What happened when T-Rex/Sparano were called into Woody's office this week?

BlackDynamite

Delusional...Tebow Time is when it gets worse not better...

Disagree. Honestly, it can't get much worse. The people perpetuating this thought seem delusional that if/when Tebow steps in it will suddenly get worse. Sanchez stats and performance are worse than anything I've seen from Tebow, ever.

Not at the box office.

Word.

Disagree. Honestly, it can't get much worse. The people perpetuating this thought seem delusional that if/when Tebow steps in it will suddenly get worse. Sanchez stats and performance are worse than anything I've seen from Tebow, ever.

Word.

Don't misunderstand...not saying we need to keep running Sanchez out there...he's earned his benching...just that Tebow does not fix what ails the Jets...gonna get uglier when that move happens...as far as the product on the field...whether his eventual QBing puts more money into Woody's wallet is irrelevant

Don't misunderstand...not saying we need to keep running Sanchez out there...he's earned his benching...just that Tebow does not fix what ails the Jets...gonna get uglier when that move happens...as far as the product on the field...whether his eventual QBing puts more money into Woody's wallet is irrelevant

I think the team will get a little bump simply from the fact that Rex will be holding someone--anyone--accountable on the team. I think 53 guys have given up on Sanchez, and it's affected their play. Ferguson didn't forget how to block. The defense didn't forget how to tackle, and Westhoff didn't forget how to coach special teams. There's a real problem with the psyche of the team right now and it all points toward Mark Sanchez.

Gotcha.

I think the team will get a little bump simply from the fact that Rex will be holding someone--anyone--accountable on the team. I think 53 guys have given up on Sanchez, and it's affected their play. Ferguson didn't forget how to block. The defense didn't forget how to tackle, and Westhoff didn't forget how to coach special teams. There's a real problem with the psyche of the team right now and it all points toward Mark Sanchez.

Agree with all you say here...but too little too late...the players will appreciate Dirty sitting down...but the product becomes even more un-watchable...as a fan...its time to ponder who makes the football decisions after the regime change...kind of like rubber-necking on the highway...people slow down to look...but really is this why we drove this way?

Agree with all you say here...but too little too late...the players will appreciate Dirty sitting down...but the product becomes even more un-watchable...as a fan...its time to ponder who makes the football decisions after the regime change...kind of like rubber-necking on the highway...people slow down to look...but really is this why we drove this way?

Jets Life, baby

The defense played reasonably well for 3 quarters in Seattle. Even the guys we righlty bust on-Pace, Scott, Harris-gave a solid effort. But in the 4th quarter it went to hell. This is not am excuse, merely an explanation. At some point what is the f___in' point of getting a stop to watch Pick 6 go out there and either turn ther ball over catastrophically again or simply do nothing productive. Nobody is going to come out and say it; this may not be a good or even mediocre team, but the QB is dragging everything so down we have no idea. The Jets' 4th quarter defense in most games has to be discouraged. Yes, they're professional and this is their job but at some point even the most mentally-tough player in the NFL is going to ask himself why bother.

The defense played reasonably well for 3 quarters in Seattle. Even the guys we righlty bust on-Pace, Scott, Harris-gave a solid effort. But in the 4th qurter it went to hell. This is not am excuse, merely an explanation. At some point what is the f___in' point of getting a sto to watch Pick 6 go out there and either turn ther ball over catastrophically again or simply do nothing productive. Nobody is going to come out and say it; this may not be a good or even mediocre team, but the QB is dragging everything so down we have no idea. The Jets' 4th quarter defense in most games has to be discouraged. Yes, they're professional and this is their job but at some point even the most mentally-tough player in the NFL is going to ask himself why bother.

Exactly, they're only human and the majority of them in their early and mid 20s. I don't care if it's their job, they're prone to the same emotions we are; if we see something as futile, it takes a very rare person to give his 110% every single time. I'm not saying I condone it on the field, I'm just saying it's pretty hard to imagine the ineptitude of the offense and QB doesn't effect their performance.

This might be the most ****ed up Jets team I can remember.

Are you allowed to fire an owner?

Absolutely! Don't show up for the remaining home games. Want to see REAL change? Watch how fast Woody cleans house when the stadium is empty on Thanksgiving and the whole country is watching!

I do not care who starts. We are not going to win with either of them. This all but guarantees that the JETS will draft a QB in the first round in the next draft so that the suckers JETS fans are hooked for another 3 seasons!

All indications are that Woody pushed for the Tebow trade. So he has himself to blame for this mess. A 4th round pick with a 6th round pick plus 2.5 mill that could have been used in free agency could have allowed the JETS to land some more talent to atleast not be the laughing stock of the NFL. If Tanny wanted Tebow he should be fired right now because it shows ZERO football acumen!

^A bunch of the defensive guys are on actual and de-facto one-year deals, too. Scott, Harris, Landry, Bell, Pace, Thomas. Hard to see them jumping into piles at this point.

Agreed. Which is why I've been more than pleased with the play of Landry. He's not the best player on the field, but I don't think anyone's ever been able to accuse him of not giving it his all. He's one of the few that I'd like to bring back, if at all possible.

Archived