if Mark could play like this every week

bitonti

You want mistakes eliminated and a higher completion percentage. You get that in spades and it's not good enough.

Just calling out the hypocicy. You keep saying the season over but I don't think the Jets heard you.

In spades? You have got to be kidding. You really think one game against a sh*tty opponent suddenly changes everything? It's not hypocrisy, it's that most people aren't so immeasurably stupid to change their entire opinions of a sh*tty player based on one mediocre performance.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll check back into this thread after the Jets face a top-10 run defense and an offense that is averaging more than double the Rams per game output on Thursday night.

Call me a pessimist, but I'm thinking that 15 completions for 178 yards isn't going to cut it.

You really think that will matter? Don't be silly. As we've been told repeatedly, all Sanchez needs is one performance once every 5 weeks or so that is not the absolute worst in the league to prove that all of those games where he sucked ass in between didn't count, and he obviously doesn't suck at all.

Duh.

I'll check back into this thread after the Jets face a top-10 run defense and an offense that is averaging more than double the Rams per game output on Thursday night.

Call me a pessimist, but I'm thinking that 15 completions for 178 yards isn't going to cut it.

I feel good about Thursday. Pretty sure I will be sound asleep from the six generations of turkeys I will eat and the barrel of Makers Mark I will wash it down with.

I would say that having players on your team spout negative remarks about other teammates continues not to speak well to Rex's ability to control his locker room, and his ability to effectively lead.

Who gives a f*** what happens on in the locker room unless it effects things on the field? The defense was dominant yesterday and the offense played above its normal expectations (putrid) en route to a 27-13 win. I'd say it was a fine week.

Thursday will be another story but I doubt it will be because of players "spouting negative remarks".

I would say that having players on your team spout negative remarks about other teammates continues not to speak well to Rex's ability to control his locker room, and his ability to effectively lead.

I can't believe that anyone is chirping for Rex's job. He's a great head coach. If the Jets fire him he'd get another head coaching job in 5 nanoseconds. This isn't Herm or Mangini. Rex is a football lifer with an awesome resume. Who else was a ballboy for Namath era Jets and Super Bowl shuffle era Bears? Who else was handed an entire style of defense, invented by his dad? He runs a great defense, every year. Even this year's flawed defense is showing signs of life. The guy is great on challenges. He gets people fired up. What else do you want from the guy? The ability to stop Antonio Cromartie from making anonymous quotes. Sorry but Vince Lombardi can't do that. Anyone who wants Rex fired needs to take a step back. The guy is a high quality NFL coach who fits well in this crazy media market. He should be willing to stay for a decade. For as long as he wants.

But we all know that Mark is not that QB. One game does not change anything. He is what he is--a yellow dog in the pocket who now looks to lie down instead of trying to avoid sacks. An inaccurate passer, with poor field vision and bad football instincts. So why kid ourselves because he was mediocre against a dreadful team? Anyone who thinks that Sanchez could be a viable QB wat this point in time deserves whatever they get.

Hence the "we have none of those things so blow it up" part.

I try to be fair in my evaluations of Sanchez at this point. He had a good game yesterday. Everything is still sh*t and nothing is fixed. It was a good game (for him). That's all.

Rex is a football lifer with an awesome resume. Who else was a ballboy for Namath era Jets and Super Bowl shuffle era Bears? Who else was handed an entire style of defense, invented by his dad?

That you consider ballboy experience and genetic luck to constitute "an awesome resume" would be hilarious, if I didn't suspect that Woody thinks the same way.

Hence the "we have none of those things so blow it up" part.

I try to be fair in my evaluations of Sanchez at this point. He had a good game yesterday. Everything is still sh*t and nothing is fixed. It was a good game (for him). That's all.

agreed. But something has to be done about the position.

He completed 75% of his passes and had 0 turnovers, that's better than mediocre. If he could do that every week the Jets would be a winning franchise. You complain that he's not throwing 5td like Schaub but the Jets don't need a QB that throws 5 Td's a game. they have a better defense than most and a better offensive line than most. They just need a QB who won't throw the game away.

Agreed. We need a different QB. Because he can't, and you know that quote about "ifs and buts.....?"

Archived