Why don't you just start Tebow already?

Mikeg85

Forgive me in advance.

Since it appears that Eli Manning has been taking Quarterback lessons from Mark Sanchez for the past month, I couldn't help but think of my green and white cousins.

Seriously though, now that the Giants suck I am obligated to do what every miserable football fan does in his time of mourning:

Talk about Tim Tebow.

I don't want to make any heads explode, but perhaps an outside fans perspective on the NYJ QB situation might be useful. Probably not, but anyway the Jets really need to just start the kid.

It would seem obvious to me that starting a terrible QB who wants to win and would probably literally die on the field if he had to, is a better choice than starting a slightly less terrible QB who clearly doesn't care at all. I mean, he's gone in 2 months anyway, at least make some merchandise money on all the Jesus freaks and holy rollers who are going to come out of the woodwork if Tebow starts so you can begin to pay back that comical Sanchize contract. Also worth mentioning that your O-line is probably going to get Sanchez killed or paralyzed before the season ends so it would probably be smart to have the guy back there who is only making a million bucks at this point.

Just sayin....

How's McElroy progressing btw? I freaking loved that kid in college. Definitely rooting for his success.

Why? Because I'm just the sh*thead who wastes time and money on the Jets. Not one of the millionaires paid to steer this ship into a ****ing iceberg every year so I don't have a say. That's up to a buffoon HC, his less talented offensive counterpart, an accountant and the man whos picture is in the dictionary next to nepotism.

That's up to a buffoon HC

I'd kill to have Rex on my team....as a DC that is. Ironic thing is this time next year Rob is most likely a head coach while Rex is running someones defense. That is assuming his ego allows him to be "demoted"

the man whos picture is in the dictionary next to nepotism.

This literally made me laugh out loud.

What's Cowher doing these days anyway?

I concur with the Gnats fan. I figured before the season that Sanchez would only last until late September or early October, and I am mystified as to why Ryan continues his loyalty to him. It's NOT like Sanchez has shown some flashes of brilliance interspersed with crap. He looks competent against crappy pass Ds like the Bills and Pats and absolutely horrible against better Ds.

How can Tebow do worse? A loss is a loss, and I'll take a butt-whoopin' over a snore-fest as long as the team tries to win, and there's no doubt that Tebow would try to win. If the Jets aren't willing to start Tebow because he doesn't do well in practice with the current plays, then draw up some new plays!!! :face: It's NOT like the Jets have this brilliantly conceived offense now, even if they had a QB capable of executing said brilliantly conceived offense.

Seriously though, now that the Giants suck

Oh seriously f*** you. You seem like a decent fan and all and not a troll, but f*** you. Your Giants do this every season with their midseason swoon, then all of a sudden they're on a deep playoff run. You guys win a Super Bowl every decade on lock. None of this "woe is I" stuff.

Nothing would be quite as entertaining as watching Greg Mckelroy start for the JETS.. only Leftwich picking up for Rapesburger could possibly be better.

Not gonna happen. If we make a change there is no chance in Hell that Rex jumps McElroy from # 3 to # 1 on the depth chart, especially when he didn't toe the company line last offseason.

That being said, who cares? McElroy has a weaker arm than Pennington. The only QB we have that gives us any chance at winning is probably Tebow.

But since that is probably a BAD thing for us right now (the better pick, the better), why should we be rooting for a change at this point? To maybe go on a run, partly thanks to the likes of the Jaguars and Titans, finish 7-9/8-8, make few changes (if any), and have a mid-1st pick again? No thanks.

Because Tebow is a worse option, and really is not part of the Jet long term plans at the QB position.

The question should be, why are they not considering McElroy.

Yes, yes, and at this point I think you only go away from Sanchez if you're prepared to completely give up on him. Not saying they shouldn't, but at this point they'd have a PR riot on their hands if they went to McElroy. Imagine McElroy starting over Tebow. There'd be no end to the garbage we'd have to hear about from his fans, Skip Bayless, Jesus Christ, whoever else can get in on the sh*t show.

Here;s a few things for you Mr Giants Quitter:

1. NFL Merchandise money is split between the teams. The jets dont make any extra selling Timmy jerseys and crosses. So to start him to make more money cant happen.

2. Your team is in 1st place. You won a Super Bowl last year. Stop your crying and whining. You sound like,,, no, you are a doosh.

3. Tebow sucks. The offense isnt set up for him. The o-line cant block for him (if they could, he would get more than 3yds per carry). Starting him causes more turmoil and trouble than sticking with Taco does. This isnt Madden or Strat-O-Matic. This is real, live football with real, live players.

4. I hope the Giants come to your house and smash your TV and computers and cuts your cable wires. You dont deserve to root for them.

1. NFL Merchandise money is split between the teams. The jets dont make any extra selling Timmy jerseys and crosses. So to start him to make more money cant happen.

2. Your team is in 1st place. You won a Super Bowl last year. Stop your crying and whining. You sound like,,, no, you are a doosh.

3. Tebow sucks. The offense isnt set up for him. The o-line cant block for him (if they could, he would get more than 3yds per carry). Starting him causes more turmoil and trouble than sticking with Taco does. This isnt Madden or Strat-O-Matic. This is real, live football with real, live players.

4. I hope the Giants come to your house and smash your TV and computers and cuts your cable wires. You dont deserve to root for them.

POTW!

I'm assuming that you are typically the guy in the group who repeatedly has to ask everyone else to explain the joke.

BTW It's spelled 'douche'.

edit: "Taco" definitely was lol worthy.

Forgive me in advance.

Since it appears that Eli Manning has been taking Quarterback lessons from Mark Sanchez for the past month, I couldn't help but think of my green and white cousins.

Seriously though, now that the Giants suck I am obligated to do what every miserable football fan does in his time of mourning:

Talk about Tim Tebow.

I don't want to make any heads explode, but perhaps an outside fans perspective on the NYJ QB situation might be useful. Probably not, but anyway the Jets really need to just start the kid.

It would seem obvious to me that starting a terrible QB who wants to win and would probably literally die on the field if he had to, is a better choice than starting a slightly less terrible QB who clearly doesn't care at all. I mean, he's gone in 2 months anyway, at least make some merchandise money on all the Jesus freaks and holy rollers who are going to come out of the woodwork if Tebow starts so you can begin to pay back that comical Sanchize contract. Also worth mentioning that your O-line is probably going to get Sanchez killed or paralyzed before the season ends so it would probably be smart to have the guy back there who is only making a million bucks at this point.

Just sayin....

How's McElroy progressing btw? I freaking loved that kid in college. Definitely rooting for his success.

This is not a fight we should be getting into. We have to worry about Eli's potentially tired arm. At least the Knicks hot start has made me ignore that so far.

Archived