Our Fool GM is lying on WFAN

unbanmadmike1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notice that Rex won't do any of these interviews?

He goes on with Michael Kay and gets the Yankee Treatment: "That was a rough loss, Rex. What positives did you take away from it?"

The Jets operate in their own little bubble and are consistently shocked when the media challenges any of them. Jared Winley pulling Revis out of his Francesa interview last year was the perfect example. Children leading children.

Francesa is a tool. I missed the interview. I do not monitor the site by te second. Can somebody actually post a general description of what was said?

Mike Francesa: Would you say, now, that drafting Mark Sanchez was a, uh, was a mistake?

Mike Tannenbaum: Absolutely not. Absolutely--I would--absolutely I would say that Mark has struggled, but I...

MF: You're a godforsaken fool if you...

MT: I'm a fool?

MF: Yes you are.

MT: Well, f%ck you, then. F%ck you and your awful goddamned...

MF: I'lll ask you to watch your language on my program--on this program. I...

MT: F%ck your f%cking program

Mike Francesa: Would you say, now, that drafting Mark Sanchez was a, uh, was a mistake?

Mike Tannenbaum: Absolutely not. Absolutely--I would--absolutely I would say that Mark has struggled, but I...

MT: Well, f%ck you, then. F%ck you and you're awful goddamned...

Hahahahaha!

Wow - radio programs in the big city are waaaay different than in the midwest....

What still continues to baffle me is that the guy is one of the most listened to, well paid, tenured sports talk show hosts on the radio and yet he still sounds like the dude sitting next to you at a ball game with half a hot-dog in his mouth trying to argue balls and strikes with an umpire 400 ft away. I mean, I get it, he's not giving a symposium on Yates to a bunch of doctoral candidates, but he just sounds like a jackaloon. Was he worse at one point or has he always sounded like this?

What still continues to baffle me is that the guy is one of the most listened to, well paid, tenured sports talk show hosts on the radio and yet he still sounds like the dude sitting next to you at a ball game with half a hot-dog in his mouth trying to argue balls and strikes with an umpire 400 ft away. I mean, I get it, he's not giving a symposium on Yates to a bunch of doctoral candidates, but he just sounds like a jackaloon. Was he worse at one point or has he always sounded like this?

Not to get all up into the history of Francesa, but you have to remember he was around before the Internet was prevalent. If you wanted injury news, scores, transaction news, WFAN was where you went, unless you wanted to wait for the paper. Remember--people used to wait a week to read interviews in Sports Illustrated. A week!

To answer your question, Mike was a lot more informative when he was more plugged in and relevant. He had personal friendships with George Young, Parcells, Lou Carnesecca, Pitino, etc, etc. And, he was partnered with Chris Russo, which gave Francesa added gravitas because Russo was such a wackjob.

Now, Mike's old and relatively out of touch, relying less on info-sharing/analysis and more on instigating. He knows there's a lot of money still to be made by pushing Jets and Mets fans' buttons. They can't help themselves but to call in and scream.

I'm sure glad my boy rw retired instead of coming here or to the dolphins..lol

I'm a jets fan from Houston, but all this jets nonsence is depressing.,. heck were falling apart internally.

And you people wonder why I drink ... a lot ... drink, I mean, not wonder a lot. Hey - you're Jets fans, gotta spell it out.

I am now 100% sure that Tanny must be a decoy of some sort. Because there is no chance that he got the job on any merit at all. This guy is a ****ing looser, he is delerious.

How can he talk about SB when we aren´t winning sh*t. And please shut up about "I see these people every day, working hard", they are paid sh*t loads of money to do that. What his job is is to put the right players on that field training with the staff he´s hired. He is so ****ed!

Mike Francesa doesn't have the best interest of the Jets at heart. And Tanny will probably get fired (for the Mark Sanchez pick, and after NEXT year) but Mike F is a Jets troll. Can't for a minute think he's calling Tanny out because it will make the Jets better.

Mike Francesa doesn't have the best interest of the Jets at heart. And Tanny will probably get fired (for the Mark Sanchez pick, and after NEXT year) but Mike F is a Jets troll. Can't for a minute think he's calling Tanny out because it will make the Jets better.

Ummm Tanny sounded like the Iraqi War PR guy but with a Stutter mon, embarrasing to be a Jet fan after that interview

Not to get all up into the history of Francesa, but you have to remember he was around before the Internet was prevalent. If you wanted injury news, scores, transaction news, WFAN was where you went, unless you wanted to wait for the paper. Remember--people used to wait a week to read interviews in Sports Illustrated. A week!

To answer your question, Mike was a lot more informative when he was more plugged in and relevant. He had personal friendships with George Young, Parcells, Lou Carnesecca, Pitino, etc, etc. And, he was partnered with Chris Russo, which gave Francesa added gravitas because Russo was such a wackjob.

Now, Mike's old and relatively out of touch, relying less on info-sharing/analysis and more on instigating. He knows there's a lot of money still to be made by pushing Jets and Mets fans' buttons. They can't help themselves but to call in and scream.

Mimeographs and Sports Illustrated interviews.. the good ol days.

Francesa is a tool. I missed the interview. I do not monitor the site by te second. Can somebody actually post a general description of what was said?

mark is a 3 and 6 qb, rex is a 3 and 6 coach, tanny is a 3 and 6 gm, woody is a 3 and 6 owner, we have a 3 and 6 offense and a 3 and 6 defense, the game plan is 3 and 6 but we practice like we are 6 and 0 and we are only about 2 plays a game away from being like 5 and 1.

i hate mike tannenbaum and i hope he has genital herpes.

his mike vick herpes name is tom texaco

The Jets PR machine of trying to spin the season as a few plays away from being 7-2 is infuriating. The team has lost 4 games by 17 or more points. The last team to do that? The 1996 1-15 Jets. I cant believe that they really take the fans of the team to be idiots like this. All the team wants to hear from the GM and coach is the honest truth about the team.Dont try to spin this the way you spin everything else about the teams performance. A few years ago the Giants GM went out and called his starting QB skittish because he wasnt playing well. The Jets talk about how great Mark is when he sets his feet to throw the ball. Every person in America saw what a disaster Wayne Hunter and Eric Smith were last year. The Jets try to explain how they both grade out well and how 31 other teams would be lucky to have a guy like Smith. Needless to say they couldnt wait to get either out of the rotation. Is it that hard to admit that they have done a poor job this year and need to re-evaluate their players and personnel decisions to improve in the future?

Thats pretty much his show in a nutshell. As the old guard retired from sports Mike had less and less information to run with. ESPN blocked guests from appearing so he couldnt even do the interview spots with coaches and other writers that he did still have some relationships with. I think most people forget that when Parcells coached here Francesa was like the number 1 Jets fan because he wanted Bill to win. When the stories first began about how Woody was a clueless owner it was coming from Francesa via Parcells who wanted nothing to do with Johnson being the owner of the team.

I think Parcells was really his last tied in guy because shortly after Tuna left the show became more of a full time baseball show with the hook being Mike talking about how awesome the Yankees are and Russo being the counter by complaining about every penny they spent. Plus I think Bobby Valentine helped changed the overall direction of the program. It was kind of like how Jerry Springer used to be a straight show and then watched people fighting in the green room and decided they should get it on TV. Valentine and those two would have these heated arguments over baseball that they realized was better than anything else they could get on TV. From that point forward I think they started to go out of their way to stir up any kind of controversy provided it did not interfere with the teams contracted to their station. The only reason I think it was allowed to that extent with Valentine is that the station managers hated him as well.

I've seen stock swindlers and convicted murderers treated with more respect in their interviews than Tannenbaum was by Francesa.

The guy is in the fourth year of a program which began with a shiny new first round QB and coach who was respected around the league for his work as defensive coordinator. Now Tannenbaum admits that at this point, he's hoping for a win against St Louis to snap a 3 game losing streak and get the team turned around.

So Francesa just piles on and on about all the things wrong with the team like Tannenbaum is supposed to give us answers. If Tannenbaum had answers, the team wouldn't be 3-6. As he said, he's hoping for a win against a weak foe this week and then hopes this will propel the Jets into a hot streak heading into the playoffs. That's it, that's Tannenbaum's plan. Which means Tannenbaum is in trouble, and everyone knows it.

That didn't stop Francesa from giving the guy the third degree for the rest of interview. What a popous ass Francesa is.

I've seen stock swindlers and convicted murderers treated with more respect in their interviews than Tannenbaum was by Francesa.

The guy is in the fourth year of a program which began with a shiny new first round QB and coach who was respected around the league for his work as defensive coordinator. Now Tannenbaum admits that at this point, he's hoping for a win against St Louis to snap a 3 game losing streak and get the team turned around.

So Francesa just piles on and on about all the things wrong with the team like Tannenbaum is supposed to give us answers. If Tannenbaum had answers, the team wouldn't be 3-6. As he said, he's hoping for a win against a weak foe this week and then hopes this will propel the Jets into a hot streak heading into the playoffs. That's it, that's Tannenbaum's plan. Which means Tannenbaum is in trouble, and everyone knows it.

That didn't stop Francesa from giving the guy the third degree for the rest of interview. What a popous ass Francesa is.

i hate francesa.....and i rthink he was spot on in this interview. our moron gm got on the air and told everyone we are only a couple of plays each game from being a winning team. is he out of his ****ing mind? if anything i think francesa shoudl have piled it on even harder

i hate francesa.....and i rthink he was spot on in this interview. our moron gm got on the air and told everyone we are only a couple of plays each game from being a winning team. is he out of his ****ing mind? if anything i think francesa shoudl have piled it on even harder

would make a great SNL skit mon

Archived