Rex Ryan on Tony Sparano

BlackDynamite

“I think the mark of a good coach is to maximize the talent that you have around you,” Ryan said, “and I think without question, we do that.”

I haven't had a problem with anything Rex says until the last couple weeks. Between the undying defense of Sanchez and statements like the above he's getting perilously close to jumping the shark.

we're not blind.. zero TD's last week and getting sh*tbombed by the medicore Dolphins at home isn't maximzing sh-t.

“I think the mark of a good coach is to maximize the talent that you have around you,” Ryan said, “and I think without question, we do that.”

I haven't had a problem with anything Rex says until the last couple weeks. Between the undying defense of Sanchez and statements like the above he's getting perilously close to jumping the shark.

we're not blind.. zero TD's last week and getting sh*tbombed by the medicore Dolphins at home isn't maximzing sh-t.

Yep. I still like Rex even with all that's happened. But he's become damaged goods at this point like the rest of this loser organization. He'll win elsewhere, and I'll have sad.

i have a burning desire to be a millionaire.......but i dont think its gonna happen any time soon.

rex' bullsh*t is wearing thin. no accountability whatsoever. i hope this is just what he is telling the media.....behind closed doors i'd hope he is pinning some of this sh*t on sparano.

I've stopped paying very close attention, hasn't every loss we've taken this year been an embarrassment? I thought yes.

I've thought Rex is a transparent schill of a used car salesman since day one, but we were winning so I was resigned to being wrong about him... turns out I wasn't. Just took a while for it all to pile up.

i have a burning desire to be a millionaire.......but i dont think its gonna happen any time soon.

rex' bullsh*t is wearing thin. no accountability whatsoever. i hope this is just what he is telling the media.....behind closed doors i'd hope he is pinning some of this sh*t on sparano.

I hope he's doing this sh*t to get Mike T fired. If you read between the lines, he's saying Sparano is good at "maximizing the talent he has" and we all know the results, so it puts the onus on the one that acquires the talent. Rex is saying he and his coaches are getting the best they can from this team... and it's horrible, so blame the GM not the coaches.

I've stopped paying very close attention, hasn't every loss we've taken this year been an embarrassment? I thought yes.

I've thought Rex is a transparent schill of a used car salesman since day one, but we were winning so I was resigned to being wrong about him... turns out I wasn't. Just took a while for it all to pile up.

you've tooted your horn so much about being right about Rex you actully turned into him. is that why you have the Hulk in your sig ? :P

As bad as this team has been its not time to get rid of Rex.

thing is how can you get rid of tanny without getting rid of rex?

i guess you can if you can either find a respectable gm who wants him or hire a fresh gm who will take rex just because is being offered a first time gm position.

thing is without giving rex some sort of extension in the process he will be a lameduck.

i think you almost have to get rid of the whole regime, but i guess we'll see what happens

thing is how can you get rid of tanny without getting rid of rex?

i guess you can if you can either find a respectable gm who wants him or hire a fresh gm who will take rex just because is being offered a first time gm position.

thing is without giving rex some sort of extension in the process he will be a lameduck.

i think you almost have to get rid of the whole regime, but i guess we'll see what happens

They are not joined at the hip.

Its not necessary a prime GM candidate would necessarily want to fire the HC.

The only situation where thats possible is if someone like Cowher is hired and given the keys to the entire organization. I know Woody is football stupid but even he will not make that move.

If Rex is fired there are a lot of organizations that will be willing to hire him as a HC. Period.

Actually, I read that as a subtle swipe at the front office who makes personnel decisions.

maybe coaches don't have as big an effect on the outcome of these games as we believe they do. Jets fans remember Parcells level coaching, it doesn't really work that way anymore. If 2 teams have competent coaches, the difference is in the players. And the Jets have a talent shortage right now. Put Belly in charge of the Jets they aren't necessarily better than 3-6 right now. the offense is completely dysfunctional and even tho we expect coaches to fix that, I question if they can. Bill Walsh could do it. But most coaches can't fix what's wrong with the Jets right now.

Actually, I read that as a subtle swipe at the front office who makes personnel decisions.

I thought that might be the case but this is Rex we're talking about. Do you really think he'd admit that he can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh-t?

They are not joined at the hip.

Its not necessary a prime GM candidate would necessarily want to fire the HC.

The only situation where thats possible is if someone like Cowher is hired and given the keys to the entire organization. I know Woody is football stupid but even he will not make that move.

If Rex is fired there are a lot of organizations that will be willing to hire him as a HC. Period.

Who would then become Herm's Chiefs.

????

Herm came here & had early success with a former regime's players, much like Rex. Eventually, both would be exposed as all hype, no substance blowhard coaches with minimal game management skills. They both also proved to be incapable of replenishing the roster sufficiently and both oversaw a talent drain around their young QBs (and I think Mark is garbage btw, so this is not to deflect from his contributions). And while I'm sure we agree steadfastly that Rex is far superior in terms of x and o's defensively, sadly I think the league has caught up to his schemes and his run D now resembles those amazing Herm / Cottrel run Ds. See they're both similar in many ways, and did I forget to mention that they're both offensively conservative d1ckwads to boot? I don't deny that Rex could get another job, I just also forsee the same way Herm rapidly took the Chiefs to horrible, so will Rex if he gets another gig soon.

Or, the scary part... He is in fact getting the most out of the talent on this team....

Archived