I think Banner hires Reid in Cleveland. We get another year of Rexenbaum before Woody goes the football-czar route and hires Mike Holmgren to do to us what he did to the Browns.

I think Banner hires Reid in Cleveland. We get another year of Rexenbaum before Woody goes the football-czar route and hires Mike Holmgren to do to us what he did to the Browns.

I was going to google a gif of a cat hanging itself from a ceiling fan, but then lost the will to live.

if that is true Clowney will be a jet in 2014 draft after a 2-14 season next yr, a true jet fan signs of for that mon

I prefer discussing potential solutions to going over every mistake by the current regime, but I really don't have a potential solution at the ready. I like the philosophy of bringing in up & comers over retreads. If there's a brain behind the brain on the jints, Ravens, Packers, etc., that's the guy I'd like to see the team go after to fill the GM job.

Problem is that the roster/cap is so fvcked for 2013, that I don't know who'd be willing to come here with their hands tied. Parcells always worked us magic by cutting the roster and having a high draft pick. Jets might get the high pick, but there's just no room to make any meaningful moves. The new guy would be set up to fail in his first year.

If anything, that kinda makes it wise to do the new GM/hang on to Rex plan. The new GM can evaluate the roster and coaching staff for a year, and blame/fire Rex and bring in his own guy if the season sucks again.

Archived