Playing Devil's Advocate: How The Jets Can Make The Playoffs!

BlackDynamite

8:20 PM NBC 8,884 available as low as $24 13 Sun, Dec 2

1:00 PM FOX 9,369 available as low as $29 14 Sun, Dec 9

1:00 PM CBS 2,541 available as low as $25 15 Mon, Dec 17

8:30 PMnetworkLogo_espn.gifwatchespn-55x12.png 4,137 available as low as $19 16 Sun, Dec 23

8:20 PM NBC 11,949 available as low as $17 17 Sun, Dec 30

If the Jets can play like they played today for the next 6 weeks in a row (highly unlikely), they can go 5-1 the rest of the way.

New England doesn't have either TE, so if the Jets are EVER gonna beat the Pats, now is the time.

Arizona has no QB, and they are a warm weather team coming to the Northeast. Advantage: Jets

Jacksonville felt the Jets last season. You have to go out of your way to lose to them.

Tennessee has a rookie QB, and is not very good, but this is a place I expect them to slip up.

San Diego will never come to the Northeast and win in December while I'm alive. Even against the Jets

Jets beat Buffalo like a pinata. Buffalo will have nothing play for.

Plus Big Ben being out for 3 games will cost Pitt 3 losses (They are 0-5 without him since 2004)

And the Jets have tie-breakers over the Colts with the win earlier this year.

The Jets biggest enemy the rest of the season is......the New York Jets. If they play like they did today. Not like they did opening day, but like a professional football team that is prepared to win every week, they can go 5-1 and make the postseason at 9-7. 9-7 is more than enough to make the Playoffs as a Wild Card.

8-8 could get it done this year!

Nobody else wants to go to the Playoffs in the weakest AFC in recent memory.

If they want it, it's there.....

BD

My expectations are about as low as they've been since we started out 4-6 in Sanchez's first year, but just the fact that we aren't mathematically eliminated still gets me excited for every game. If we win on thursday then maybe I'll start to get excited, but I just can't help shake the feeling that we'll win enough to convince ownership to stay the course, but not enough to make the playoffs. I'm always a believer in once you make the playoffs anything can happen, especially this year, but anything less than the playoffs just makes each additional win that much more of a kick to the balls.

My expectations are about as low as they've been since we started out 4-6 in Sanchez's first year, but just the fact that we aren't mathematically eliminated still gets me excited for every game. If we win on thursday then maybe I'll start to get excited, but I just can't help shake the feeling that we'll win enough to convince ownership to stay the course, but not enough to make the playoffs. I'm always a believer in once you make the playoffs anything can happen, especially this year, but anything less than the playoffs just makes each additional win that much more of a kick to the balls.

The scary part is even if they finish 8-8, they aren't out of it. The AFC is just that weak.

Not expecting much for Thanksgiving, and they WILL slip up in one of the other games.

But something tells me they won't be out of playoff contention for a long time.....

BD

I'm so glad we get NE next. Imagine winning 3-5 games in a row and then losing to them to officially eliminate us. Better to get the loss out of the way asap.

Whatever, we're going to win giving everyone a glimmer of hope only to lose the Jags.

Book it.

Jake Locker isn't a rookie and he's not bad and has some good weapons. Beatable, but not for the reasons you state.

Jake Locker has played 10 games in the NFL, so he's a rook, and I can't name one receiver on that team, unless super-criminal Kenny Britt is still there.......

BD

8:20 PM NBC 8,884 available as low as $24 13 Sun, Dec 2

1:00 PM FOX 9,369 available as low as $29 14 Sun, Dec 9

1:00 PM CBS 2,541 available as low as $25 15 Mon, Dec 17

8:30 PMnetworkLogo_espn.gifwatchespn-55x12.png 4,137 available as low as $19 16 Sun, Dec 23

8:20 PM NBC 11,949 available as low as $17 17 Sun, Dec 30

If the Jets can play like they played today for the next 6 weeks in a row (highly unlikely), they can go 5-1 the rest of the way.

New England doesn't have either TE, so if the Jets are EVER gonna beat the Pats, now is the time.

Arizona has no QB, and they are a warm weather team coming to the Northeast. Advantage: Jets

Jacksonville felt the Jets last season. You have to go out of your way to lose to them.

Tennessee has a rookie QB, and is not very good, but this is a place I expect them to slip up.

San Diego will never come to the Northeast and win in December while I'm alive. Even against the Jets

Jets beat Buffalo like a pinata. Buffalo will have nothing play for.

Plus Big Ben being out for 3 games will cost Pitt 3 losses (They are 0-5 without him since 2004)

And the Jets have tie-breakers over the Colts with the win earlier this year.

The Jets biggest enemy the rest of the season is......the New York Jets. If they play like they did today. Not like they did opening day, but like a professional football team that is prepared to win every week, they can go 5-1 and make the postseason at 9-7. 9-7 is more than enough to make the Playoffs as a Wild Card.

8-8 could get it done this year!

Nobody else wants to go to the Playoffs in the weakest AFC in recent memory.

If they want it, it's there.....

BD

I believe I said it in the beginning of the year it will come down to us having to win the last game of the year to make the playoffs.

Our playoff run (if you want to call it that) starts Thanksgiving night. I hope after we have eaten the turkeys, hamsm mashed potatoes etc...and finally get a chance to sit down and watch the game, we don't vomit uncontrollably from what we are seeing from the Jets. I really hope we beat the Pats....

Jake Locker has played 10 games in the NFL, so he's a rook, and I can't name one receiver on that team, unless super-criminal Kenny Britt is still there.......

BD

2nd year in NFL = NOT a rookie

Kenny Britt, Nate Washington, and a rookie named Kendall Wright who is wayyyyy better than Hill.

Whatever, we're going to win giving everyone a glimmer of hope only to lose the Jags.

Book it.

Hmm. Would it be worse to beat NE and make a run only to lose to and be eliminated by a scrub team, or get a nice run of wins vs scrub teams and then lose to and be eliminated by NE? I'm not really sure which would be worse.

Hmm. Would it be worse to beat NE and make a run only to lose to and be eliminated by a scrub team, or get a nice run of wins vs scrub teams and then lose to and be eliminated by NE? I'm not really sure which would be worse.

NE eliminating is worse. For sure. Beating them brings me joy. I hate the ****ing Pats.

No question I want to beat NE. no matter what, always want to beat NE. Fing hate NE

Archived