Bart's failed boycott attempt - guess we have confirmation on one of the "cowards"

NJ

Bart Scott tries to lead mutiny against media following Jets win

Now that the New York Jets have actually won in a convincing fashion for the first time since they beat the Colts, 35-9, on October 14, it's time for linebacker Bart Scott to act stupid again. Scott, who threatened a reporter in the team locker room in September, tried to get his teammates to say nothing but "Both teams played hard" following their Sunday 27-13 win over the St. Louis Rams.

According to Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post, Scott was trying to lead the movement against the media after anonymous teammates and team officials allegedly ripped Tim Tebow to the New York Daily News this week.

"Bart Scott is leading a media mutiny by the Jets defense in the locker room," Hubbuch tweeted after the game. "This is ridiculous ... Bart Scott is ordering every Jets defensive player to say nothing but "both teams played hard." Threatening any that don't ... Scott blaming everyone in the media for the Daily News story ... Thankfully, Yeremiah Bell isn't participating in Bart Scott's boycott foolishness. A true pro ... Scott yells at Bryan Thomas for breaking the boycott, calling him "a MF-ing sellout." Yeremiah Bell tells Scott: "Stop it. Just stop it."

About 10 minutes later, this from Hubbuch:

"Now that his boycott flopped, Bart Scott is talking calmly and openly to the media. What a team this is."

Indeed. Even when they do well, the Jets can't keep from getting in their own way. Keep in mind that all this noise is coming from a guy who had one tackle against the Rams, and has a grand total of 21 solo tackles this season.

Holy bloody crap.

Manish writes an unfair hit piece on the Jets, as the media has been doing FOR YEARS NOW, Bart tries to get the team to MAN UP and somehow the *media* is the victim? LOL...what??

WWF. Thats what the media has made the NFL.

This sh*t is getting old. I dont even know why I read these reports.

I don't blame Bart. He was singled out by LT and of course the media ran with that. I'd be angry too, especially if I didn't do it.

But the media has been ridiculous. Way more ridiculous even than usual. Even if Tebow was actually contributing, I wish he was anywhere else.

Whatever man, I'm with Bart on this. He's been saying it since preseason; why should he or the team make the reporter's jobs easier when their sole intention is to tear them down by either twisting their words or cherry-pick a line from an entire interview designed to elicit those very types of responses. These guys aren't genius personal relation marketing reps, they are 20 and 30 year old professional athletes who just finished playing a brutal game where their adrenaline is at an extremely high level, yet it's these players who are acting unprofessional instead of the supposedly, level-headed unbiased journalists. It's like interviewing a Axl Rose, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page etc. after a two hour rock show and not expecting to hear "I'm gonna get laid tonight." You can tell the reporters that despise/are jealous of athletes and those who take their job serious and love what they do. Pretty obvious.

I like the idea, especially if everyone went with it. Would've shown leadership.

Not when you curse out one of the longest tenured Jets for ignoring you. There is no leadership in chastising a teammate for ignoring immature and unprofessional antics. If Bart was respected, and an actual leader they'd listen to him. Sounds like veterans re embarrassed by him instead.

LOL @ this. Mutiny? Really? There's no doubt that Scott's being a baby and has been all season, but get the **** over yourself Hubbuch. If I'm on the Jets, I'm dressing up as a pirate on Monday and stabbing the guy in the back with a toy sword or some sh*t.

Mutiny. Even writers suck at writing now. We're so screwed.

Unless I hear the entirety of the conversation between Thomas, Scott and Bell, I'm going to go ahead and not take the dude who's trying to play this off as a mutiny, for his word. It's a bit petulant from Scott, but he's a 30 something year old man playing football for a living, why does the journalist, most likely with four years of higher education, penning this drivel not catch any more heat?? It's baffling.

Scott reacted angrily to Tomlinson’s accusation.

“That can’t be farther from the truth,” Scott told The Post. “One thing about me is I ain’t ever hid behind [junk] that I’ve ever said. I’m not afraid to put my name to it, go to a person and say it to them.”

Scott was quoted at a charity event Tuesday saying the team is a family and would stick together.

“Why would I have those comments and then have another article about we’re a family?” Scott said. “The same day, am I bipolar? LaDainian is out of line in thinking I have that type of character. I don’t know what he believes I showed to him when he was here. If anything, I hope I showed him I was a leader and I never try to be a distraction.”

Sounds like a denial to me.

Unless I hear the entirety of the conversation between Thomas, Scott and Bell, I'm going to go ahead and not take the dude who's trying to play this off as a mutiny, for his word.

It doesn't even matter if Hubbuch is lying. This isn't mutiny. There's no relationship of power here. Hubbuch isn't ****ing Captain Hook and Bart Scott isn't Smee. The guy's a god damn beat writer.

It doesn't even matter if Hubbuch is lying. This isn't mutiny. There's no relationship of power here. Hubbuch isn't ****ing Captain Hook and Bart Scott isn't Smee. The guy's a god damn beat writer.

Solid point as usual, but the message is a bit lost as all I can think of is Dusty Hoffman, Robin Williams and Bob Haskins in Hook. Run Home Jack!

I think Scott can be a clown and I liked him better when he was good at football. But the crew that covers the Jets has several clowns in it. I think Manish is a hack that doesn't know much about football. When Cimini is the best reporter, things have gone terribly wrong.

Regardless of the situation, that analogy kicks ass.

+1

Hook_Smee.jpg

I think Scott can be a clown and I liked him better when he was good at football. But the crew that covers the Jets has several clowns in it. I think Manish is a hack that doesn't know much about football. When Cimini is the best reporter, things have gone terribly wrong.

They're total hacks. Clearly, they haven't listened to the precision reportage and acute, objective analyses of Courtney and Phil on their weekly podcast. Pulitzer awaits.

What else should he do? The media are the reason for at least 5 of our 6 losses.

Exactly. When I'm looking over my shoulder at an ATM at 3 am I'm worried about the media. Oh sh*t! It's Bart Hubbich! Run!

Didn't the media make the trades for Tebow and Favre?

They're total hacks. Clearly, they haven't listened to the precision reportage and acute, objective analyses of Courtney and Phil on their weekly podcast. Pulitzer awaits.

Tom -- at some point in your life you should sit in the front of the class and give something a shot. Put yourself out there, you will feel good. Sure, sitting in the last row and cracking jokes gets people to laugh and all, but go for it man. Give something a shot. :)

Tom -- at some point in your life you should sit in the front of the class and give something a shot. Put yourself out there, you will feel good. Sure, sitting in the last row and cracking jokes gets people to laugh and all, but go for it man. Give something a shot. :)

All the chicks are back here with me and Bender.

Holy bloody crap.

Manish writes an unfair hit piece on the Jets, as the media has been doing FOR YEARS NOW, Bart tries to get the team to MAN UP and somehow the *media* is the victim? LOL...what??

Exactly. Its funny how the only guy who grabs Sanchez by the facemask and tells him to "keep his head up" after a horrible play, or tries to gather the team together in defense of a player who is quite frankly terrible, but a teammate none the less, can be called a coward or be dismissed simply by his lack of production on the field. This team is being destroyed week in and week out for that very lack of comradery. People mentioning him not being a leader but I dont see anyone else trying to show Sanchez how to role with the punches. I dont see anyone else trying to stand up for Tebow, I see bitches talking about him and being to cowardly to put their name on it. People can say what they want about Bart Scott, but it seems that Bart was one of the few that was all in when he got here and bled green more than alot of these "jet vets".

Seems to me the only people who have heart or the nerve to tell it like it is, is in fact Bart Scott along with the offensive leader on this team Greg McElroy.

Bryan Thomas f'ing sold out. I dont expect Yeremiah Bell to have that type of bond given that he's been with the Jets just for this year, which is an implosion at that.

Bart may only have 21 tackles, but he's also the only one with balls on the defense.

Archived