Francesa, Simms- Eli

Joewillie2012

He's not elite. When there is a clear tier above you (Rogers, Brees, Brady, his brother), then you can't really be called elite. And he's only been middle of the pack this year.

So if beating elite QBs in the Playoffs, like Tom Lady and Rodgers, doesn't make you elite, along with winning 2 RANGS, what does?

Or do you just hate the guy?

BD

He's one of four quarterbacks playing right now that you'd pick to start for your team entering a playoff run. You'd pick him before you'd pick Peyton. That's elite.

Even without Peyton he would not be in the Top 4. And most people will go with Peyton over Eli.

Way i look it Top 4 without Peyton would be :

Brees

Brady

Ben

Rodgers

So if beating elite QBs in the Playoffs, like Tom Lady and Rodgers, doesn't make you elite, along with winning 2 RANGS, what does?

Or do you just hate the guy?

BD

That argument was already defeated earlier in the thread, why are you trying to make it again?

So make the argument Eli isn't Elite. You missed your own original point.

When the time comes to win the biggest games of the season, he goes out and wins them with excellent passes in the clutch. You want him to be Tim Tebow, garbage for 55 minutes, when you know that's not the case.

Now make the argument that his time management and scoring late is irrelevant....

BD

Donovan McNabb and Jake Delhomme would disagree with that.

Anyway, Manning's a good QB, but his team winning 2 super bowls doesn't magically make him a better QB or as good as the elite QB's in the league. The Giants won despite him in the 2007 SB. He threw a pick in the red zone, almost lost 2 fumbles, and got bailed out by Tyree and his defense. And in the SB last year, swap the Giants defense with the swiss cheese NE defense and it would have been a massacre of epic proportions; it would have been a blow out. Everyone would have quit watching at halftime.

No, I'm pretty sure you lost decisively. It wasn't close. In fact, you gave up. You quit. You're a quitter.

Come at me bro. Whenever you want me.

I'm right here.....

Eli beat every "elite QB" head-to-head in the biggest games of the season, and won 2 rangs doing it.

But he is not elite. Why?

Go.......

BD

Archived