What happened when T-Rex/Sparano were called into Woody's office this week?

BlackDynamite

I do not care who starts. We are not going to win with either of them. This all but guarantees that the JETS will draft a QB in the first round in the next draft so that the suckers JETS fans are hooked for another 3 seasons!

All indications are that Woody pushed for the Tebow trade. So he has himself to blame for this mess. A 4th round pick with a 6th round pick plus 2.5 mill that could have been used in free agency could have allowed the JETS to land some more talent to atleast not be the laughing stock of the NFL. If Tanny wanted Tebow he should be fired right now because it shows ZERO football acumen!

what are the indications that woody pushed for tebow? he just got done saying publicly that he didn't. so if thats a lie, he is throwing tanny under the bus for something he pushed him to do.

Florio brings up what might be a good point: why is Neil Glat--the business manager--in that meeting? It could be the sign that revenue concerns are about to dictate who starts at QB.

I absolutely loved the part about how "there’s no one more dangerous to anyone in the football operation than a non-football person who is in position to influence the owner." Yeah, a simpering, football-clueless toady whose primary job is maximizing revenue and providing Baghdad Bob reports to Woody must be a totally foriegn and intimidating creature to Noted Football Man Mike Tannenbaum.

I absolutely loved the part about how "there’s no one more dangerous to anyone in the football operation than a non-football person who is in position to influence the owner." Yeah, a simpering, football-clueless toady whose primary job is maximizing revenue and providing Baghdad Bob reports to Woody must be a totally foriegn and intimidating creature to Noted Football Man Mike Tannenbaum.

lol!

Great-another nonfootball genius to make decisions. Woody Johnson, bending that paradigm again!

Crazy idea-hire SOMEBODY who know football talent and has perhaps had a passing familiarity with scouting football talent.

when and if Tanny gets fired it will be another football guy. Not an accountant or a team president.

I think the team will get a little bump simply from the fact that Rex will be holding someone--anyone--accountable on the team. I think 53 guys have given up on Sanchez, and it's affected their play. Ferguson didn't forget how to block. The defense didn't forget how to tackle, and Westhoff didn't forget how to coach special teams. There's a real problem with the psyche of the team right now and it all points toward Mark Sanchez.

LOL...you are better than that. Ferguson sucked last year as well. The defense always has had issues getting key stops. We've never had Special teams this bad personel wise. We have never had WR's so lacking in talent and our pass rush is average at best.

Sanchez has been putrid but he is not to blame for the horrific play and decisions from the rest of the team, CS and GM.

As for Tebow tickets sales bump- I think that except for his most nauseating groupies, Jet fans realize he is not a QB.

I don't know what to say, really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. All comes down to today, and either, we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play. Until we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here, get the sh*t kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time. Now I can't do it for ya, I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces and I think, I mean, I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I've pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the ****ing difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life anymore it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is, the six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think ya going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That's a team, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys, that's all it is. Now, what are you gonna do?

-Woody Johnson

what are the indications that woody pushed for tebow? he just got done saying publicly that he didn't. so if thats a lie, he is throwing tanny under the bus for something he pushed him to do.

The strongest implication is that there's nothing clever in a football-related way about bringing Tebow in, so perhaps it's the hope that none of the so-called football people were behind this move. Thing is, I really don't see Tebow as a box office draw in the NY market, either. Certainly not the attraction he'd be in Jacksonville, or any bible-belt location.

As for the potential lie, the Tebow move has been widely panned since it happened. If Woody is behind the move and doesn't want the egg on his face, and Tannenbaum and Rex want to keep their jobs, it makes perfect sense for them to take all the credit blame for the Tebow fiasco. That secret would only be secure as long as they remain employed.

The strongest implication is that there's nothing clever in a football-related way about bringing Tebow in, so perhaps it's the hope that none of the so-called football people were behind this move. Thing is, I really don't see Tebow as a box office draw in the NY market, either. Certainly not the attraction he'd be in Jacksonville, or any bible-belt location.

As for the potential lie, the Tebow move has been widely panned since it happened. If Woody is behind the move and doesn't want the egg on his face, and Tannenbaum and Rex want to keep their jobs, it makes perfect sense for them to take all the credit blame for the Tebow fiasco. That secret would only be secure as long as they remain employed.

There is nothing unusual about bringin Tebow on board, he was in the playoffs last year, Mark wasn't.

Tebows last college game he put almost 500 yards in the air and a couple rushing tds..if I recall correctly, he had a six game road winning streak last year..with a bottom ranked D. Regardless of how much people don't like him, he will be a success somewhere, and only a fool would think differently.. there is way more to sports than ability, or size or *prettiness*. I wouldn't care if it took him a full 2 seconds to deliver the ball if he wins games..and Tebow wins games.

Archived